Published on October 13, 2014
1. 1 Commerce Innovation: 2014 Andrew Bartolini, Chief Research Officer Christopher J. Dwyer, Research Director Ardent Partners October 2, 2014
2. 2 CO-PRESENTERS Copyright © 2014 - Ardent Partners Ltd. Andrew Bartolini Chief Research Officer Ardent Partners Christopher J. Dwyer Research Director Ardent Partners
3. 3 AGENDA Introduction Commerce Innovation Convergence on the Network Copyright © 2014 - Ardent Partners Ltd.
4. 4 Ardent Partners is a research and advisory firm focused on defining and advancing the supply management strategies, processes, and technologies that drive business value and accelerate organizational transformation within the enterprise. ARDENT PARTNERS Copyright © 2014 - Ardent Partners Ltd.
5. 5 CPO Rising: The site for CPOs and other supply management executives www.cporising.com ARDENT’S NETWORK OF SITES Copyright © 2014 - Ardent Partners Ltd. Payables Place: Global source for ePayables news, research, & analysis www.payablesplace.com
6. 6 ARDENT’S’ RESEARCH COVERAGE: SUPPLY MANAGEMENT Commercial Cards Supply Risk & Supplier Information/Performance Management Contingent Workforce Management Other Complex Categories (T&E , Meetings and Events, Print, etc.) Spend Analysis eSourcing Contract Management eProcurement ePayables Copyright © 2014 - Ardent Partners Ltd. Procurement Outsourcing
7. 7 COMMERCE INNOVATION
8. 8 WHAT IS BUSINESS COMMERCE? Commercial Cards Supply Risk & Supplier Information/Performance Management Contingent Workforce Management Other Complex Categories (T&E , Meetings and Events, Print, etc.) Spend Analysis eSourcing Contract Management eProcurement ePayables Copyright © 2014 - Ardent Partners Ltd. Procurement Outsourcing
9. 9 Copyright © 2014 - Ardent Partners Ltd. WHAT IS BUSINESS COMMERCE? BUY PAY MANAGE
10. 10 BUSINESS COMMERCE INNOVATION Copyright © 2014 - Ardent Partners Ltd. BUY PAY MANAGE 22% 4% 2006 2011 Motorola Market Share: Mobile Phones Key Takeaways: Joy’s Law: “Innovation will happen, and it will happen elsewhere.” Innovation extends to all supply markets A ‘static “supply base is now a red flag No company can risk going it alone Increasing reliance on suppliers Suppliers are partners assets
11. 11 CPO’S AGENDA: THEN AND NOW CPO View 2009 "There has been a change in context, speed, and risk. It's time for procurement to be the hero.“ Christina DeLuca CPO - BP CPO View 2014 "The minute you get complacent, people will begin to offer other opinions. You must stay sharp.“ Chris Shanahan CPO - BD Copyright © 2014 - Ardent Partners Ltd.
12. 12 TOP CPO PRIORITIES (NEXT THREE YEARS) Copyright © 2014 - Ardent Partners Ltd. ©Ardent Partners - 2014 Innovation
13. 13 TOP STRATEGIES FOR SOURCING TEAMS IN 2014 Copyright © 2014 - Ardent Partners Ltd. 55% 47% 42% 32% 31% 31% Improve collaboration with business Improve collaboration with suppliers Improve use of technology (buy new systems / improve current ones) Implement stronger policies and processes Improve collaboration with the CFO and other executives Optimize current systems and processes © Ardent Partners - 2014 Collaboration
14. 14 THE CPO ROLE IN 2014 Purchasing Sourcing Cash Risk Innovation Sales M&A New Products New Markets Joint Ventures Travel Outsourcing Contingent Workers Trusted Advisor / Influencer / Special Projects Accounts Payable Copyright © 2014 - Ardent Partners Ltd. Convergence
15. 15 BUSINESS COMMERCE INNOVATION Copyright © 2014 - Ardent Partners Ltd. BUY PAY MANAGE Key Takeaways: No company wants to “slow the line” ePayments are easier ePayments are cheaper ePayments are more accurate ePayments are more secure
16. 16 AP’S TOP PRIORITIES IN 2014 Copyright © 2014 - Ardent Partners Ltd. 23% 25% 27% 31% 37% 63% Generate discounts on spend Better link P2P processes and systems Improve collaboration/communication with procurement Improve visibility into invoice and payment data Improve reporting and analytics around AP Reduce processing costs © Ardent Partners - 2014
17. 17 THAT PERSISTENT PAPER PROBLEM Copyright © 2014- Ardent Partners Ltd. 70% 30% Manual Electronic © Ardent Partners - 2014 Invoice Formats Payment Formats 44% 56% Manual Electronic © Ardent Partners - 2014
18. 18 THE BENEFITS OF ELECTRONIC PAYMENTS 24% of all AP groups report increased accuracy and control of payment delivery 24% 45% 51% 18 45% of AP groups say that electronic payments enable more efficient and streamlined processing (e.g., review, approval, execution). 51% of enterprises rate cost savings as the top benefit seen from electronic payments
19. 19 19 Greater involvement in working capital optimization Skill set required within AP will change Stronger AP & Procurement partnership AP process will be largely automated AP TRENDS & PREDICTIONS (“LIKELY” IN NEXT 2-3 YEARS) 83% 69% 66% 57%
20. 20 BUSINESS COMMERCE INNOVATION Copyright © 2014 - Ardent Partners Ltd. BUY PAY MANAGE Job Stats 4.4 years = Average job tenure in US (US Dept. of Labor - 2014) 91% of Millenials expected to stay at current job less than 3 years Key Takeaways: The “rules of employment” have changed Work will continue to migrate to where it can best be done Geography will not be a talent constraint Job hopping is now a trend Outside talent can offer great value and agility There is a talent war New strategies and approaches are needed
21. 21 CURRENT CONTINGENT WORKFORCE CHALLENGES Copyright © 2014 - Ardent Partners Ltd.
