Published on January 30, 2016
1. Business Quiz Finals QM : Melbin Abraham
2. Rajagiri Quiz Hub / Rajagiri Quiz Hub
3. General Rules • Infinite bounce • Infinite Pounce • 6 rounds of 4 questions each Points: +10 for every right answer Negative points (-10) only for pouncing.
4. Round 1
5. 1) Which is the personality featured in this IMDB page?
6. Answer Big Ben
7. Raghuram Rajan
8. 2) Identify this engineering and robotics design company which is best known for the development of BigDog, a quadruped robot designed for the U.S. military with funding from Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) which was later acquired by Google on 13 December 2013. Currently this entity is falls under Google X, Alphabet Inc (Google). The next slide shows a video which was released by them for last Christmas.
10. Boston Dynamics
11. 3. Founded by Bill McKibben, 350.org is one of the largest green lobby group in the world. How was the name 350.org conceived?
13. 350 parts per million (ppm) is what scientists, climate experts, and progressive national governments says as the safe upper limit for CO2 in our atmosphere
14. 4. Clydesdale is a famous horse breed that was derived from the farm horses of Clydesdale, Scotland. Which famous brand owns one of the largest Clydesdale herds in the world and also uses them for promotions and commercials since 1930's especially in the super bowl commercials.
15. Clydesdale Horses
18. Q) Lush Cosmetics of UK has a product named ‘Smuggler’s Soul’ which they promote with the picture of an (in)famous Indian. Identify this Indian.
21. Round 2
22. 1) Identify this company whose ticker symbol is RACE (Listed in NYSE on October 21, 2015). It was the most valuable brand in 2014 and 9th most valuable brand in 2015 according to Brand Finance. The logo of this company is ‘Cavallino Rampante‘.
25. 2) Recently a $7.2 billion pharmaceutical company changed its name from 'X Pharmaceuticals' to ‘Ionis Pharmaceuticals’ and thereby changing the ticker symbol from 'X' to 'IONS'. The former name was derived from 'X', the Egyptian goddess of health, marriage, and wisdom. In a similar manner 'X Mobile Wallet' which was started by AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon changed its name in September 2014 to JVL Ventures LLC and the business name as Softcard which was later acquired by Google and integrated into Google wallet. Identify X.
27. ISIS ISIS Pharmaceuticals, ISIS Mobile Wallet
28. 3) Identify this new company which is said to be a close competitor to ‘Tesla Motors’ which was named after famous 'Nikola Tesla' and in a similar way this company is also named after another famous counterpart whose discoveries in the early 1800s laid the groundwork for the modern electric motors. Backed by Chinese billionaire Jia Yueting, it plans to put an electric car on sale by 2017 and to built a new $1 billion factory in Nevada.
30. Faraday Future
31. 4) The Coca-Cola Company last year deployed this advertising campaign in Denmark and it features an image that looks to most people like one large circle comprised of smaller, green and brown-ish coloured circles arranged in a unique pattern. What is so special about this advertisement?
33. Ad for color blind people The ad comes with a headline: ‘Only 10 percent of Danes can see what it says here: Can you?’ The image’s pattern reveals the word “Life” but only people who are colour blind are able to pick up the message. This ad, promotes Coke’s reduced-calorie Coca-Cola Life, which uses the sugar substitute Stevia.
34. Q) On September 11, 2015, which marked the fourteenth anniversary of New York’s World Trade Center attack, a crane of a construction conglomerate collapsed in Mecca causing 107 deaths and almost 400 injuries. Later this company was banned from taking on new projects and their ongoing works were reviewed. Which construction group from Saudi Arabia is being talked about?
36. Saudi Binladin Group (Bin Laden construction company)
37. Round 3 Connect
40. The Walt Disney Company
43. Donald Trump
46. Silvio Berlusconi
49. Richemont (Compagnie Financière Richemont SA)
52. Bajaj V The new motorcycle is made from the metal of INS Vikrant which had an important role during 1971 Indo-Pak war. INS Vikrant was decommissioned in 1997, and was preserved as a museum ship in Mumbai till 2012. It was finally scraped in January 2014
53. Round 4
54. 1) Which Asian conglomerate owns ‘The Face Shop’ a skincare and cosmetics retailer and manufacturer.
56. LG LG owns through its subsidiary LG Healthcare
57. 2) 'Green Horizons' is an initiative by which international giant that uses the latters advanced machine learning and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies to ingest and learn from vast amounts of Big Data, constantly self-configuring and improving in accuracy to create some of the world’s most precise and accurate energy and environmental forecasting systems. This initiative was first launched on July 2014 to help address Chinese government target over a ten year horizon for a 25% reduction in fine air ppm and achieving a 45% carbon intensity reduction by 2020.
60. 3) US Magazine 'Newsweek' said in March 2014, it is 'Dorian _________', however Dorian _________ sued Newsweek for this article but ‘Wired’ magazine and Gizmodo points it to 'Craig Steve Wright'. What are they referring to?
