Published on March 15, 2014
* 4.10-4.35 What is ‘A Community Owned Renewable Energy Co-op’ and questions 4.35- 4.40 Examples of other urban energy coops 4.40 – 4.55 The step by step process of setting up an energy coop, funding/support 4.55 – 5.05 How can you be involved questions 5.05 – 5.25 Break up into small group for your input and feedback 5.25 – 5.30 Closing remarks 5.30 Refreshments and chatting
Investors Solar electricity Used by household/ community venue Exported to the national grid Feed in Tariff £ £
* Generation of clean electricity CO2 emissions reduction Saves money on bills Alleviation of fuel poverty Returns for investors Increased energy awareness Bringing the community together
* • Solar panels on many of the roofs of Loughborough Estate • Raised approx. £180,000 in investment • Investors received a 3% return on their investment (plus 50% tax relief) • Profits used to increase the energy efficiency of houses on the estate through draft busting work and education(people need to spend less to keep their homes warm) • Provided young people with skills and paid work experience opportunities • 60 tonnes of Greenhouse gas emissions avoided
* • Solar panels on the roofs of 3 community centres in Bristol • Raised approx. £127,000 in investment from 150 people • Investors received a 4% return on their investment • Profits used to increase the energy efficiency work with the community • 25 tonnes of Greenhouse gas emissions avoided inn the first year
* Form a management committee Register a coop Come to an understanding of what the focus of the coop should be Fundraising Identify possible roofs
* Feasibility Study Business Plan Community Share Issue Contracts with Roof Owners
* Tender for installers Training for local people? Installation Identify New Sites Pay investors dividends (and possibly arrange for use of profits for energy efficiency work)
* *Management Committee. Skills are great but not essential. Commitment, openness, teamwork and a substantial time commitment are (At least half a day a week) *Ad Hoc volunteer: Will need lots of help raising funds – running stalls encouraging folk to be investors, running events etc. *Mailing list: Will need lots of people to share information about the coop with their friends particularly when it comes to raising funds *Investor *All equally important and essential
* *Split up into small groups depending on where they live work. Groups * North Lewisham * South Lewisham * Greenwich * Southwark * Other South East London *Task 1; As a group discuss * ‘What excites you about the Energy Coop idea’ * ‘What are your concerns?’ Your answers used by the management committee to work out what the focus of the work of the coop should be *Task 2: What buildings in your area could benefit from solar panels (must be large south facing roofs) *Task 3: Think of a name for the coop
* Giovanna Speciale E: email@example.com M: 07769 703191
Green Energy London Co ... is a for-profit co-operative to develop community-owned renewable and alternative energy ... Green Energy London Co-op.
... (RNG) is now available to Co-op members served by ... Prices start at 9.59¢ per kWh for renewable energy. ... Copyright © 2016 The Energy Co-op .
Your Green Power Premiums Fund Local Solar Energy. ... of the co-op’s 200,000-watt community solar project ... Renewable Energy Programs. Green Power;
Google Green. Home; Efficiency; Renewable Energy; Products; ... We are the largest corporate purchaser of renewable energy on the planet Renewable Energy.
SSE’s continues to be the UK’s leading generator of electricity from renewable sources and ... for renewable energy ... Renewables Obligation (RO ...
The Renewable Energy ... and private housing and communities to access funding for renewable ... an introduction to renewable ...
Now we are championing community and renewable energy production. ... The Co-operative Party was founded in 1917 to represent and defend the co-op ...
Renewable pioneers. Green Power Conferences are dedicated to ... energy and sustainability markets. Green Power have put ... London, SE1 7SJ, UK ...
True North Canada’s post office could get a revolutionary green make ... power their bright lights with renewable energy. ... on London London ...