Published on September 9, 2015
1. Chapter 1 Study Guide VOCABULARY CARDS: Anatomy superior Physiology posterior Atom medial Molecule lateral Cell proximal Tissue distal Organ superficial System deep Organism oblique Homeostasis sagittal Feedback system (loop) parasagittal Frontal or coronal Transverse NEED TO KNOW: Be able to define what anatomy and physiology is. Describe the basic organization of the human body. Explain how systems relate to each other. Be able to list the levels or organization in order from smallest to largest. Know the basic structures and functions of each system. Define the 6 important life processes in humans. Compare/contrast negative and positive feedback systems or loops. Know the directional terms for the body. Be able to describe the body in terms on planes. Labs/Projects: Vitruvian Man Experiment Analyzing Health Careers Research Project
2. Intro to Anatomy and Physiology Organization of the Human Body Chapter 1 http://www.slideshare.net/hohlert/chapter-1-notes-intro-to-anatomy-and-physiology What is anatomy and physiology? Anatomy is the science of ____________________________and the ____________________________________________. Physiology is the science of ___________________________________________________________. Because function can never be _____________________________ from structure, these are both studied together. Each structure of the body is designed for a ___________________________________. Levels of Organization and Body Systems The structures of the human body are organized on several levels. Smallest to largest:
3. _________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________ _____ Chemical Includes _________________________________________ Certain atoms are essential for maintaining life. _________________________________________________________________ ____ are the main ones. ____________________________ is responsible for all the genetic material in our bodies. Cellular Cells are the _____________________________of structure and function of an organism. Each cell contains _______________________________ which perform specific functions. Tissues Tissues are groups of _______________________________________ that get together to perform a specific function. There are_____ basic types of tissues.
4. _________________________________________________________________ _____ Organ Organs usually have a ___________________________________, are composed or two or more __________________________________, and have a specific function. Organ system A system consists of _______________________________ that have a common ___________________________. The organs work together. Organism All ________________________ in the body join together to create the organism. What processes do all living organisms have in common?
5. Life Process All living organisms 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.
6. Homeostasis Maintaining a _____________________ environment __________________________ constantly adjusted at all levels Interaction of systems Feedback Systems Negative-
8. Directional Terms Proximal- Distal- Superior- Inferior- Medial- Lateral-
Note Taking Study Guide PRINCIPLES OF JUDAISM CHAPTER 1 ... Note Taking Study Guide • • • • of • • • • • • ...
Geometry – Ch 1 Notes Page 1 Geometry – Note‐taking Guide – Chapter 1 A ...
SECTION 1 I. What was the Renaissance? A. A changing worldview 1. ... Note Taking Study Guide REFORMATION IDEAS SPREAD CHAPTER 13 SECTION 4 Name Class Date
Cisco WebEx Meetings Server User Guide Revision 1.5. ... Chapter: Managing and Taking Notes . ... About Taking Notes.
© 2008 Secondary Solutions 20 The Giver Literature Guide Active Reading Guide: Note-Taking and ... you will be keeping notes ... in the chapter.) 1. 2. 3 ...
Quick Study Guide Have students use ... Reading and Note Taking Study Guide ... Chapter Assessment 1. It is a desire for domestic control of the
Note Taking Study Guide THE BYZANTINE EMPIRE CHAPTER 9 SECTION 1 Name Class Date The Byz a nt i ... 1. lasting for a long time 2. lasting for a short time ...
Book Title. Cisco WebEx Meetings Server User Guide Release 1.5 . Chapter Title. Managing and Taking Notes. PDF - Complete Book (3.18 MB) ...