Published on February 16, 2014
1 CORINTHIANS 13:4-7 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 4
EA S U R E OU CAN M RITY IS HE WAY Y • T AL MATU R SPIRITU OUR LOVE FOR YO U TH O F Y THE DEP THERS. ND FOR O GO D A
LD ALLOW WE SHOU O CHANGE D’S LOVE T GO US.
• THE HEART OF THE MATTER IS THAT WE NEED TO LOVE AS JESUS LOVED US. LOVE IS NOT SOMETHING YOU WORK FOR. LOVE IS WHAT WE NEED TO BECOME.
• God’s love can change our bad attitudes, bad perceptions, bad opinions, etc. who are struggling and hurting and they don’t know anything about God’s love for them. are many people
HE CHANGES US SO WE COULD BE A BLESSING TO OTHERS.
EXODUS 3:9: And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them. So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt.
•God is calling us to step out of our comfort zones and start to love the lost. •The start of our journey with Christ happens when we start to share His love for others. When we start to pray for the lost, care for the broken and share His Word to the lost. •The journey begins as we become God’s instrument for the restoration of this fallen world. When we start to love this world just as Jesus loved them all.
PRACTICAL TIPS ON HOW WE CAN LOVE JUST LIKE JESUS: •WE NEED TO FORGET THE IDEA OF SELFENTITLEMENT. – PHILIPPIANS 2:5-6 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, 7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. 5
GALATIANS 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 20
– Our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. We must work every day to be the hands, feet and body of Christ. We need to be like Jesus every day. For us to help others in their problems and help them know Christ more. – In Eastern tradition, there is a word “NAMASTE”, which is a greeting and means “I recognize the spirit that is working inside of you.” Do we ask ourselves what spirit is working within us? Is it from God or from Satan?
– As a child, we were always taught to be selfish and self-centered. And if we worked hard enough then we deserve it because we earned it. Most the time, you don’t care whether others are hurt by your actions as long as you get what you want. That’s the wrong mindset. – That’s why you think your money is your money and not from God because you earned it and deserved it. You miss out on the grace of God in your life. – That’s why you think you could do whatever you want to your body. You engage in sexual immorality because you thought that your body is yours and not God’s.
WE NEED TO EMBRACE OUR UNIQUENESS. – You need to remind yourself that God is a God of purpose. That He created you for a certain reason. God has given you talents and passions for a purpose. – We all have a unique way to connect to God. Some of you connect to God through worship. Some of you connect to God through prayer. Some through studying or even outdoors.
– All of us have this unique way of communicating and communing with God. And the problem is when we were young Christians, we are taught to commune with God only in a certain way. So at times we feel there is something wrong with us when we don’t connect to God the way they want us to. • – But we should remember that God created us uniquely. That we have our own special way of connecting to God and we should not compare it with others.
EPHESIANS 2:10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. 10 God has prepared you and has given you a specific DNA because He has prepared you to go and make disciples.
– He has given you gifts and past experiences that you may use in order to bring more people to Him. – When we became born again, that is the start of our mission to serve the purpose for which He has created us. •Just like Jesus, He loved us first while we were still sinners and He wanted us to love Him back by loving others.
• Take some time and evaluate what is breaking your heart. Evaluate what is that you’re passionate about. How are we responding to those who are suffering? • Are we suffering with them? Are our hearts broken by the same things that break their hearts? • Most of the time, we are like those in the church of Corinth, we are more focused on ourselves.
• Moses saw how his people were being oppressed that’s what moved him for a change of heart and start to love them all the more. • Find a place or ministry that makes your heart jump and you want to serve and love people especially those who are also like you before.
1 CORINTHIANS 12:12: Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 12 • 1 CORINTHIANS 12:25-26: so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it. 25
MATTHEW 23:12-39 12 For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted. 13 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. 15 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are. 16 "Woe to you, blind guides! You say, 'If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.' 17 You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred? 18
You also say, 'If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is bound by his oath.' 19 You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred? 20 Therefore, he who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. 21 And he who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it. 22 And he who swears by heaven swears by God's throne and by the one who sits on it. 23 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel. 25 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and selfindulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean. 27 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean. 24
In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness. 29 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. 30 And you say, 'If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.' 31 So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Fill up, then, the measure of the sin of your forefathers! 28
"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? 34 Therefore I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. 35 And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 I tell you the truth, all 33
this will come upon this generation. 37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you,how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing. 38 Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.' "
JOHN 14:12 12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
• THE BEST MIRACLE JESUS DID WAS TO LOVE US SINNERS. • If we are going to love others just as Jesus loved us, then we could make miracles every day of our lives. • WE SHOULD ALLOW GOD TO CHANGE OUR HEARTS AND START TO LOVE LIKE JESUS.
• MAY THE WORLD IDENTIFY JESUS IN US AND NOT OUR SELFISH INTENTIONS AND MOTIVES. • LET US SERVE AND LOVE OTHERS JUST LIKE JESUS DID TO US. • HOPEFULLY YOU CAN SEE JESUS IN YOURSELF AND EVERYTHING YOU DO WILL BE MOTIVATED BY HIS LOVE FOR YOU.
FAITHWORKS CHRISTIAN CHURCH. Bringing more families closer to God! ... LEGACY 5 – ENDORSE – PTR. ALVIN GUTIERREZ – 10AM MORNING SERVICE. January 31 ...
LEGACY 1 – EVANGELIZE – PTR. ALVIN GUTIERREZ – 4PM AFTERNOON SERVICE from Faithworks Christian Church
Love Trinidad — 5 starFaithworks Christian Church is my home my family. It's a place where you can find true, warm, , loving, friendly, fun and spirit ...
Articles, experts, jobs, and more: get all the professional insights you need on LinkedIn
Faithworks Christian Church Global. 589 likes · 10 talking about this. A page specially dedicated to connect, fellowship, encourage and update global...
MP3-Sermons.com is free. Please consider helping us offset our costs. ... Speaker: Ptr.Alvin Gutierrez Title: Bible Passage: Date: 0000-00-00