Published on June 29, 2016
1. z By the People, FORthe People? Managing the Governmental/Legislative Interests of Diverse Populations
2. z Understanding how complex it is to get government to move on issues of the day
3. z About LLOYD
4. z About KEGLER BROWN
6. z DIVERSITY
7. z My perspective comes from being a LAWYER- LOBBYIST
10. z LOBBYING All attempts to influence legislators + government officials by other legislators, constituents or organized groups
11. z LOBBYING Governments, whether federal, state or local, often define and regulate organized lobbying
12. z LOBBYING Researching Monitoring Testifying Working Educating
13. z vs.
15. z registered employers of lobbyists
16. z registered lobbyists
17. z registered lobbyists
19. z Does diversity even matter in POLITICS?
20. z The business community has made the case for diversity Connecting Markets Demographic Changes Leveraging Differences + Similarities Respect + Inclusion Fundamental Fairness
21. z Senate Women 20% 100 Members
22. z Senate Minority 6% 100 Members
23. z House Women 19% 435 Members
24. z House Minority 20% 435 Members
29. z Senate Women 7 33 Members Minority 4 (3 of which are women)
30. z House Women 26 99 Members Minority 13 (5 of which are women)
31. z COMPETING INTERESTS
32. z Constituents vs. Larger Population
38. z Are there areas of government where diversity does NOT matter?
39. z Sample ISSUES
45. z Thank You! Lloyd Pierre-Louis, Director Kegler Brown Hill + Ritter email@example.com keglerbrown.com/pierrelouis 614.462.5477
... for the People? Managing the Governmental/Legislative Interests of Diverse Populations. Ohio State University’s 22nd Annual National Conference on ...
Diversity Initiatives in the Workplace ... and people with different ethnic backgrounds and lifestyles ... diverse populations will make and spend ...
What are the Key Factors in Managing Diversity ... organizations that serve diverse populations. ... with colleagues who share similar interests and ...
National Science Foundation ... Of the People, By the People, ... have contributed to our increased understanding of bird populations and their ...
Oral health of older people in England and Wales Display type: Guidance From: Public Health England Updated: 6 January 2016;
... from preventing and managing specific ... for particular populations, groups or people in particular ... their interests. ...
Code of practice on managing disability in the workplace ... People with disabilities 1 are not a ... interests of members and to provide services to its ...
Building Teams: Broadening the Base for ... address specific issues or populations. ... that people put aside their individual interests in order to ...
Owner at Pentecost Immortals Populations, Prophet/Owner at ACTS 2:38 LORDS' IMMORTALS PENTECOST POPULATIONS ..., Prophet/Minister at... Education