Published on November 22, 2016
1. HERMAS BUSINESS PARK MARINA DISTRICT LUSAIL CITY Category: Green Building: Office Building Qatar Green Leaders Green Building Certification, Design Management & Training (LEED/GSAS). ISO 9001:2015 Certified www.qatargreenleaders.com firstname.lastname@example.org
2. P R O J E C T T E A M Project Owner Architect of Record Design Architect GSAS Service Provider Qatar Green LeadersKohn Pedersen FoxDiwan Al EmaraHermas Investment Company
3. H E R M A S B U S I N E S S P A R K , M A R I N A C O M - 0 0 3 Client Diwan Al-Emara Plot area 15,219 m² Total Built-Up Area 118,828 m² Achieved Level 4 Stars Rating Status Obtained LOC – Under Construction Sustainability Assessment Scheme GSAS v2.0 Commercial Design Assessment Rating Scheme Building Type Office Building Hermas Business Park is located in the Marina District, Lusail City, a self- contained sustainable and comprehensively planned mixed used development in the State of Qatar. The project will feature 4 Office buildings around a central courtyard and connected on the 10th floor and roof level. It is composed of 4 basement parking levels, Ground floor for retail areas, 9 Floors of Office spaces and 10th floor level that includes dining area, gym and spa. Location Plot Com-003, Marina District, Lusail City Doha
4. G R E E N B U I L D I N G R A T I N G 4 .023 0.20 0.19 0.48 -0.04 Water Site Energy Urban Connectivity Materials 0.17 Indoor Environment 0.15 Cultural & Economic Value 0.15 Management & Operation .0240 .0270 0.720 0.480 0.240 0.480 0.390 0.18 AchievedPoints Attainable C e r t i f i c a t i o n d e n i e d L E V E L A c h i e v e d 3 . 0 0 2 . 5 0 2 . 0 0 1 . 5 0 1 . 0 0 . 5 0 0 . 0 0 - 0 . 5 0 - 1 . 0 0 G L O B A L S U S T A I N A B I L I T Y A S S E S S M E N T S Y S T E M 1.524
5. S U S T A I N A B I L I T Y P R A C T I C E S 5 The project provides retail spaces on the Ground floor, a spacious courtyard, a dining area, gym and spa at 10TH floor roof level that offers the users public and open spaces Sustainability & Community Energy and Water Hermas which is located in Lusail City, will inherit the score of the Lusail Master Planned Development for Urban and Connectivity and Site GSAS Criteria that includes: Proximity to infrastructure, Load on local traffic conditions, Public transportation, Proximity to Amenities, Land preservation, Waterbody Preservation and Habitat Preservation. The project will have access to Lusail City’s light rail network, water taxi transportation system, bicycle and pedestrian network and sustainable infrastructures. A central courtyard between the 4 office buildings shaded by the roof floor based on the concept “Courtyard - Oasis in the desert”, Also using Islamic patterns in the landscape lines and pathways. Water efficient plumbing fixtures are used in the project Native and Adaptive plants that require nominal irrigation water are used in the vegetation Rainwater tanks for collecting rainwater and will be reused for irrigation are provided Light coloured paving surfaces and building materials are provided to reduce heat island effect High Performance building materials are used, Insulated walls and roof and double glazing glass with Low-U value and SHGC Use of High Efficient lamps and Energy Recovery heat pipes Provides leak detection systems to minimize the impact of major water leakages Installation of an Automated Control System to optimize system performance Double-skin façade that provides shade and helps in reducing energy consumption. The project provides basement parking to minimize the amount of impermeable surfaces on site and parking footprint. Bike racks and bicycle network are provided and included in the design
6. S U S T A I N A B I L I T Y P R A C T I C E S 6 Use of regionally manufactured and assembled building elements and materials in order to reduce carbon footprint of materials. Sustainability & Resources Green Building Rating System Sustainability & Health Hermas provides support to the national economy by maximizing the percentage of construction expenditures for goods and services originating from State of Qatar. More than 30% of Construction Expenditure benefitting the national economy. The project achieved 4 Stars Rating in GSAS (Global Sustainability Assessment System) v2.0 Commercial Design Assessment Rating Scheme The project provides effective mechanical ventilation to ensure occupant comfort and health, compliance to ASHRAE 62.1-2010 and ASHRAE 90.1- 2007. Meet minimum emissions targets for indoor materials and finishes to ensure the comfort and health of occupants. Provide occupants with access to external views. Optimize the exposure of daylight for interior spaces in order to improve light quality for building occupants and reduce the need for artificial lighting. Minimize potentially hazardous airborne contaminants affecting building occupants. Collection and composting of organic waste will be applied to minimize waste taken to landfills or incineration facilities. A Recycling Management Plan will be implemented in the project. Sustainability & Management The project team applied an integrated approach during its pre- design and schematic design.
7. T H A N K Y O U ! Qatar Green Leaders | Green Building Certification, Design Management & Training (LEED/GSAS) Global Business Center (Opposite to Old Arrival Terminal) | C-Ring Road | Entrance 1 | 3rd Floor | P.O. Box: 63382| Tele-Fax: +974 44340477 | Doha | Qatar (Map) www.QatarGreenLeaders.com – info@QatarGreenLeaders.com