Published on July 8, 2016
2. Why on Earth do people do CISSP? As a IT Training business manager, I get asked the following questions quite often; ● What the hell is CISSP? ● Why do people become CISSP certified? ● What is covered in the course? ● The exam is what the how long? ● And other variations…
3. What is CISSP? Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is an independent information security certification governed by the International Information System Security Certification Consortium, also known as (ISC)². As of March 1, 2016, there are 105,705 members holding the CISSP certification worldwide, in 160 countries. In June 2004, the CISSP obtained accreditation by ANSI ISO/IEC Standard 17024:2003 accreditation. It is also formally approved by the U.S. Department of Defense.The CISSP has been adopted as a baseline for the U.S. National Security Agency's ISSEP program. CISSP is a globally recognized certification in the field of IT security. SOURCE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certified_Information_Systems_Security_Professional
4. Why do people become CISSP certified? There are numerous reasons why IT Professionals get certified not only in CISSP. The most obvious one is credibility. You could even say that certification is proof of your credibility. CISSP allows you to prove to your current or future employer that you know the risks associated with Information Systems and the Security aspects that encompass it. By the way CISSP certification is valid for 3 years like most other industry certifications.
5. continued Another valid and to be noted reason to become CISSP is because of the salary increase you can expect. If you run a seek.com.au search right now for the keyword CISSP, you will not find a Job Description asking for CISSP certified individuals with a salary advertised less than $120,000. Mind you there are only 115 jobs currently advertised, but nobody said that there is lots of jobs. I just said there it’s high paying. That being said, I am sure you would be happy with just 1 job anyways. Besides you need all that extra time left over to spend all the money you are going to make right. SOURCE: http://www.seek.com.au/jobs/in- australia/#dateRange=999&workType=0&industry=&occupation=&graduateSearch=false&salaryFrom=0&salaryTo=999999&salaryType=annual&co mpanyID=&advertiserID=&advertiserGroup=&keywords=cissp&page=1&displaySuburb=&seoSuburb=&where=&whereId=&whereIsDirty=false&isArea Unspecified=false&location=&area=&nation=3000&sortMode=KeywordRelevance&searchFrom=quick&searchType
6. What is covered? From 2015, the CISSP curriculum is divided into eight domains; Security and Risk Management Asset Security Security Engineering Communications and Network Security Identity and Access Management Security Assessment and Testing
7. Examination Information Price: USD$599 Duration: 6 hours ( 360 minutes) Questions: 250 questions
8. SPECIAL REQUIREMENT YOU MUST BE VALIDATED BY A CURRENT CISSP CERTIFIED INDIVIDUAL TO QUALIFY TO SIT THE EXAM.
9. Important Links Exam Outline can be downloaded here; https://www.isc2.org/exam- outline/default.aspx https://wsr.pearsonvue.com/testtaker/registration/ExamPoliciesPage/ISC2?conv ersationId=2914183 Please remember to read and adhere to the NDA; http://www.pearsonvue.com/isc2/isc2_nda.pdf You should read the Exam Agreement also; https://www.isc2.org/uploadedFiles/Education/CBT%20Examination%20Agreeme nt.pdf
10. IT Futures CISSP Training For your information, IT Futures is running CISSP on the weeknights starting 11th July at 6pm. https://itfutures.arlo.co/courses/4-cissp
CISSP Training; CISSP Domains; Concentrations; Systems Security. About the SSCP; Why Certify? ... CISSP ® - Certified Information Systems Security ...
Security professionals consider the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) to be the most desired certification to achieve.
Certified Information Systems Security ... security certification/training/course governed by ... Systems Security Professional (CISSP) ...
CISSP Course Overview. Led by an ... or more of the 8 domains of the CISSP CBK and are pursuing CISSP training and certification to ... information ...
Information Security Training; IT Auditing; ITIL; ... CISSP Certification Courses. ... IT & Information Security Courses.
Get More Info View Class Schedule CISSP Training & Certification Certified Information Systems Security Professional Course & Boot Camp Get Trained By The ...
Course Length: 5 days. Course Description: Welcome to Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)®: Second Edition. With your completion ...
The Knowledge Academy CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional Weekend 5 day course covers the following topics: Introduction
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) ... Course Description. CISSP CBK ... National Training Standard for Information Systems ...
... Prepare for you CISSP exam with one of our CISSP training courses nationwide. Book your CISSP certification today! ... View our full course catalogue?