Published on October 24, 2014
1. Human Resource Audit & Human Resource Planning Presentation On: Career Planning Audit Dr B Ratan Reddy RGBS
2. Individual Career Planning Career Planning is now the primary responsibility of individuals. Individual Career Planning Process Self-Assessment Explore Information Explore Opportunities Make Decision Audit Results Action Plan
3. Individual Career Planning Process Self-Assessment Step 1: Self- Assessment Process of gathering information about self in order to make an informed career decision What are my motivating skills, interests & values? What new learning do I want? What work-life role do I want? Which work environment am I most suited to?
4. Individual Career Planning Process Explore Information Step 2: Explore Information Process of assessing the data gathered about self and exploring it with an open perspective How do I consolidate my self-assessment information? How do I use self-assessment data to develop options? Are these options compatible with my lifestyle? Do I have any barriers/constraints at this point?
5. Individual Career Planning Process Explore Opportunities Step 3: Explore Opportunities Gathering career information which includes- employment outlook, salary, education, training & job duties What work-life options are available to me? Who can I ask for guidance? How can I check my work-life options?
6. Individual Career Planning Process Make Decision Step 4: Make Decision Process of decision-making for future career option Has the technique been adopted by me for deciding on my career option a valid one? Who will listen to me and assist me with my decision making ?
7. Individual Career Planning Process Action Plan Step 5: Action Plan Develop the steps needed to take in order to reach your goals Have I planned what I need to do now and later? What support is available to me to assist me in making it happen? How do I market myself? What should I put in my resume? Do my interviewing and negotiating skills need improving?
8. Individual Career Planning Process Audit Results Step 6: Audit Results By working through the earlier steps develop a better understanding of ones career situation and audit the results Have my expectations been met? Are the results beneficial to me? What can I do to retain the benefits What have I learnt from the transition process?
9. Individual Career Planning Organizational Career Planning Your career is not a matter of chance - it is a matter of choice. It is not to be waited for, but to be achieved.
10. Organizational Career Planning Is the process of planning one’s work life and involves evaluating abilities and interests, considering alternative career opportunities, establishing career goals, and planning practical development activities. “Organizations have their own vision and individuals their own aspirations. Alignment and congruence of both create a win-win situation and the lack of such alignment can create movement in haphazard directions leading to loss of productivity, morale, etc.”
11. Organizational Career Planning Types Of Career Programmes Career Pathing Career Counseling Human Resources Planning Career Information System Management Faculty Development Programme Training Special Programmes
12. Organizational Career Planning What is the average length of time an employee stays with the organization? Does this vary by position type? How much does the organization spend annually (in total and per employee) on employee career planning? Is there a formal training program for managers conducting career planning? If so, please describe it. How are managers and supervisors trained and prepared for their roles?
13. Organizational Career Planning Recommendation For The Employer: Provide employer with the tools & opportunities to enhance their skills. Create an environment for continuous learning by supporting & rewarding employee development & learning. Provide opportunities for self-assessment. Provide opportunities for additional training, including orientation & training. Have managers trained as coaches & mentors to assist employees.
14. Organizational Career Planning Recommendation For The Employer: Use reward systems that support the organization's career development strategy. Make sure the career programmes are integrated with other human resource programmes.
15. Organizational Career Planning Tips For The Employer: Talk with your employee about his or her interests. Share information about your plan for his career growth. Point out your employee's skills and interests and how they relate to various careers. Don't pressure your employee to make choices – give him time to explore where his capabilities lie. Provide appropriate information. Don't try to steer your employee in the direction you feel is right. Career choice is a personal decision.
16. Individual Career Planning Organizational Career Planning Enhanced Individual and Organizational Performance
17. Case: Innovative Career Plan at AT & T A unique company initiative at AT &T is on internal labour pool of more than 600 contract workmen. Termed Resource Link, about 300 contingent labour joined the contract pool as a “career move”. Resource Link promised employees an opportunity to increase their skills knowledge, visibility and marketability.
