Published on January 5, 2009
Top Ten Global Warming Solutions
Carbon biological 1. capture Remove carbon from the atmosphere and store it in biomass or soil.
Carbon geological 2. capture Capture carbon and store it in underground geologic formations.
3. Bio products Produce products that reduce greenhouse gases by serving as substitutes for fossil fuels.
4. Methane Contain methane emissions landfill recovery, bio digesters, cattle & feed efficiency, coal mine methane recovery, and natural gas facilities.
Greenhouse gas 5. markets Buy or sell credits that represent reduction or offset of greenhouse gases.
Electric & heating 6. efficiency Use electric and heating efficiency strategies to reduce greenhouse gases and save money.
7. Vehicle efficiency Implement efficiency improvements in engines, transmissions, aero- dynamics, and tire drag in light-duty vehicles.
8. Wind & solar power A short-term solution - wind and solar produce virtually no greenhouse gases as a byproduct of power production.
Low or no-carbon 9. energy systems Develop hydrogen and electric as energy sources.
10. Cleaner diesel Retrofit with pollution controls… Refuel with cleaner fuels… Replace older vehicles… Reduce idling.
For more information www.epa.gov/climatechange www.treehugger.com www.theOEC.org
Help fight global warming No environmental challenge has more potential to alter our world. both. About the Fight Global Warming campaign.
The Warming World Is Capitalism Destroying Our Planet? World leaders decided in Copenhagen that global warming should be limited to 2 degrees Celsius.
Bruce E. - The Global Warming Combat Manual: Solutions for a Sustainable World jetzt kaufen. ISBN: 9780313352867, Fremdsprachige Bücher - Umweltwissenschaften
John J. Berger - Beating the Heat: Why and How We Must Combat Global Warming jetzt kaufen. ISBN: 9781893163058, Fremdsprachige Bücher - Umweltwissenschaften
Fighting Global Warming. To win the fight against climate change, it’s time for a renewable energy [r]evolution
Here are 10 things you can do every day to reduce your energy costs and your use of fossil fuels, which contribute to global warming.
Climate engineering, ... Threat of global warming sparks U.S. interest in geoengineering by Juliet Eilperin of the Washington Post October 3, 2010;
How to Take Action to Reduce Global Warming. Global warming has been an evolving debate for some time. It's the worldwide rise of global temperatures above ...
Mitigation policies can substantially reduce the risks associated with human-induced global warming. "Mitigation is ... in order to combat or ...
Home page linking to pages with tips for fighting climate change at home, at the office, on the road and at school.