Published on December 8, 2016
1. CONSTRUCTION OF DEHUMIDIFIER 1
2. DEHUMIDIFIER A dehumidifier is generally a household appliance which reduces the level of humidity in the air, usually for health or comfort reasons, or to eliminate musty odor. Large dehumidifiers are also used in commercial buildings such as indoor ice rinks to control the humidity level. By their operation, dehumidifiers extract water from the conditioned air. This collected water (usually called condensate) is not normally used for drinking, and is often discarded. LINK: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dehumidifier 2
3. WORKING OF DEHUMIDIFIER Working on the same principle as a refrigerator, moisture-filled air is drawn into the dehumidifier and passed over a cold, ‘refrigerated’ coil. The damp air condenses on the cold coil into water droplets which are collected in the water tank. The air is then passed over a warm coil and sent out from the dehumidifier, producing clean, dry air. In cold conditions the water that is passed over the cold coil may freeze. Dehumidifiers utilize a hot gas defrost system, enabling hot gas to be transferred into the cold coil, reversing the freezing process. LINK: http://www.mitsubishi-electric.co.nz/dehumidifier/how.aspx 3
4. DEHUMIDIFYING BY REFRIGERATION LINK : http://www.explainthatstuff.com/dehumidifier.html 4 1. Warm, moist air is sucked in. 2. An electric fan draws the air inward. 3. The warm air passes over freezing cold pipes. 4. The air passes over a heating element. 5. Warm, dry air blows back into the room. 6. The moisture that was in the air originally drips down into a collecting tray (or bucket) at the bottom of the machine. 7. A plastic float in the machine rises upward as the collecting tray fills up. 8. The float trips an electric switch that turns off the fan and switches on an indicator light telling you the machine needs emptying.
5. DEHUMIDIFIER APPLICATIONS Use an extractor fan or open a window when taking a bath or shower. Wipe down wet walls and floors in your bathroom after use. Seal cracks in your walls with a caulk or sealant. Place wet clothes to dry next to an open window. If possible, dry your clothes outside. When cooking on a hob, use your extractor fan hood. LINK: http://www.Which.Co.Uk/reviews/dehumidifiers/article/dehumidifiers-explained 5
6. LITERATURE REVIEW 6 S.No NAME PUBLICATION 1 JUNTAKAN TAWEEKUN The Experiment and Simulation of Solid Desiccant Dehumidification for Air- Conditioning System in a Tropical Humid Climate 2 LAUREN MATTISON & DAVE KORN Dehumidifiers: A Major Consumer of Residential Electricity 3 VIMAL MISHRA, I. S. NAVEEN, SUBHADEEP PURKAYASTHA & SWASTIK GUPTA Design of Adaptive Humidity Controller and Practical Implementation for Humidity and Temperature Exclusiveness 4 WANG HUAJUN & QI CHENGYING Experimental study of operation performance of a low power thermoelectric cooling dehumidifier 5 ALAN COSAR Dehumidifiers A Business Case Study These research papers help us to the market research on dehumidifier industry, case study on dehumidifier construction segment, study on low power consuming dehumidifiers and construction of dehumidifiers for specific environmental conditions.
7. OBJECTIVES 7 To develop a dehumidifier keeping in mind the local climatic conditions. Agartala has a monsoon influenced humid subtropical climate with large amounts of rain almost all year. The city experiences long, hot and wet summers, lasting from April to October. Average temperatures are around 28 °C (82 °F). Targeting the local market, we want to develop a dehumidifier that is cheap, power efficient, conducive to local environment and smartly designed, so as to address the most notable issues during the summers in Agartala, which are moderately hot but very humid, we have come up with an idea of developing a dehumidifier that solves all those issues at the minimal cost, while being very handy to use.
