Published on March 11, 2014
Business Quiz Presented By Krishna Chandran Varghese Mathew
1. Which is the Tata Group’s oldest surviving brand? A. TCS B. Tata Motors C. The Taj Palace and Tower D. Tata Tetley
Answer 1 The Taj Palace and Tower The Taj Palace and Tower was built in 1903
2.Who was independent India’s first finance minister? A. Morarji Ranchhodji Desai B. John Mathai C. R K Shanmukham Chetty D. Tiruvellore Thattai Krishnamachari
Answer 2 R K Shanmukham Chetty On November 26, 1947, Chetty presented India's first budget after Independence
3.Which airline had the tag line “simplyfly”? A. Air Deccan B. IndiGo C. Kingfisher D. Go Air
Answer 3 Air Deccan
4. This auto giant was set up as a franchise to assemble jeeps from Willys, USA in October 1945. It’s today called Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M). What was it called in 1945? A. Mahindra & Mahindra B. Mahindra Motors Co. C. Mahindra Auto Co D. Mahindra and Mohammed
Answer 4 Mahindra and Mohammed After partition, one of its founders Ghulam Mohammed migrated to Pakistan and the company became Mahindra and Mahindra
5. Which was the first Indian company to list its Global depository receipts (GDR) in the Singapore Stock Exchange? A. Tata Steel B. Reliance Industries C. Hero Honda D. Uttam Galva Steels
Answer 5 Uttam Galva Steels Uttam Galva Steels’ GDR listed in the SGX in April 2007
6. Tata power acquired A. AES Saurashtra windfarms private limited B. Exxon Mobil Corporation C. Chevron Corporation D. None of these
Answer 6 AES Saurashtra windfarms private limited
7. Facebook was launched in the year A. 2005 B. 2006 C. 2004 D. 2007
Answer 7 2004
7.Which company was the title sponsor of the 1983 World Cup that India won? A. Prudential B. ICICI Prudential C. Hindustan Unilever D. Bajaj
Answer 7 Prudential
8.Identify the Personality
Michael L. Corbat The current chief executive officer of Citigroup
9. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 15 July 2013 imposed fines of around 49.5 crore rupees on 22 private and public sector banks including SBI, PNB and Yes Bank. The banks were fined for violation of? A. KYC/Anti-Money Laundering Norms B. Offering gold loans despite restrictions imposed by the RBI to curb fall in value of Rupee C. For flouting the directions issued by RBI under section 35A of the Banking Regulation Act D. Not maintaining the standards of Currency Chest
Answer 9 KYC/Anti-Money Laundering Norms
10. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 17 July 2013 opened a window for commercial banks to meet the cash requirements of mutual funds (MFs). What is the name given to the window? a) Mutual Fund Liquidity Window b) Commercialized Liquidity Window c) Special Liquidity Window d) None of the following
Answer 9 Special Liquidity Window
10. Which brand endorsed by Hrithik Roshan, Sachin Tendulkar and Shahrukh Khan had the punch line – “life means more”? A. Home Shopping B. D'decor C. Home Trade D. Bourbon Hide & Seek
Answer 10 Home Trade The now defunct e-broking company had a Rs 30 crore ad campaign in place
11. ‘It happened in India’ is which Indian businessman’s autobiography? A. Kishore Biyani B. Mukesh Ambani C. Anand Mahindra D. Ratan Tata
Answer 11 Kishore Biyani He is chief executive officer of Future Group.
12. Which is the worlds largest direct selling company? a) Amway b) Avon c) Livon d) None of these
Answer 12 Avon
13. In which country the newly imposed tax is “Google Tax”? a) Italy b) France c) Japan d) None of these
Answer 13 Italy
14. “It was like riding a tiger, not knowing how to get off without being eaten.” Which Indian entrepreneur wrote this in an email to the board of directors of the company he founded? A. Dhirubhai Ambani B. B Ramalinga Raju C. Ratan Tata D. N Narayan Murthy
Answer 14 B Ramalinga Raju The Satyam founder.
15. What is the name of the Brand becomes the 1st brand to reach 2 Billion $ in retail sales in India. a) Amul b) McDonalds c) KFC d) None of these
Answer 15 Amul
16. A book titled “Management by Idiots” is written by CMD of which Indian PSU? a) ONGC b) NTPC c) SAIL d) Indian Oil Corporation
Answer 16 NTPC DR ARUP ROY CHOUDHURY,
17.Identify the Logo
Answer 17 Central Bank Of India
18.Logos with Hidden Symbolism
Answer 18 When you focus on just the pink portion, the number 31 appears, denoting the number of flavours Baskin Robbins offers!
19.Logos with Hidden Symbolism
Answer 19 Notice the arrow from ‘A’ to ‘Z’ in the Amazon logo. The thought is that Amazon carries everything from ‘A’ to ‘Z’ .
20.Identify the Personality
Answer 20 Indra Nooyi Chairman and CEO, PepsiCo
21.Identify the Personality
Answer 21 George Soros , Trader Institutional Investor magazine named him "the world's greatest money manager
22.Identify the Logo
Answer 22 World Trade Oranization (WTO) Deals with the global rules of trade between nations
23.Identify the Logo
Answer 23 Bank of Baroda
24.Identify the Logo
Answer 24 National Stock Exchange (NSE) ,Mumbai
25.Identify the Logo
Answer 25 Kerala Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI) KCCI is a voluntary organization that promotes and develops trade and industry in Kerala and functions as a Central Forum for Businesspersons. The KCCI has its Head Quarters in Cochin.
Canvas Prints at Affordable Prices make you smile.Visit http://www.shopcanvasprint...
30 Días en Bici en Gijón organiza un recorrido por los comercios históricos de la ...
Con el fin de conocer mejor el rol que juega internet en el proceso de compra en E...
With three established projects across the country and seven more in the pipeline,...
Retailing is not a rocket science, neither it's walk-in-the-park. In this presenta...
The Business Quiz – TBQ. India’s fastest growing quiz content building company. Tata Crucible Quiz; Brand Equity Quiz; Who We Are; ... AIMA Quiz 2014.
The Business Quiz – TBQ. India’s fastest growing quiz content building company
Business Quiz 2014 - Free download as Powerpoint Presentation (.ppt / .pptx), PDF File (.pdf), Text File (.txt) or view presentation slides online.
♠ Rajagiri National Business Quiz was launched in 2010. ♠ Mr Rohit Nair from Quizworks is the quiz master, founder of Quizworks and CEO of Contest2win.
In June 2014, a famous company ... India Business Quiz. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. India Business Quiz Create a free website or blog ...
Try our weekly term-time quiz on the latest business & economics news! Each week we pick 10 questions on news stories that have caught our attention. Play the