Published on February 6, 2014
Buying Illustrated Anatomy Textbooks And More
After you have spent months meeting with guidance counselors, filling out college applications, visiting campuses, and going on interviews, no one can question the thrill you feel when you finally receive that acceptance letter from your first choice college. But that excitement can quickly turn to anxiety when you begin to think about all the expenses associated with student living: housing, illustrated anatomy textbooks, and everything else. There are lots of ways you can save on those costs, if you think ahead and use your resources. Ask around and find out how other students are coping with the same costs. Here are a couple of areas where you can save, and ideas for doing so.
Textbooks: As all students and former students know, this is one of the hugest expenses of attending college. Do not wait until the last minute, when you will have no choice but to purchase all of your books new from the school bookstore. Consider these possibilities:
1. Online sites. Many internet retailers sell textbooks for a fraction of the cover price. If you can find used books, you can save money, even when you consider the shipping and handling costs.
2.Ask around to other students in your program. They may be able to sell or lend you their books, or may have electronic copies.
3. Rent or buy used from the bookstore. Although the cost of buying books new from the campus bookstore may be high, they m, ay also off rental or used options. Renting is a great idea if you are not going to use the book again!
Living arrangements: Housing is another huge cost for many students. You do not want to find yourself in the midst of finals, suddenly wondering how you are going to cover your rent for the month because it is beyond your means. Here are some ways you can save on housing:
1. Live on campus. This can prove to be the most inexpensive option, especially if you are not paying your own college costs. Parents are often more likely to pay for your housing if it is lumped in with your tuition, the way it is with dorm living. Even if you are financing your own costs, your financial aid may help to cover oncampus living.
2. Live with other people. Having roommates, especially ones who are strangers, can be aggravating. However, it may be worth the aggravation if it will cut your living expenses down to a half or a third of what they would be otherwise. Perhaps you can even find friends to live with.
3. Stay with your parents. More and more people are choosing to stay at home and attend college in their hometown. You may be anxious to get out on your own, but remember: if you can save some money by living with your parents now, you will have a better chance of achieving security once you DO get out on your own.
Starting college means that you have a thousand decisions to make in a short period of time. Planning ahead about the areas where you can save money will help to make these decisions easier. If you know that you have a budget and a plan, it will be much less painful to part with the money for those illustrated anatomy textbooks, student service fees, and all the other costs of being in college.
Buying Illustrated Anatomy Textbooks And More Margiesrecomendations. Subscribe Subscribed Unsubscribe 1 1. Loading... Loading... Working...
... Illustrated Notebook to accompany Principles of Anatomy and Physiology ... More Buying Choices
Gray's Anatomy: Classic Illustrated Edition ... Examples include the textbooks by Marieb or ... It is a little more difficult for her to read than she ...
Shop for used textbooks, new textbooks and ... Every day we pour more than 40 years of experience into gathering the ... Bulk Buying; Affiliates; Contact Us;
Illustrated Anatomy of the Head and ... and also professional textbooks as ... I used this after having read the core anatomy from a more ...
Med-Surg Textbooks; Midwifery; ... Additional Anatomy Books, Journals and e-Resources. ... More Titles. Anatomy Bestsellers ;
... sell or search online Books, Textbooks, Music, Movies & Games of ... Start buying or manage your ... Sign in. New to Half.com? Register now and get ...
Learn more #1 Source for Buying ... we were officially awarded the About.com Readers Choice Award for "Best Website for Buying College Textbooks" for the ...
Buy Lippincott's Illustrated Q&A Review of Anatomy and Embryology Books Paperback from ... This book will help you with more than just your Anatomy ...
... (And All Pages) 4th edition (9780781762977) by Barbara J. Cohen for up to 90% off at Textbooks ... illustrated guide serves ... anatomy, physiology and ...