Published on June 10, 2016
1. Change Management in multinational organisations
2. Speaker´s bio Rafael Marín is a communication, marketing and change management professional with over 10 years’ experience in the multinational B2B and B2C sectors in Europe and Latin America. He is currently marketing and communication officer with KIC InnoEnergy in Barcelona, Spain. His background includes positions such as product information manager with Schneider Electric, and assistant brand manager, change management and communication leader with Colgate-Palmolive. Follow him on Twitter:@Rafemago
3. Index • What is (and is not) change management • Change management models & tools • Main drivers • Main roles • Eight key considerations
4. What is (and is not) change management Project Management Change Management Focus Technical aspects of change (installation). Human side of change (implementation). Tools Balanced scorecard, Work Breakdown Structure, others. ADKAR, Skill Gap Analysis, RACI matrix. Drivers Timelines, milestones. Sponsorship, communication, training, recognition. Roles Project manager, IT support. CM leader, opinion leaders, leadership team.
5. What is (and is not) change management • External sources of change – Market upheaval – New technologies – Adquisitions – More aggresive competition • Internal sources of change – Spin-offs – Mergers & adquisitions – Layoffs – Cost reduction – New set of values – Reengineering processes
6. What is (and is not) change management Change management Current state Desired state Organizational change
7. What is (and is not) change management Change management deals with PEOPLE
8. Index • What is (and is not) change management • Change management models & tools • Main drivers • Main roles • Eight key considerations
9. Change management tools • ADKAR model • Kotter’s 8-step process for leading change
10. Change management tools • ADKAR model Awareness Desire Knowledge Ability Reinforcement
11. Change management tools • Communication plan Objectives Target audiences Key messages Channels and tactics
12. Change management tools • Skill Gap Analysis ASTD Skill Gap Analysis model
13. Change management tools
14. Change management tools • RACI matrix
15. Change management tools
16. Index • What is (and is not) change management • Change management models & tools • Main drivers • Main roles • Eight key considerations
17. Main drivers Recognition CoachingTraining Communication Resistance management Vision Sponsorship
18. Index • What is (and is not) change management • Change management models & tools • Main drivers • Main roles • Eight key considerations
19. Main roles • Direct contact with employees – Sponsors – Supervisors – Opinion leaders / change agents
20. Main roles • Facilitators – Change Management Lead – Implementation Team – Support Team
21. Index • What is (and is not) change management • Change management models & tools • Main drivers • Main roles • Eight key considerations
22. Eight key considerations 1. Top leaders are the first to be convinced
23. Eight key considerations 2. Define and spread a change vision
24. Eight key considerations 3. Set your key metrics from the beginning – Pre and post evaluation – Individual assessment (e.g. engagement rate)
25. Eight key considerations 4. WIIFM
26. Eight key considerations 5. Recruit opinion leaders across all departments
27. Eight key considerations 6. Involvement equals commitment
28. Eight key considerations 7. Communicate, communicate, communicate
29. Eight key considerations 8. In the end, all changes produced must be absorbed by the corporate culture
30. Further information • Building the communication house https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/building- communication-house-rafael-marin?trk=prof- post • Change Management: what is in it for you? https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/change- management-what-you-rafael-marin?trk=prof- post
31. Thank you!
The research conference on “Management of Change in Multinational Companies: Global ... social sciences and organization theory (Geppert), ...
... management of change simulation involving trainee managers in a global oil company who were tasked with preparing a proposal for senior management ...
We apply an extended sensemaking framework to a concrete case of change in a Multinational ... Process studies of change in organization and management ...
Introduction This study is focused on the topic management of change in organization. ... change management process in organization. ... multinational ...
The International Journal of Management and Business, Vol. 5 Issue 2, November 2014 . The Challenge of Change for Multinational Organizations . A Case Study
In his session Rafael Marín will address the topic of “change management in multinational organisations”. ... change management and communication ...
Foundations for Managing Change in Organizations. ... to appreciate the diversity of ways that people can approach the management of change in organizations.
The person selected for multinational leadership ... The leader must focus on the required change in the organization ... Leadership, and Organizations ...
strategic knowledge management in multinational organizations is available in our digital library an