62. Satoshi Nakamoto Satoshi Nakamoto (Nakamoto Satoshi) is the name used by the person or people who created the bitcoin protocol and its reference implementation
63. 4) In 2014, backed by the likes of Stephen fry, Stella mcCartney and Richard Branson - the rich, famous and the chic were urged not to book into any of the Dorchester Collection venues including the Dorchester in London, Le Meurice in Paris, the Beverly Hills Hotel in LA and Il Principe in Milan. Who owns the Dorchester Collection?
65. Brunei Investment Agency
66. Q) Bayer AG introduced a ‘drug’ in late 1890s which was a ‘high’ hit then. It was a drug for cough and was a trademark of Bayer till WWI. Name the drug.
69. Round 5
70. 1) Identify the company founded by Nick Woodman in 2012 and formerly known as Woodman Labs Inc. It is an American manufacturer of action cameras. Woodman started the company following a 2002 surf trip to Australia in which he was hoping to capture quality action photos of his surfing, but could not because amateur photographers could not get close enough, or obtain quality equipment at reasonable prices. His desire for a camera system that could capture the professional angles lead to the creation of this company which currently has a market capitalisation of around $ 2.5 Billion.
73. 2) X is German luxury fashion and style house based in Metzingen, Germany named after its founder. The founder started a clothing company but was forced into bankruptcy and in 1931 reached an agreement with his creditors, leaving with him six sewing machines to start again. Later he became a member of the Nazi Party and also said to be a member of Schutzstaffel (SS). Soon his sales increased and he used prisoners of war and forced labour. A partnership between X and Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation was launched in 1995, resulting in the X Prize, which is a biennial award established in 1996 to recognize artists whose work is among the most innovative and influential of that time. Identify X.
75. Hugo Boss
76. 3) Biography of ?
78. Jack Daniel
79. 4) To which technology company which was founded in 2014 would you connect a dog named ‘Una’.
82. Q) Mansukhbhai Kothari (Mansukh Lal Mahadev Bhai Kothari) is the founder of Kothari Products Limited / Kothari Group which is most (in)famous for a brand/product brand that was introduced in 1973. Which brand/product is being talked about?
84. Pan Parag Using Pan Masala is injurious to health
85. Round 6
86. 1) This brand / product was introduced in 1964 and quickly became a huge success throughout the world that a French court once stopped the parents from naming their child after this household brand name, ruling that it would make the child target of derision and ordered that the child be called Ella instead. The first jar of this product, was invented after revamping his father's original recipe known as 'gianduja' in local dialect. Forbes magazine hailed the founder as "the richest candyman on the planet". The founder has many other world successful products in his credit. One company legend was that the shape of another famous product was inspired from the rock grotto at Lourdes at which Mary is reputed to have made a miraculous appearance in 1858. Identify this brand / Product.
88. Nutella Nutella owned by Ferrero Rocher. The founder is Michele Ferrero
89. 2) Roshen chocolates / Roshen Confectionery Corporation is a prominent chocolates manufacturer in the European region and was founded in 1996 by merging dozens of enterprises specializing in the production of sweets, chocolate, biscuits. Who is the founder and majority shareholder of this company?
91. Petro Poroshenko (Petro Oleksiyovych Poroshenko) President of Ukraine.
92. 3) Two days back Chet Kanojia (Chaitanya Kanojia) announced a new company 'Starry Internet' aimed at providing wireless Internet access for a fraction of the cost of existing players. However he was famous for another disruptive company, which he started in 2012 but was later shut down in 2014 after the Supreme Court of the United States ruled against it in a case brought by several broadcast networks. Which is the above mentioned company that was shut down?
95. 4) Ai Weiwei is a Chinese Contemporary artist and activist who in last October said that a company refused to sell their product on the grounds of political activism. However this company very recently changed that policy. Which company are we talking about?
97. LEGO In October, Lego had refused to sell the bricks to Weiwei, for an exhibition on free speech at Australia's National Gallery of Victoria. He intended to use the bricks to create portraits of freedom advocates. Lego is reversing its policy on bulk purchases and will no longer ask customers what they want to use the bricks for. Lego faced a lot of criticism for refusing to sell the products to Weiwei that he set up collection points across the world. While many fans and supporters had donate Lego blocks.
98. Q) Tablez Food Company is a famous F&B business company having two divisions of which one is ‘Papermill’. It has franchise agreement with Galito’s, Famous Dave’s, Sugar Factory… To which famous business group do you associate Tablez Food Company?
99. And the other division is
101. Lulu CEO and Founder is Shafeena Yussuf Ali (Daughter of M. A. Yousuf Ali of Lulu Group)
102. M n A
Business Quiz finals : Inceptra 2016 - SlideShare Business Quiz finals of Inceptra 2K16, Business Quiz finals : Inceptra 2016 1. Business Quiz Finals QM ...
Business Quiz finals of Inceptra 2K16, the Business Quiz event of Rajagiri College of Management and Applied Sciences
Current Project Designer & Finals Plans at BA architects Past Project Designer & Finals Plans at ACP & Assoc. PSC, Project Designer & ...