Published on March 4, 2014
Development Worshop Angola – CLIFF Housing Program
• Progress against business plan • • • • Project results x Expectations Programme Analysis Context Analysis Organizational Analysis • Approach to financial sustainability • Business plan 2014-15 • Key outputs • Project Strategies / Approaches • Organizational Development Progress, Challenges and Perspectives
• Houses: 97 to be concluded by the end of March (240 planned) • Water and sanitation: two borehole concluded (two more to be conclude before March) • Land secured: 130 ha. • Credit: No credit provided. Credit for 30 houses expected for before March) Progress against Business Plan Results x Expectations
• Legal dispute around land ownership delayed work in 1st year and affected second year (problem solved) • Construction speed and quality (field supervision not strong enought) • Clear need to strengthen the team at in field supervision and in cost control (analytical accountancy) Progress against Business Plan Program Analisys
• State important actor in provision of housing but doing little or inadeaquate action for the lower end of the market • Private sector also oriented to government projects or high-cost housing • Informal sector very active in construction but with low quality • Weak institutions make legal disputes and regularizations processes slow Progress against Business Plan Context Analisys
• Pool of organizations (DW, KixiCrédito, HabiTec) • Public recognition. Contributed to the extra courts agreement. • Existing in house capacity and projects in complementary areas • Team still to be developed/strengthened in technical areas • Systems need further development (supervision and analytical accountancy needs to be developed) • Still at modest scale to get good efficiency and low costs. Progress against Business Plan Organizational Analisys
Year 1 Year 2 Year 3 Current Assets 1.9 M 1.7M 1.7 M Fixed Assets 7.8 M 8.2 M Total Assets 9.7 M 9.9 M Short Term Loan 356T 480 T CLIFF-HI Loan 1.2 M 782 T Line of Credit/ Com Loan 751 T 1.0 M • Cross 391 T subsidies (e.g. 1.0 M Panguila) Equity 7.4 M 7.6 M 8.2 M Liabilities& Equity 9.7 M 9.9 M 10.2 M • Social entreprises 10.2 M 8.6 M Liabilities 649 T Approach to Financial Sustainability
Revenue Year 1 Year 2 Year 3 Core Houses 3.6 M 4.8 M Cost of Houses (2.8 M) (3.7 M) (5.0M) Plots 210 T 283 T 383 T Gross Margin 1M 1.4 M 1.9 M Admin & Operating Expense 794 T 759 T 782 T Income Before Other Exp. 256 T 658 T 1.1 M Other Expenses 347 T 465 T 536 T Income(Loss) Before Taxes (91 T) 193 T 595 T 6.5 M • Social entreprises • Cross subsidies (e.g. Panguila) • Diversify sources of funding Approach to Financial Sustainability
• Conclude the 240 houses from the previous contracts (by mid 2014) • Increase (modestly) scale • Prepare construction in Luanda (Panguila) area • Strengthen supervision and monitoring systems • Consolidate land tenure security (separate commercial project with part that we had conflith with in the past) Business Plan 2014-2015 Key Outputs
• Continue integration with complementary projects (Urban Land Management, Water and Sanitation Project); • Consolidate action in tandem with KixiCrédito and HabiTec; • Use experience in community managament of basic services to strengthen community of dwellers Business Plan 2014-2015 Project Strategies
• Consolidate HabiTerra as a company providing social houses and land managment services • Capacity development on specific areas (accountancy for construction, contract management, etc) • Develop public profile of HabiTerra in the housing sector • With KixiCrédito develop/consolidate marketing for housing / land credit products • Team development: hire more qualified staff, more training to existing team and constructors Business Plan 2014-2015 Organizational Development
VITOGAZ vous présente: CFBP baromètre gpl carburant
Ata Escrita da 16ª Sessão Ordinária realizada em 16/10/2014 pela Câmara de Vereado...
Ata Escrita da 10ª Sessão Extraordinária realizada em 16/10/2014 pela Câmara de Ve...
Rx1 zayiflama hapi, kullanimi nasildir, yan etkileri var mi? yan etkiler var ise h...
Esposto del MoVimento 5 Stelle sul Patto del Nazareno
Presentation on "Development Workshop's CLIFF Social Housing: Progress, Challenges, Perspectives" by Carlos Figueiredo during the CLIFF Social Housing ...
Share Nuform social housing. ... CLIFF Social Housing Workshop, 13/02/2014 Breakout 3 social housing & communities ...
Development Workshop Angola é uma ... on the CLIFF Fund's strategy of investing in housing for the poor. ... Carlos Figueiredo, ...
Search the history of over 487 billion pages on the Internet. search Search the Wayback Machine