Published on June 10, 2016
1. Cool Tools To Strengthen Your Resume Tanya White-Earnest | www.trident4careers.com | email@example.com 714.816.0366 x1943
2. AGENDA JUNE 8TH, 2016 ▪ JobScan ▪ Live Career ▪ Jobipedia ▪ Profile Grader ▪ RallyPoint Cool Tools 6 - Resume
3. Please note: Neither the Center for Career Planning and Workforce Strategies, nor Trident University International offers any endorsement of any site presented in today’s webinar. We are simply sharing sites that we consider “cool tools” to assist you in your job search and/or career development. NO ENDORSEMENTS
4. How do you target your resume to a job you apply to? Create a whole new resume Tweak the objective statement for each job Try to incorporate key words from the job posting Use basically the same resume for every job I apply for.
5. Will Your Resume Pass the ATS JOBSCAN.CO Get Past Resume Robots • Ninety percent of large companies use Applicant Tracking Systems to search for qualified candidates from large applicant pools. • These systems help employers by analyzing resumes and CVs, surfacing candidates that best match the position and filtering out those who don't. • We have researched the top systems used by thousands of companies, and built our algorithm based on the common patterns among them.
6. Where do you get feedback for your resume? Significant Other A Friend An Instructor/Professor The Career Center
7. How Good Is Your Resume LIVE CAREER Resume-Check™ identifies 20 common resume problems in these categories. Your resume is often your first and only chance to make a great impression on an employer. Managers will scan your resume for just 10 seconds to see if you're right for the job. Writing analysis Organization Grammar Sections Verbs Resume length Font Spelling
8. Where Can You Get Company Information JOBIPEDIA • No cost to use and entirely risk-free! Submit your questions about your resume, interviewing, your job search or starting your first career and jobipedia.org's hiring experts, representing America's largest employers will provide you with answers and insights. • Browse through the database that contains hundreds of questions and answers related to finding a job and succeeding in your career. Discover useful resources and advice to help you land and succeed in that job!
9. Have you ever used a service to review your LinkedIn Profile?? Yes No
10. How Strong is Your LI Profile PROFILER GRADER “According to some studies, over 92% of recruiters use LinkedIn to find new talent. LinkedIn has over 280 Million users. The companies you want to work for are just waiting for you to have the right message. If you’ve heard all the hype about LinkedIn but are thinking, “How come I’m not seeing these results with my own career?” Chances are your profile simply doesn’t have the right message.” https://profilegrade.com/
11. Tanya White-Earnest
12. Tanya White-Earnest
13. Tanya White-Earnest
14. Daniel Sloan
15. Daniel Sloan
16. Connections for the Military RALLYPOINT • Access to nation’s largest military community • Connect with colleagues, seek advice from senior leaders, discover opportunities, and prepare for future transitions within the #1 network exclusively for military service members and veterans • Engage in military discussion • Stay connected with friends from your old unit • Find people, units, military assignments, and civilian careers
18. UPCOMING WEBINARS Don’t forget to mark your calendar for other upcoming Center for Career and Workforce Strategies events including: • June 15, 2016 – Getting Past Applicant Tracking Systems– James Hu, CEO Job Scan • June 22, 2016 – Developing Your Professional Presence – CPWS • July 13, 2016 – Dynamic Job Interviewing for Success – Dr. Bruce Gillies, author of Career Search in the 21st Century
19. CONNECT WITH CPWS • Call us at: 714-816-0366 extension: 1943 • Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
20. THANK YOU! We appreciate you joining us today for: Cool Tools #6: Tools to Strengthen Your Resume We hope you enjoyed and learned something new from the session Watch for the email containing the link to the recording and the Slideshare for today’s webinar Please be sure to leave your comments and suggestions as you log out See you next time!
21. ▪ Career Planning ▪ Job Search ▪ Self-Assessment ▪ Career Transition/Advancement Assistance ▪ Resume Review/Critique and Preparation ▪ Mentoring and Networking Opportunities Experience the Trident University CPWS Advantage
22. Thank You For Attending