Published on March 17, 2016
1. www.caveon.com 1 Caveon Webinar Series Creating Your Test Security Game Plan March 9, 2016
2. Today’s Presenters www.caveon.com 2 Dr. John Fremer Dr. Jamie Mulkey
3. Agenda for Today www.caveon.com 3 • Current Best Practices in Test Security • Key Roles Your Organization Should Identify • Security Incident Response Planning • Resources • Seal of Excellence • Summary • Q&A
4. www.caveon.com 4 Current Best Practices in Test Security (1 of 5) •Security Plan/Handbook o Written, living document o Discusses how you will address test security o Available to stakeholders o You may have some elements already in place
5. www.caveon.com 5 Current Best Practices in Test Security (2 of 5) •Secure test development processes o Secure design strategies o The environment for developing items o Who you use as SMEs to write and review items o Secure item management processes
6. www.caveon.com 6 Current Best Practices in Test Security (3 of 5) •Secure test administration processes o Candidate ID processes o Sufficient proctoring policies o Proctors are trained/certified o Monitoring before, during, and after testing
7. www.caveon.com 7 Current Best Practices in Test Security (4 of 5) •Security Director in place o An individual responsible for test security o Resource and conduit for test security activities o Consider CESP certification
8. www.caveon.com 8 Current Best Practices in Test Security (5 of 5) Security Incident Response Plan •Dictates what to do when a testing irregularity occurs •Creates a consistent methodology for treating infractions and breaches •Establishes protocols for penalties imposed when incidents occur
9. www.caveon.com 9 Key Roles Your Organization Should Identify (1 of 2) • Management – Individual with the responsibility for test security • Budgeting – Budgeting and funding for test security activities • Analysis – Statistical analysis to detect irregularities
10. www.caveon.com 10 Key Roles Your Organization Should Identify (2 of 2) • Internet – Monitoring of the Internet for proffered test content • Training– Staff training and awareness • Investigations– First line investigation processes
11. Security Incident Response Planning www.caveon.com 11 Key Components of an SIRP •Agreements in place •Policies in place •Practices in place for analysis and monitoring •Incident response matrix •Investigative strategies •Communications plan
12. Resources www.caveon.com 12 • Handbook of Test Security • TILSA Guidebooks • NCTA standards • ITC standards • Caveon Webinar Series • NCME Whitepapers • Operational Best Practices
13. Caveon Seal of Excellence (CSE) (1 of 2) www.caveon.com 13 • What is the Seal? • Why has the seal been established? • How Organizations earn the Seal • How the CSE benefits a testing organization
14. Seal of Excellence (2 of 2) www.caveon.com 14 • How do I know my organization is eligible for the seal? • How long does my organization get to keep the seal? • What do I need to do to maintain my use of the CSE?
15. Key Points Summarized • Many organizations have some test security elements in place • Check your test security strengths and weaknesses • Identify key test security roles in your organization • Strategies for incident response planning • Consider obtaining a Caveon Seal of Excellence to promote and drive home the importance of test security www.caveon.com 15
16. Thank You! www.caveon.com 16 Follow Caveon on twitter @caveon Check out our blog www.caveon.com/blog LinkedIn Group “Caveon Test Security” Dr. John Fremer John.firstname.lastname@example.org Dr. Jamie Mulkey Jamie.email@example.com
Creating your Test Security Game Plan Wednesday, March 9, ... Previous Webinars January 2016 ... March 19 – Caveon Webinar Series presented:
Caveon Test Security, ... Creating Your Test Security Game Plan ... Caveon Webinar Series: Creating Your Test Security Game Plan, ...
Caveon Webinar Series - March. ... and started attend the monthly webinars presented by Caveon Test Security. ... Creating Your Test Security Game Plan.
Learn about working at Caveon Test Security. Join LinkedIn today for free. See who you know at Caveon Test Security, leverage your professional network ...
In the upcoming webinar, Caveon’s test security experts ... A Game Plan for Managing Test Security ... March 10, 2015. Caveon Is Taking Test Security ...
Test.com is a software solution for you to easily create, administer and manage training courses and certification tests, ... © 2016 Test.com, Inc. ...
Join us for our FREE Webinar March 9, 2016, 12pm ET - Creating Your Test ... People Like You' Series ... Creating Your Test Security Game Plan - March ...
Webinar participants will be challenged to develop an implementation plan to ... This webinar took place on March 3, 2016 @ 12 ... webinar you’ll ...
Game changers: Nurses are forging ... Nominate your peers for Nurse.com’s Nursing Excellence Awards program, ... Focused CE series; CE webinars;