Published on March 1, 2014
Business Owners’ Top Ten Tips for a Truly Relaxing Business Vacation
by Marcia Yudkin
1. Own a business? Here’s how to enjoy time away from home so you can unwind, with just enough business activities scheduled to make your trip tax-deductible.
2. Meet IRS rules for deductibility by having a legitimate business reason why your presence is required at your vacation destination, but with the bulk of each day spent relaxing or sightseeing.
3. Don’t take incoming calls on your cellphone during your business vacation. Let them go to voice mail and return the calls once a day (if necessary).
4. The same for email: Check it no more than once or twice a day. Remember that even if an emergency arises back at the office, you can still deal with it on that timetable.
5. Forget about trying to write blog posts, newsletters, Facebook updates or sales pitches while you are away. These require too much mental effort and interfere with unwinding.
6. At your destination (or along the road, if it’s a road trip), do at least one unplanned activity a day. Spontaneously pick a town, shopping area or nature spot to explore.
7. Have a flexible daily spending budget so if you overspend one day you can spend less another day and not stress out.
8. Unless photography is an energizing hobby for you, don’t feel the need to capture a shot of every amazing moment. Collect experiences or stories instead.
9. Try to pay for everything by debit or credit card, so you can easily categorize and total up your expenses for the trip.
10. Days spent traveling to and from a business destination are tax deductible, and you’re allowed to drive there slowly, with a reasonable number of stops along the way.
Consult your tax advisor on anything related to taxes, of course!
Intrigued by the idea of a taxdeductible business trip?
Check out my Udemy course, “Take Your Business on the Road,” with $10 off from this link: www.tinyurl.com/biztrav44
Happy business travels!
Marcia Yudkin firstname.lastname@example.org www.yudkin.com @marciasmantras
Krishna Holidays is a well established Adventure and Tour operating company in Ris...
Learn about Fastport Passport, we offer expedited passport and visa solutions nati...
Aircraft leasing is an important decision and before making such an important purc...
Private jets can be hired by companies and individuals to travel in jets in a more...
Transcripts - Business Owners' Top Ten Tips for a Truly Relaxing Business Vacation
Here are our favorite 10 tips from this week's top OPEN Forum stories. Skip to main content. Start of menu. My Account. ... View All Small Business Cards;
Small business owners have a tendency to want to do it all. ... Workers Having Trouble Relaxing on Vacation. ... Top Ten Reviews; Tom's Guide;
We have top insider tips on where to stay, ... A historic vacation destination for the rich and ... Owners Paul and Sharon Mrozinski split their year ...
We've compiled a list of the top 100 tips to improve your business. ... Business owners and managers know ... your vacation dreams into a relaxing ...
... or healing your body with a massage near me. ... Top Ten Lists; ... to massage therapy - a truly relaxing and renewing experience.
... view our selection of timeshare vacations for rent! Top Ten ... top ten timeshare vacation ... a truly paradisaical vacation ...
... and 49 photos of Shoji Retreats, ... massage tea service ten thousand waves relaxing retreat great spa experience ... “ Truly Relaxing ...
... Top Italy travel agents & tour companies reviewed by ... memorable vacation to Italy for our 5th ... Perfect Relaxing Tour to Venice and ...