Published on September 29, 2015
1. How conscientious are you?
2. Part # 1 People who are very conscientious
3. Conscientuous people are always prepared. http://ipip.ori.org/newBigFive5broadKey.htm
4. Examples of conscientious behaviour Arrive early for meetings. Double-check writing for spelling. http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~johnlab/pdfs/2008chapter.pdf p. 120.
5. Conscientiuous people tend to be happier with themselves and do what they think is right according to the cultural context. http://hbr.org/2011/07/the-unselfish-gene/ar/4
6. People, who score high on conscientiousness tend to be self-disciplined. follow socially prescribed rules and norms. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/unique-everybody-else/201507/resolving-the-conscientiousness-paradox
7. Respondents from poor countries tend to describe themselves as more conscientious than those from wealthier countries. http://www.psy.ed.ac.uk/people/awei/courses/folder.2008-11-03.1677181083/hofstede%20mccrae%20cross%20cult%20res%202004.pdf, p. 74 and 80.
8. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/beautiful-minds/201108/is-conscientiousness-compatible-creativity Research shows that creative people are both conscientious and not conscientious at the same time. For example, creative people tend to take more risks and be more impulsive (low conscientiousness) but they also see themselves as competent and hard- working (high conscientiousness).
9. Development tips for people who are very conscientious Ask questions. http://sloanreview.mit.edu/the-magazine/2012-spring/53312/how-to-become-a-better-leader/
10. Part # 2 People who are not conscientious
11. People who are low in conscientiousness tend to be spontaneous and impulsive. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/unique-everybody-else/201507/resolving-the-conscientiousness-paradox
12. Development tips for people who are not conscientious Sleep on it before making a decision. Consult a ”devil’s advocate”. http://sloanreview.mit.edu/the-magazine/2012-spring/53312/how-to-become-a-better-leader/
13. In order to be more conscientious, we need to become more self-aware. How well do you know yourself? http://mashable.com/2015/04/16/more-conscientious-person/
14. Further inspiration http://www.slideshare.net/frankcalberg/questions-to-discover-your-values
Englisch-Deutsch-Übersetzung für conscientious im Online-Wörterbuch dict.cc (Deutschwörterbuch).
Conscientiousness is the personality trait of being thorough, careful, or vigilant. Conscientiousness implies a desire to do a task well. Conscientious ...
Conscientious definition, governed by conscience; controlled by or done according to one's inner sense of what is right; principled: She's a conscientious ...
con·sci·en·tious (kŏn′shē-ĕn′shəs) adj. 1. Guided by or in accordance with the dictates of conscience; principled: a conscientious decision to ...
He was a good friend to his comrades, a conscientious leader mindful of his men's needs; an upright family man with strong, bright, proud children …
She's a conscientious judge, who does not let personal prejudices influence her decisions.
A conscientious objector is an "individual who has claimed the right to refuse to perform military service" on the grounds of freedom of thought ...
If someone is conscientious, that person strives to do what's right and to carry out his duties. Conscientious people show care and put in a big effort.
Synonyms for conscientious at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. Dictionary and Word of the Day.
Das Sprachangebot für Englisch-Deutsch: Wörterbuch mit Übersetzungen, Flexionstabellen und Audio, interaktivem Forum und Trainer für flexibles Lernen.