Published on June 13, 2016
1. STORYBOARDS by Chadi Boudar TAP / FOR LINKS; FOR MENU
2. Philips wanted to reacquaint millennial women with the brand that they claim is better known to their elders. They also wanted to build brand loyalty for their domestic appliances and personal care range. In addition to the in-store and Facebook activations, two TVCs were created. For the domestic appliances line, Philips wanted to highlight the hassle-free and time-saving qualities of a kitchen product. For the personal care line, an innovative, one-of-a-kind Philips hair product was to be promoted.
3. A woman fakes her pregnancy and pretends to be in labour to get home faster to prepare soup for her ill son. Philips Soup Maker is the time-saving solution.
4. • A very pregnant woman holds her back and noddingly coaxes passengers in a crowded office elevator to make room for her. • In a supermarket, she walks with a cart full of groceries to the express check out lane. • She weasles her way the same way she did at the elevator and utters: مرييس ،مرييس .معليش ،معليش • She weasels her way in uttering : مرييس ،مرييس .معليش ،معليش • A couple of men squeeze their way out of the elevator to make room for her. • At the supermarket parking lot, the attendant is in the process of checking out the first car when the woman holds a siren atop her car, looks out the window and screams: ولددددددَب أنا ،ولدَب ّعيل باين • The cars pull out in a synchronized pattern to make room for her. • The parking attendant lifts the bar and she speeds right through. Shot No: 1 Title: Kinda Pregnant Page: 1/2 Shot No: 2 Shot No: 3 Shot No: 4
5. • Finally home, she shuts the door behind her with her high heel shoe. • She takes the velcro baby bump off and sighs in relief. Inteluding message VO: Philips introduces the hassle free, time-efficient soup maker. It can make smooth soup, chunky soup, compote and smoothies so you never have to rush back home to prepare dinner. • She rushes in to see her feverish son who lies in bed with with a teddy in his hand. • She gets on her knees, checks his fever and kisses his forehead. • He opens his eyes and smiles as she strokes his hair. • No longer sporting a baby bump, she arrives at the office elevator. • The door opening reveals the men clearing the path like they did for her before. • The elevator is crammed with pregnant women. Shot No: 5 Title: Kinda Pregnant Page: 2/2 Shot No: 6 Shot No: 7 Shot No: 8
6. A young lady grounded in her room lets her boyfriend climb her frizzy hair to visit. He gets her a Philips Keratin Hair Straightener and ends up gliding down her smooth hair to her dad’s growling dog.
7. • Amir goes to visit his girlfriend -Abir- whose father has grounded in her room like a modern-day Rapunzel. • Her father’s bulldog growls at Amir. • Amir fearfully Whatsapps Abir: الغزير الشعر ّيلزن ،عبري يا حتت أنا • Abir’s frizzy, split-end hair drops from the window for him to climb. • Amir returns the next day and calls for Abir to drop her hair down. • He smuggles a box of Philips Keratin Hair Straightener in her hair. • Hair keeps getting in his eyes. • As he approaches the window, she squints and grasps her hair to resist his pulling down at it and mutters: حاسب أي أي • Behind her, there’s an exaggeratedly large lock placed on the door. • He says: ةشوي عين تلهيه دا أبويك بتاع لللكب عروسة جتييب يا فشعرك رصفة تشوفيلك يا مانيت • Next day, Amir shows up with goggles to keep the hair from getting into his eyes. • He Whatsapps her to drop her hair down. • She replies with: بييب يا ف ّاترص .شعري بعمل • He looks around to find a man in a sky lift changing a street bulb. Shot No: 1 Shot No: 2 Shot No: 3 Shot No: 4 Title: Tangled No More Page: 1/2
8. He mounts the sky lift to reach Abir’s window. Interluding VO message: Philips introduces the keratin hair straightener with ionic technology and keratin coating to give you beautiful, smooth-gliding and shiny hair with absolute salon-care from the comfort of your own home. As he approaches her window, he finds her sitting in front of the vanity mirror doing her hair with the Philips keratin straightener. • Next day Amir wears gardening gloves and climbs Abir’s now-silky smooth hair but keeps gliding down despite the gloves’ grip. • The bulldog stands beneath him barking and growling. Shot No: 5 Shot No: 6 Shot No: 7 Shot No: 8 Title: Tangled No More Page: 2/2
9. ‘Smartphone Dumb User‘ is a CSR initiative that promotes safe driving by raising awareness about the perils of texting and using the phone imprudently behind the wheel.