22. 22 THE EVOLVING CONTINGENT WORKFORCE Ardent Partners predicts that the average contingent workforce will rise by 30% over the next three years 92% of enterprises cite non-traditional talent as a moderate-to-vital aspect of their overall corporate strategy The “war for talent” now outweighs “cost savings” as the top driver of contingent workforce management Copyright © 2014- Ardent Partners Ltd.
23. 23 Traditional Complex Independent Contractors Copyright © 2014 - Ardent Partners Ltd. Comprised of SOW- based projects and services Purpose: Unique talents and expertise Freelancers, consultants and contractors Purpose: High-level talent and specialized skillsets “Temps” sourced via staffing suppliers and agencies Purpose: Low-to- mid-level talent ARDENT PARTNERS CWM FRAMEWORK
24. 24 THE FUTURE OF CONTINGENT WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT Copyright © 2014 - Ardent Partners Ltd.
25. 25 CONVERGENCE ON THE NETWORK
26. 26 THE EVOLUTION OF TALENT SOURCES Copyright © 2014 - Ardent Partners Ltd.
27. 27 BUSINESS NETWORKS’ IMPACT ON TRANSACTIONS
28. 28 BUSINESS NETWORKS’ IMPACT ON SUPPLIER COMMUNICATION / COLLABORATION
29. 29 THE NEW “COMMERCE” DYNAMIC Speed and complexity continue to accelerate Compliance, control, efficiency are table stakes This is the “Age of Innovation and Collaboration“ Winners will be the agile organizations that can tap into expertise and find value wherever it exists in the market Selecting the right partners and platforms has never been more important Copyright © 2014- Ardent Partners Ltd.
30. 30 For more information please visit: www.ardentpartners.com THANK YOU! Andrew Bartolini Managing Partner & Chief Research Officer 617.752.1620 firstname.lastname@example.org @andrewbartolini Contact Info: Ardent’s Media Sites: Copyright© 2014 - Ardent Partners Ltd. Christopher J. Dwyer Research Director & VP, Operations 617.752.1624 email@example.com @cjd_ardent
http://ecommerce-for-business.com/shackles-boats-theboatonlinestore/ We offer a ...
Pretty similar to gold bars are these silver slabs. Silver is considered as the mo...
If you are an investor of gold bars and coins, one of the major things that you ou...
CyberSecurity's social media stats for one week as of Oct 21st 2014
CyberSecurity's social media stats for one week as of Oct 28th 2014
Die Aufgabe zur Innovation im eCommerce beschränkt sich nicht nur auf die Funktionen von Shop-Systemen und die Gestaltung von Templates.
Definition E-Commerce. Unter E-Commerce verstehe ich die Verwendung von elektronischen Medien bei Transaktionen von Gütern, Informationen oder ...
E-Commerce und E-Business; Nr. 85223 . News ... Innovation und Umwelt; Recht und Steuern; Gründung und Förderung; International; Von A bis Z; Telefonliste;
Techonomy. How Tech Transforms Business and Society full bio → Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.
U.S. Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker outlined a bold new policy agenda focused on U.S. trade and investment, innovation, and data.
Content and media associated with Innovation. ... U.S. Secretary of Commerce ... Georgia to highlight the Commerce Department’s Skills for Business ...
Forbes is a leading source for reliable news and updated analysis on Business. Read the breaking Business coverage and top headlines on Forbes.com
Visa USA | Learn how Visa innovations are evolving commerce and digital payments.