Published on July 4, 2016
1. CONSTITUTIONAL PROVISONS FOR EDUCATION welcome
2. INTRODUCTION Nature of the nation socialist, secular, democratic, republic identity of the nation guarantees justice, freedom of thought, expression, belief, faith, worship, equality of status and opportunity and fraternity etc. What is constitution
3. Goals of education envisaged in the constitution Training the citizens Inculcation of social and moral values Achieving social and national integration Providing education for all Equalising educational opportunities Achieving socio cultural development Achieving the modernization of Indian society Achieving human resource development 3saju cmi7/4/2016
4. Constitutional provisions related to education 1) Education in the concurrent list 42nd amendment in 1976 education was made in the concurrent list. 4saju cmi7/4/2016
5. 2. Equality before law Article 14- state shall not deny to any person equality before law or equal protection of the laws with in the territory of India 5saju cmi7/4/2016
6. 3. Women education Article 15 (3) provides special provision for women and children 6saju cmi7/4/2016
7. 4. Equality of opportunity for employments Article 16 states Equal opportunity for all citizens in matters relating to employment or appointment to any office under the state No discrimination with respect to any employment on the grounds of religion, race, caste, sex, place of birth and residence etc… 7saju cmi7/4/2016
8. 5. Clear direction for religious education State funded educational institution can not compel the children to be present in any religious ceremonies (article 26) Can not arrange any religious education (article 28) 8saju cmi7/4/2016
9. 6. Prohibition of employment of children in factories, etc. No child below the age of 14 year shall be employed to work in any factory or mine Article 24 guarantees 9saju cmi7/4/2016
10. 7. Equal rights to admission in educational institutions No citizen will be deprived of the right to admission in any state or state-aided or self finance educational institutions on the basis of any religion, race, caste, etc 10saju cmi7/4/2016
11. 8. Special provision for education of minorities Article 30 (1) religious or linguistic minorities will enjoy the right to establishment and administration of educational institutional of their interest Article 30 (2) state will not discriminate in providing assistance to educational institutions run by minorities. 11saju cmi7/4/2016
12. 9. Provision for free and compulsory education Article 45 declares free and compulsory education for children up to 14 years of age 12saju cmi7/4/2016
13. 10. Child care and provision of education for infants By 93rd constitutional amendment in 2001 added to article 45 “state will look after and provide education to all children until they attain the age of 6 years 13saju cmi7/4/2016
14. 11. Special provision for education of children of weaker classes- SC & ST State will promote with special care the education and economic interests of the weaker sections of the people especially the SC and ST (article 46) 14saju cmi7/4/2016
15. 12. Provision of higher education and research centres of national importance by union government Articles 62 63 64 65 66 states Union government has the responsibility of providing finance and administration of national libraries and museums, educational institutes of national importance 15saju cmi7/4/2016
16. 13. Special provisions for the education of Anglo-Indian community Article 337 assures No educational institutional shall be entitled to receive any grant under this article unless at least 40 per cent of the annual admissions therein are mare available to the members of communities other than the Anglo-Indian community 16saju cmi7/4/2016
17. 14. Education of languages of national importance Article 344 (1) D E C L E A R E S 22 languages of national importance and the state will make suitable effort for their development 17saju cmi7/4/2016
18. 15. Facilities for instruction in mother-tongue at primary stage Article 347 P R O M I S E S It shall be the endeavor of every state and every local authority within the state to provide adequate facilities for instruction in the mother – tongue at the primary level especially to the children belonging to minority groups 18saju cmi7/4/2016
19. CONCLUSION Government is the largest provider of elementary education in the country………. 19saju cmi7/4/2016
20. ? ! 20saju cmi7/4/2016
21. Let us fight for rights…. THANK YOU 21saju cmi7/4/2016
22. 22saju cmi7/4/2016
Constitutional Provision for Education Seventh Schedule (Article 246) List III: Concurrent List 25. Education, including technical education, medical ...
constitutional provisons for education - ppt constitutional provisons for education from arun joseph. posted by
Popular Names of Constitutional Provisions. Updated Sept. 30, 2013. Prepared by Devotion Garner. Updated by Cheryl Nyberg. Many provisions of the U.S ...
Constitutional Provisions. Fri, 02 ... authority within the State to provide adequate facilities for instruction in the mother-tongue at the primary stage ...
List of U.S. state constitutional provisions allowing self-representation in state courts ... Most U.S. states have a constitutional, statutory, ...
The Legal Information Institute of Cornell University explains that a constitutional provision is a law that is stated directly in the country's constitution.
Awareness of citizen on environmental legal ... Constitutional Law) ... Regarding education qualification it was found out that 47 percent had done
Definition of Constitutional Provisions Involved in the ... Before the Subcommittee on Constitutional Rights of the ... and education." 42.