10. A mother beats deadly cancer only to be killed by not paying attention to the road while she texts and drives.
11. Page: 1/4Title: Cancer Survivor (The Mother) Mother dressed as a clown blows son’s birthday candles then leaves the party and goes to her room. Closeup of her sitting in front of the vanity mirror wiping makeup off. She then takes off the clown wig to reveal a bald head. In the Bedroom vanity mirror, the bathroom door appears closed and she›s heard throwing up and flushing toilet. As she hears her son approaching, she hurriedly puts on a wig that rests on a wig stand head in front of her. Her son runs in and she opens her arms to hold him.
12. Page: 2/4Title: Cancer Survivor (The Mother) SloMo as her VO is heard: I have to beat this thing. I won›t miss another moment of my baby growing up. (Fade to white) She fastens her kid›s seat belt in the back seat of the car and attaches the clown nose on his nose. (A year from the birthday. Bright overtone, without the blue grading). Looking totally healthy, she walks out of bakery with a birthday cake and balloons in one hand, holding her boy in the other. She adjusts the rear view mirror and smiles at her son who smiles back.
13. Title: Cancer Survivor (The Mother) Page: 3/4 She lifts phone and looks into it not noticing a car driving through at the intersection. Different angle shows her head on the steering wheel, tilted toward the window. Her eyes wide open. She is dead. Ambulance sounds are heard over the same scene and her son appears crying in the rear view mirror. Zoom out to show a crowd, police and paramedics. (Rewind to moment she receives the text)
14. Page: 4/4Title: Cancer Survivor (The Mother) She pulls over on the side of the road and replies. She puts the phone down and looks at her son in the mirror. He smiles at her. The driver passes through the intersection but she is still parked on the side of the road. Aerial view shows her driving away safely.
15. A celebrated doctor who saves lives ends up taking lives as he texts and drives.
16. Title: Life Saver (The Doctor) Page: 1/4 In an outdoor graduation ceremony, a father watches his daughter’s high school graduation from the audience seats. SloMo as he hugs his daughter and VO: She says she wants to save lives just like her daddy. I am the proudest man in the world. (Fade to white) Students on stage toss hats in the air. Father is checking the vitals of a young male heart patient recover- ing in hospital bed. He looks at him and winks with a smile. Parents appear happy looking at the doctor.
17. Page: 2/4Title: Life Saver (The Doctor) He walks down the ward and is greeted by a female doctor from one side and male nurse passing him by on the other. In his car, he receives a text message and picks up the phone and texts back. He looks at the road and at his phone on and off. He walks down the ward and is greeted by a female doctor from one side and male nurse passing him by on the other. He suddenly appears shocked and drops the phone. He tries to turn the wheel all the way to the right to seemingly avert something in front of him. (A crash sound is heard)
18. Page: 3/4Title: Life Saver (The Doctor) From the outside and high angle, the doctor is seen outside his car calling for help as the car to his right has rolled over and the one behind it has crashed into a lamppost (from trying to avert the latter). He is seen trying to pull out a girl the age of his daughter from underneath the rolled over car. Front view of him panicking calling for help on his phone. The girl appears eyes open, bloody-faced and dead. (Rewind to moment he receives the text)
19. Page: 4/4Title: Life Saver (The Doctor) In his car, he receives a text message. Phone is behind the gear. (As Siri reads message, her voice fades from the outside of the car window). He drives past the woman driver. In a nudge to his daughter, when he still hasn’t passed her by, she appears in the likeness of his daughter. He says ”hey Siri, read message out loud.” As he passes her by and her face is revealed, she appears to resem- ble her true self.
20. Roche, a world-provider of cancer care products and diagnostic tests wanted to educate Egyptian women that early detection of breast cancer could cure and prevent the disease. In addition, Roche wanted to inform the public of the availability of mammography vans to all women, particularly those who lack the proper means.
21. Three scenarios show how different the life of a woman with breast cancer could turn out with early and late-stage detection of the disease.
