Published on June 10, 2016
1. League of American Orchestras Conference Marketing Constituency, Groups 1 & 2 June 10, 2016 Connecting with Patrons in a Mobile-First Culture
2. The State of Mobile
3. US Adult Mobile Ownership • 92% of US adults own mobile phones (source: Pew Internet Project) • 79% of US mobile phone owners have smartphones (source: comScore) • 45% of US households own a tablet computer (source: Pew Internet Project)
4. US Adult Mobile Ownership
5. The expectation that we can access relevant content and services on our mobile devices in our immediate context and moments of need. - Forrester Research
6. Live performance takes place in a specific venue at a certain time. Mobile moments for a live performance are defined by their proximity to the performance in space and time.
7. • Longitudinal study with reports every 3 years • Looking at arts patrons’ self- reported mobile preferences • Over 1,000 responses from arts patrons in (San Jose, Austin, Nashville, Philadelphia, and Boston)
8. Culture Track 2014 Source: LaPlaca Cohen
9. CONTENT + CONTEXT RELEVANT
10. More email is opened on mobile than desktop and webmail combined Source: Litmus
11. Source: Capacity Interactive
12. Source: Capacity Interactive 90% had 1/5 of web traffic from mobile; 79% had 1/4 of web traffic from mobile
13. We’re growing increasingly addicted to using apps… Source: Flurry Analytics
14. And the percentage of time we spend using the mobile web is decreasing… Source: Flurry Analytics
15. Ok, but what apps are we using? Source: Flurry Analytics
16. Source: comScore
17. Email vs Texting vs Push Parameter Broadcast Email Text Message /SMS Push Notification Reach Probability Medium High High Avg. Amount of Time Until Read 6.5 hrs 15 min 15 min Sender’s Identity Clear Often unclear Clear Avg. Open Rate 23% (across all industries) 90% 90% Engagement Medium Medium High Cost Medium High Low Opt-out Rate 20-50% (depending on industry) 60% 40% Source: Publ.com
18. Push Notifications • Connect them to app content AND external web content • Segmentation options • Scheduled delivery • Geofence push notifications • Geo-targeted push notifications • Beacons – micro geofence push notes
19. David Dombrosky, Chief Marketing Officer T: (412) 418-4696 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
League of American Orchestras Conference Marketing Constituency, Groups 1 & 2 June 10, 2016 Connecting with Patrons in a Mobile-First Culture
... you will be responsible for connecting internal and external patrons with the information they seek. ... Strong cultural sensitivity and competency ...
... you will be responsible for connecting internal and external patrons with the information ... • Strong cultural sensitivity and ...
Patronage in ancient Rome ... "patron ") and his cliens ... Romulus is said to have introduced patronage in order to form a social link connecting the two ...
A message for Arts Patrons and Subscribers: ... THE CULTURAL CONNECTION is the result of several arts group meetings hosted by Creative Arts
Italian Renaissance Learning Resources ... Renaissance relationship between artist and patron to one ... of the new Renaissance culture of ...
ASC Connect with Culture Card. ... ENJOY connecting with culture along with friends and family. ... Patrons: Belk Inc. ...
Patron of art synonyms, Patron of ... it introduced Doha to the wider world and marked it as a serious patron of art and culture. ... patron; Patron of art ...
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with the ... Patrons often asked to be included in ... Does our culture consider cooks and carpenters to be as high ...