Published on October 23, 2014
1. Content is Still King, But it Needs Your Help Lionel Menchaca 2014 IABC Southern Region Conference, Oct. 17 1
2. It’s Noisy Out There 2 500M tweets 60M Instagram photo uploads 30M Facebook small biz pages 73M WordPress blogs 100 Hours of video uploaded/ min
3. Things to Remember 1. Align your social content efforts with your communications 3 and marketing efforts 2. Traditional PR still matters; Social content is additive to the process 3. Build relationships internally and externally 4. Paid media is now a bigger part of the social content equation
4. Being an Effective Communicator in 2014 and Beyond 4 50% 10% 20% 20% Relationship Builder Content Creator Internal SME Motivator Hustler
5. Align Social Content with Communications and Marketing Efforts 5 Blog Posts Facebook Status Updates Tweets Google+ Updates LinkedIn Status Updates YouTube Videos Press Releases Pinterest Board Topics Global Editorial Calendar • Aligning with Communications topics ensures social is augmenting strategic areas and corporate objectives. • Aligning with Marketing pillars ensures strategic value; opens possibility for paid media in social.
6. Effective Content is About Balance 6 Will lead you here: Starting with Credibility Builders… What you want to promote What matters to customers What influencers are talking about
7. Social Content as Official Corporate Response Hub 1. Acknowledge (2 – 4 hours) 2. Confirm (24 – 48 hours) 3. Fix (2 days – several weeks) 7
8. Connect with Reporters Online 8 Muckrack.com Twitter Lists Mediagazer.com
9. Building Relationships on the Web 9 Read Connect Share
10. Turn Employees Loose as Topic Experts and Advocates • Dell’s social training & activation program, SMaC University, launched in August 2010 (heralded as “best-in-class” by Forrester Research) 10 10,000+ Certified Practitioners (50% active at least monthly for Dell) 64% engaged in Chatter community (most active group) 800+ SMaC Champions (1:7 personal posts drive traffic to Dell) 200+ Social SMEs/Execs (Impact SEO, SOV, revenue, cost savings) Networks: By function/region + dedicated community for certified social practitioners Advocates: Volunteer for specific tasks to support business via social outside of role Thought Leaders: Identify, train and support internal experts to become active social thought leaders Certification: Open to all employees; 3 foundational classes + one platform elective
11. Paid Media is now a bigger part of the equation • Jay Baer is right: Shotguns Trump Rifles • Besides so much content, many social 11 networks are now (or soon will be) public companies • When extra visibility is important (and budget allows), look to content syndication services; See Jordan Teicher’s Contently post for insights
12. 12 THANK YOU Lionel Menchaca Email: email@example.com Phone: 512.298.1189 • @LionelGeek on Twitter • My WCG Blog Posts • My Dell Blog Posts
Small deck used during Use Case roundtable at JiveWorld 2014. On each on the 14 ta...
This 30 minute presentation was given at the 2014 Rochester Young Professionals En...
The original Content is King article written by Bill Gates back in 1996. ... Content is Still King ... 5 Reasons Why Your Business Needs Content Writers ...
Web content is the textual, ... content is still the dominant way whereby we share content. ... Content is king
Get your content right, and you’ve ... Your content needs to be ... Having content that performs well in vertical search can help you succeed when your ...
Content is King. By Jennifer Kyrnin ... up with content for your site, and what types of content are already ... have your tools together, you need to ...
What kind of content can I monetize? ... are asked by YouTube to provide more information about the use of software in your content, ... Still need help?
The Surprising Health Benefits of Spicy Food Include a ... What Happens to Your Body When You Stop ... 8 Fatty Foods That Can Help You Slim Down.
The more your readers understand and respect your content, ... Content may be king, ... writer who needs no help. I am bookmarking your list so that I ...
How long does it take your children to grow up in fable 3; ... How much gold do you need to save albion; ... After you beat fable 3 can you still do kings ...
Table of Contents. Translations Disclaimer ... Then, if you still need to ask for clarification, ... Help your community learn from the question.
Martin Luther King Jr. longed for a day ... In order for King's dream to come true, we need to put ... we cannot help but develop a mindset ...