22. Title: خرية فهيا و تأخرية لك مش Page: 1/7 • Front view of a woman sitting behind her desk in a cubicle, hurriedly tying a scarf around her neck, preparing to leave work. • Back shot of her putting her shoes on. • A large birthday card signed by her colleagues sits on her desk. • View from the inside of the woman’s closet, the door slides open. • She ponders different dresses then pulls one out and leans it against her body. • From a low-angle, she glides her hand modestly across both breasts and smiles with graditude. • Now inside the elevator, she eagerly anticipates leaving. • She looks up at the floor numbers as the door closes. • End of main scene. • In an outdoor scene, a mammography van appears in view. • Women of lesser means stand in a very short line to get tested. • A school bus stops and her son comes off and runs toward the house with a tiara in one hand and birthday card in another.
23. Title: خرية فهيا و تأخرية لك مش Page: 2/7 • In an outdoor scene, a mammography van appears in view. • Women of lesser means stand in a very short line to get tested. • She sits in front of her vanity mirror and wears an earring. • Photos of her and her family are mounted on the mirror. • She checks herself out in the mirror and looks happy. • A school bus stops and her son comes off and runs toward the house with a tiara in one hand and birthday card in another. • She blows out her birthday candles. • Zoom out as she straightens up. • To her right appear her husband and 5-year old son in front of him. • To her left are her mother taking a shot on her cell phone, and sister applauding.
24. Title: خرية فهيا و تأخرية لك مش Page: 3/7 • Her husband carries her son who places a tiara on her head. • She adjusts the tiara then kisses and hugs them both. • Applause is heard as scene closes. At the end of the TVC, the above tagline appears with the following VO message: Ask your doctor about localized therapy treatment or call 19210. • She blows out her birthday candles. • Zoom out as she straightens up. • To her right appear her husband and 5-year old son in front of him. • To her left are her mother taking a shot on her cell phone, and sister applauding. • Pan across the wall partition that reveals a clock ticking and birthday cake on the round kitchen table. • From a side view, she puts on an apron. • Close-ups of her hands chopping up onions.
25. Title: خرية فهيا و تأخرية لك مش Page: 4/7 • Pan across the wall partition that reveals a clock ticking and birthday cake on the round kitchen table. • From a side view, she puts on an apron. • From the window behind her a mammography van appears in view. • Women of lesser means stand in a very short line to get tested. • Close-ups of her hands chopping up onions. • A school bus stops and her son comes off and runs toward the house with a tiara in one hand and birthday card in another.
26. Title: خرية فهيا و تأخرية لك مش Page: 5/7 • Back in the kitchen, she appears chopping in the background with the tap blurred in the foreground. • Focus shifts to the tap and blurs her in the background. • A drop of water slowly falls from the tap. Sound of clock ticking gets louder as the scene ends. • Close-up of her lifting her arm up and wiping (onion) tears. • Zoom out to reveal a view of her upper torso. • She appears to have one breast removed. At the end of the TVC, the above tagline appears with the following VO message: Ask your doctor about localized therapy treatment or call 19210.
27. Title: خرية فهيا و تأخرية لك مش Page: 6/7 • View from the inside of the woman’s closet, the door slides open. • She ponders different dresses and then pulls one out. (Breasts never appear). • A close-up reveals melancholic expressions and slow movement. • Her son runs in with his fallen tooth. • She turns her head away to wipe her tears. • She lifts him onto her lap (he conceals her breast from view) and shows her his fallen tooth. • She embraces him in and takes his tooth from him. • Teary eyed, she wears mascara in front of the vanity mirror where her family photos are mounted. (Her son’s tiara and card sit on the vanity). • She stops and glances at a family photo. • From the back, she stands behind her son and lifts his arm. • Together they throw his tooth into the sunset. • Front reveals that she’s had a double mastectomy.
28. Title: خرية فهيا و تأخرية لك مش Page: 7/7 • Side view shows her gazing at the horizon. • Appearing more as a silhouette from the back, she adjusts her shawl and puts her hands on her son’s shoulder. • Sounds of heart monitor slows and then flatten as the scene fades to black. At the end of the TVC, the above tagline appears with the following VO message: Ask your doctor about localized therapy treatment or call 19210.