Published on October 27, 2018
1. BUSINESS QUIZ PRELIMS Answers
2. Disclaimer: Source of all images, videos & audios is internet. The Club has not used it for any other purpose (as monetary profit etc.) but for the infotainment in the form of the Quiz. Any alterations made were done for the sole purpose of Quiz questions. The original form, as much possible, has been included in ‘Answers’ section.
3. RULES This round consists of 18 questions. Write your answers in BLOCK LETTERS only. Use of any unfair means will result in disqualification. Starred questions will be used for tie-breaking.
4. Bonne Chance!
5. 1)* Id the company.
6. Answer- Flipkart
7. 2) This tech billionaire, also the co-founder of Salesforce.com is going to be the new owner of Time magazine. Name him.
8. Answer- Marc Benioff
9. 3) Which company’s name is derived from Voice, Data and Phone?
10. Answer- Vodafone
11. 4) Complete this famous quote by Harry Truman: “It is ________ when your neighbour loses his job, it’s _______ when you lose your job”.
12. Answer- Recession, Depression
13. 5) Which magazine?
14. Answer- The Economist
15. 6) Which of these is not an Indian apparel brand? Wrangler Allen Solly Peter England Louis Phillipe
16. Answer- Wrangler
17. 7) Name of which cookie brand is also a slang for a black who acts or thinks like a white because of its black exterior and becomes white as you go inside?
18. Answer- Oreo
19. 8) “Aapka Bank, Aapke Dwar” is the tagline of ?
20. Answer- India Post Payments Bank
21. 9)* Apple recently launched XS variants of iPhone. A company trolled Apple by distributing its powerbanks to customers who were standing in line to purchase iPhones in Singapore with the message- “Here’s a power bank. You’ll need it.” Which Chinese company?
22. Answer- Huawei
23. 10)* Id the organisation.
24. Answer- Softbank
25. 11) Which footwear brand’s name means ‘destiny’ in Latin?
26. Answer- Lotto
27. 12) Thomas Lyle Williams noticed his elder sister applying a mixture of Vaseline and coal dust to her eyelashes to give them a darker, fuller look. This incident is said to be the inspiration behind which famous cosmetics brand?
28. Answer- Maybelline
29. 13)* Which bank? Hint: Obvious September connection
30. Answer- Lehman Brothers
31. 14) First formulated at the command of a Queen of Hungary, sometimes identified as Isabella but usually as Elisabeth, or in one document “Saint Elisabeth, Queen of Hungary” . It is also known as the Hungary Water. What?
32. Answer- Perfume
33. 15) Former F1 CEO Bernie Eccelestone was once mugged by 4 men who took away his X watch. He later appeared on a X ad campaign with the tagline- “See what people will do for a X”. Endorsed over the years by the likes of Jet Li, Diego Maradona, Usain Bolt and Rohit Sharma, give me X.
34. Answer- Hublot
35. 16) Milk Bikis, Treat, 50 50, Bourbon and Little Hearts are all offerings from which brand which turned 100 this year?
36. Answer- Britannia
37. 17)* For some time we believed that this letter stands for internet. But, in 1998, one of the co- founders of the parent company explained that the letter also stands for individual, instruct, inform and inspire. What am I talking about?
38. Answer- ‘i’ in Apple products
39. 18) Id the automobile brand from the logo.
40. Answer- Aston Martin
41. Do check out the Final round of Business Quiz.