Published on February 28, 2008
Colorado Springs Network Cabling Free Office Relocation Checklist Teamwork Network Cabling Expertise
Network Cabling Expertise
Office Relocation Checklist TemeculaCabling.com 800-203-9841 Just thinking about relocating your business can give goose bumps to many. Let's face it no one likes an unpleasant change. And if that change potentially means the disruption of your already hectic schedule, things can get really hot. This is where a little planning comes in: 1) Get Budget-wise. Moving without budget-planning is a sure sign of an inexperienced manager. A proper budget layout is the first step towards an intelligent relocation. Imagine a prior knowledge of the costs involved in office relocation! It can really smoothen the affairs that otherwise, looked formidable. 2) Make a Master Checklist. Prepare a master checklist that reflects all the major and minor aspects of relocation. Include all those items that are required for training or other activities that may be unique to your business. This checklist can be referenced at the end of your Mission Relocation! www.ColoradoSpringsCablingcom 800-203-9841
3) Layout of Cubicles. Decide upon the size, layout and location of cubicles, and offices. Have a pdf file of not only the layout of the cubicles but who is going to be sitting where. Your cubicle, phone system, movers and network administrator will thank you. 4) Furniture. Plan the location of furniture at the new office. 5) Choose the type of furniture that best suits your requirements. A prior decision on the furniture-type will ensure if networking of your systems is required before placing the furniture. For instance, modular furniture demands pre-networking of the systems. 6) Plan the location of equipment. I.E. PC, printer, fax, telephones etc. The jack locations for voice and data can be easily determined if you have performed the above tasks diligently. 7) Obtain the bids for voice and data/network cabling (wiring) for the new location. SCT Product Sales is a company in the Southern California area that can provide cabling for 2 to 2,000 cables. www.ColoradoSpringsCabling.com 800-203-9841
8) Spread Team Spirit. This may sound corny but it works! It helps the whole office buy into the idea of helping with the office relocation. Appoint one of the trusted members of your staff as the move coordinator who will be in-charge of the moving operations. Help him/her delegate the work to other staff members. This would not only help in materializing the moving plans but also develop a team spirit and a sense of belongingness amongst the staff. Separate teams may be formed for professional execution of work. For instance, desktop team may be responsible for moving and installing the PCs from old location to the new one. Similarly, a network team may perform the task of configuring the switches and routers. 9) Replacement, Upgrades and Maintenance. Electronic equipments, especially the paraphernalia relating to computers and telephone systems, gets outdated pretty fast. A quick check on these equipments is not a bad idea at the time of moving. Replace the worn out and economically unfeasible equipment, and upgrade and repair the equipment needing attention. It won't be a bad idea to sell the discarded computer and telephone systems to the dealers who can get you good quote. wwwColoradoSpringsCabling.com 800-203-9841
10) Get Security-wise. The security systems for the business security needs are vital for any organization. While moving to a new location, plan the installation and maintenance of security systems/access system and other surveillance equipment. 11) Clean Up. Moving is certainly an ideal time for a thorough vacuum cleaning of the old equipment. 12) Get Label-wise. Labeling is a wise idea to avoid complications. All the equipment can be labeled according to their destination like room number, office location etc. The cubicles, workstations and cabins must also be labeled with names and designation of their occupier. 13) Contact Phone and Internet Providers. If the new location is an under-construction site, plan the wiring schedule well in advance. Prior information to the wiring-installer about the location of servers and clients makes the job of relocation hassle-free. www.ColoradoSpringsCabling.com 800-203-9841
14) Server Room. Confirm the minimum requirements for the server room, including room dimensions, electrical requirements (30 amp dedicated circuit), floor coverings, HVAC with alarm. 15) Test all networks, phone drops, power outlets, back-up batteries etc. 16) Disconnect all the telephone and Internet lines at the old location. 17) Phone System. Ensure that you have contacted a phone system installer to either upgrade your current system of provide a different phone system. A list of installers through out the country can be found at www.simplyusedphones.com/phoneinstallers. . www.ColoradoSpringsCabling.com 800-203-9841
18) Get Communication-wise. Moving to a new location means a new address that must be communicated to all concerned. Prepare a list of all the contacts, including their contact details like address, phone number, emails, fax etc. Broadly, the list includes property management personnel, local telephone company, local computer support vendor, local telephone system vendor, telephone/data cable vendor, shipping representative, and the Webmaster. Store a printed copy in an easily accessible and safe location. 19) Deliveries. Always make sure that the local staff contact is on-site for deliveries or vendor access to the space prior to office opening. 20) Back it up. Ask the staff to make a backup of all the important data on the PCs. 21) Movers. Always a good idea to use a professional moving company. Maybe we can help with network data cabling or moving your data systems or phone systems. ColoradoSpringsCabling.com 800-203-9841 www.ColoradoSpringsCabling.com 800-203-9841
My Move’s guide to moving to Colorado is a free resource including checklists, deals & tips in Colorado. ... Colorado Springs, ... moving to Colorado, ...
Hoe to Prepare for Your Moving Day in Colorado Springs ... Relocation Resources; Moving Checklist; ... Moving Checklist For Home Buyers and Sellers.
The must have Moving Checklist. ... ¨ Notify post office, ... COLORADO SPRINGS COMMUNITY INFORMATION: ...
Colarado Springs Relocation Services. ... Colorado Springs; ... Home / Mortgage Info / Mortgage Basics / Application Checklist.
Colorado Open Records Act (CORA) News; ... Mayor's Office; Municipal Court. Judges & Jurors; ... Colorado Springs, CO ...
Organise private health and home insurance for when you arrive at your relocation destination. ... Relocation Checklist is a checklist from our database of ...
Providing free relocation information for Colorado and a connection between consumers and ... (pop. 276,393), Colorado Springs (pop. 360,890 ...
Money saving tips to consider after the office move; The Office Relocation Checklist highlights the ... The Office Relocation Checklist is the ...
... Colorado Springs; Old Colorado City; Peyton; Powers; ... Colorado Springs Relocation ; ... Office: Corporate. COMMUNITIES.