Published on June 13, 2019
1. Clark Anderson Executive Director, Community Builders COLORADO BRIEFS Cole E. Judge Senior Associate, P.U.M.A.
2. Clark Anderson Executive Director, Community Builders COLORADO BRIEFS
3. It’s getting harder to make good decisions
4. Building Civic Capacity Effective Leadership Community Engagement Community Awareness Partnerships & Collaboration Systems to Support Good Decisions
5. One Valley Prosperity Project
6. Cole E. Judge Senior Associate, Progressive Urban Management Associates (P.U.M.A.) COLORADO BRIEFS
7. Principles of Downtown Vitality Economy Inclusion Vibrancy Identity Resilience
8. The Value of Downtown DT land area: 3% Assessed Value of DT: $8B Citywide Employment: 28% Citywide Knowledge Jobs: 34% DT Population Growth: 27% (Avg City Res Pop Growth= 7%) Citywide Retail: 14% Citywide Hotel Rms: 35% Almost twice as walkable (88 vs 49) and bikeable (80 vs 53)
9. Urban Place Management
10. Equity: The New Sustainability Downtowns are back! But, who are they for?
11. Gen Z and Millennials Majority-Minority Women Mobility The New Localism Advances in Technology Automation Authentic Places Workspaces Resilience Planning (Social, Economic, Environmental) DOWNTOWN VITALITY GLOBAL TRENDS STRATEGIC PLACE MANAGEMENT Measure and Contextualize! Economy Inclusion Vibrancy Identity Resilience Genius in the middle – Bridging the gap between public & private Managing place, local leadership Economic Development, Planning, Policy, Public Space, Marketing, Events