18. Case: Innovative Career Plan at AT & T On selection, they are offered permanent positions at Resource Link and retain same salary and benefits. It is only their assignments that remain temporary. Rather than being in a traditional job and career path, the Resource Link Associates move from project to project.
19. Case: Innovative Career Plan at AT & T AT &T is reaping innumerable benefits and successfully been able to retain and develop talented employees. The company is spending much less on severance payments and makes huge savings on fees payable to external agencies for hiring temporary employees.
20. Case: Innovative Career Plan at Motorola India Number one employer by choice. Mantra-talent acquisition with respect to long term prospects of an employee’s career. Source potential employee’s
21. Case: Innovative Career Plan at Motorola India Informing employee’s of career opportunities throughout the corporation & encouraging qualified employees to seek the coveted positions. Formula for success- 4E’s + 1E ( Envision, Energize, Execute, Edge + Ethics) Return to India program
22. Case: Innovative Career Plan at Motorola India Career management –plan based on performance & potential. Reward’s philosophy Performance culture- “Pay for Performance” Philosophy Training & development
23. Case: Innovative Career Plan at Motorola India HR Policies Health Program: Preventive health subsidy Wellness & health services Provident fund plan Recognition Programs: Lump sum award recognition
24. Case: Innovative Career Plan at HSBC The executive career development programme of HSBC in India- four and half year period. Training on various aspects of banking by projects. The executive trainee development programme-intensive 7 week course at HSBC group training facility in U.K.
25. Case: Innovative Career Plan at HSBC Training gives appreciation of HSBC’s organization’s, products & services. Objective of programme- to provide a perfect blend of formal training & informal activities to equip them with the skills.
26. Case: Innovative Career Plan at HSBC Then a 3 week regional training more specific to HSBC’s business & products in India. The executive career development programme provides them with cross-functional exposure trough postings to a variety of job’s in personnel banking, credit, cash management .
27. Advantages Of Career Planning For Individuals: Knowledge Of Various Career Opportunities, his Priorities Etc. Internal Promotion ,Up gradation And Transfers Improves Employee Performance
28. Advantages Of Career Planning For Organizations: Availability Of Human Resources It Ensures That The People Belonging To Backward Communities Get Equal Opportunities For Growth And Development. Enhances Cultural Diversity Promote Organizational Goodwill
29. Results Of Career Planning More realistic approach of what is expected of them Supervisory roles in career counseling are clarified Personal career planning ability is increased Human Resource Systems are effectively utilized.
30. Thank You
HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY HIRE INNOVATORS, PURPLE SQUIRRELS, GAME CHANGERS AND PIONEERS...
A talk I gave at The Perl Workshop 2014 , The talk is aimed to help technical cand...
Créer l'esprit d'équipe
Il processo di candidatura ed assunzione, in genere, è la prima esperienza del can...
Su quali mercati i trend occupazionali viaggiano in tandem con l’economia e dove, ...
Ratan Naval Tata; Born ... Ratan Tata is the son of Naval Tata, ... and the Advanced Management Program from Harvard Business School in 1975. Career ...
Read more about Hospitals must explore outsourcing options: Ratan Jalan ... Business School alumnus now runs a ... like career planning, ...
Global management is ... schools such as London Business School or the Hong Kong ... events to help with career planning. A Global ...
Careers in Strategic Planning. ... Institute for Strategy and Competitiveness at Harvard Business School. Strategic Management Society; The Strategy Club.
Career Planning. In today's ... Approximately 6 schools will be ... and be college and career ready by graduation. Business partners in the community ...
Gitarattan International Business School organized time to kick up your heels let your hair down and ball around. Welcome to giBS Incubating future ...
Business school rankings, ... MSC, and European MBA rankings from the Financial Times. ft.com ... The effectiveness of the school careers service in ...
The Career Management Center ... and more that 43,000 global Alumni. ... Alumni Career Management Columbia Business School