8. WORK UPDATES 8
9. RECENT WORK MARKET ANALYSIS DEVICE MODELLING LOAD CALCULATIONS DESIGN LAYOUT PART AVAILABILITY COST ANALYSIS 9
10. COMPONENTS 10
11. COMPRESSOR FEATURE ROTARY RECIPROCATING MARKET PRICE (₹) 7,100 7,000 COMPANY WHIRPOOL KIRLOASKAR RATING 1 TON 1.5 TONNE TYPE NEW SECOND HAND 11
12. PARTS PART MARKET PRICE (₹) EVAPORATOR COIL 3,000 CONDENSOR COIL COPPER – 5,500 ALUMINIUM – 4,700 REFRIGERANT R22 - 450 (per kg) R134a – 600 (per kg) 12
13. 13 LOAD ANALYSIS
14. LOAD CALCULATION 14 LOAD DETAILS HUMAN LOAD 5 MEN ELCTRICAL APPLIANCES COMPUTER 5 FAN 2 TUBE LIGHT 2 CONDUCTION THROUGH SIDE WALLS AND ROOF TOP CONVECTION THROUGH WINDOWS AND DOORS RADIATION THROUGH WINDOWS AND DOORS INFILTRATION OF HEAT FROM UNKNOWN SOURCES
15. 15 LOAD ANALYSIS : HUMAN AND ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES LOAD AVERAGE VALUE PARTICULARS TOTAL LOAD HUMAN 115 W/person 5 575 W COMPUTER 200 W/system 5 1000 W FAN 70 W/fan 2 140 W TUBE LIGHT 40 W/tube 2 80 W LOAD ANALYSIS : CONDUCTION THROUGH SIDE WALLS WALL AREA WALL THICKNESS BRICK THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY TEMPERATURE DROP 6X3 m2 0.15 m 0.8 w/m-K 5 K LOAD THROUGH ONE FACE OF SIDE WALL = 480 W APPROXIMATE LOAD ANALYSIS CONDUCTION THROUGH ROOF WALL = 240 W LOAD FROM ALL SURFACES (CONVECTION, RADIATION AND RADIATION) BY OTHER MEANS = 200 W
16. 16 LOAD PARTICULARS CALCULATED VALUE HUMAN AND ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES 1795 W CONDUCTION THROUGH ONE FACE OF SIDE WALL 480 W CONDUCTION THROUGH ONE FACE OF ROOF WALL 240 W CONDUCTION, CONVECTION AND RADIATION BY OTHER MEANS AND FROM REMAINING WALLS 200 W TOTAL LOAD 2715 W = 0.7726 tonne
17. 17 DESIGN LAYOUT
19. 19 FUTURE ASPECTS
20. FUTURE ASPECTS The present project is carried considering the local climatic/weather conditions of Agartala region. As per the progress of the project the market survey of major components are done. The next step is to work on the designing aspects- capillary, refrigerant flow and leakage problems. Hence the assembly of the components and it’s testing. The project can be mass produced for a local uses given that the dehumidifier is cheap, power efficient and easy to use. 20
21. THANK YOU 21
The report is titled, “Dehumidifier Market ... Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, ... This is owing to the high demand for dehumidifiers in the construction ...
Dehumidifier market size was valued at USD 2.13 ... Dehumidifier Market Analysis By ... Rising construction activities worldwide and technology developments are ...
... Dehumidifier Market Report - UK 2015-2019 Analysis. ... edition of the 'Dehumidifier Market Report ... dehumidifiers used in the construction ...
Global dehumidifier market, ... cold storage dehumidifiers market, construction industry ... the report offers competitive analysis of dominant companies in the ...
Dehumidifiers Market: Global Industry Analysis ... is shifting the construction industry at pace in ... report provides analysis and information ...
... the demand for dehumidifiers in the construction industry is ... Chemical Absorbent Dehumidifiers) - Global Industry Analysis, Size ... 2020” report to ...
... cooling, dehumidifying, and air filtration rental services ... construction, planned or emergency ... packaged refrigerant or desiccant dehumidifier systems will ...
China Cooled dehumidifier Market Research Report 2017 is a market research report ... Upsurge in Manufacturing and Construction ... analysis / report(s) ...
Looking for the Best dehumidifier? Consumer Reports has honest Ratings and Reviews on dehumidifiers from the unbiased experts you can trust. Product Reviews.