Published on December 3, 2016
1. COME & TALK TO ME Conversations Every Marriage Needs To Have Marriage Manna Bible Study August 17th 2016 Hosted By: Damon & Tamika Rich
2. SUMMARY Marriage is about communication, but how, why and what are the most important factors
3. SCRIPTURES Amos 3:3 “Can two walk together, except they be agreed?” Proverbs 24:3-4 “Through wisdom is a house built; and by understanding it is established: And by knowledge shall the chambers be ﬁlled with all precious and pleasant riches.”
4. COMMUNICATION DEFINITION The imparting or exchanging of information or news; The successful conveying or sharing of ideas and feelings; Means of connection between people or places, in particular
5. LOCATIONS OF COMMUNICATION To discuss communication, I want to link the diﬀerent topics of communication that we may discuss as a couple, to locations that represent the topic in some capacity. The Alter: Even after the fact this location is important. It is where we make our declaration in relation to each other and speaks to… Roles… Men…we have no strength because we keep running from under the weight Women…your shoulders and back hurt because you keep taking on weight you weren't meant to carry…long- term Roles is the discussion/communication and act of continuous learning about how we will support each other in the weak places…how we complement each other, not try to become like each other, while staying in sync. Commitment… Doing our part with integrity…or being one with what we said we would do
6. LOCATIONS OF COMMUNICATION…CONT’D The Living Room: Children; Family decision making process; Quality Time…what does this really mean?; Spiritual focus, teaching and gathering; How will we come together? The Kitchen: What are we taking in to keep our marriage healthy? The Bathroom: Do we have a proper outlet or drainage to get rid of what is no longer useful? The Bank: Saving…what are our goals?; Spending…what is our budget?; History…what is our relation/experience with money…before meeting each other? The Park: How and who do we spend time with outside the home?; The role of friends and other external inﬂuences. The School: Goals, Vision and Legacy…Where are we going and how will we get there?; What are we teaching our children and others by our example of marriage?
7. CONCLUSION There are many places to communicate, but we must make sure we are speaking a language that we each can understand and know that when we do not that it is ok to ask questions and be patient with learning how to talk to each other and listen to the heart of each other.