Published on June 5, 2016
1. • A.S.M Farhen (161-11-5031) • Artuza Kanny (161-11-5019) • Rokeya Hasan Ema (161-11-5028) • Laboni Akter (161-11-5009) • Umme Habiba (161-11-5008) BBA-43 Spring -2016 Section- C
2. Presentation on
3. Outline of the presentation • Introduction • Nestle company profile • Nestle Bangladesh • Basic product category • The brand Maggi • Maggi in Bangladesh • Initial Strategies of Maggi • STPD Analysis • Advertisement • Current scenario
4. What brand name comes to your mind when I say the word Noodles ???
5. Introduction • Nestlé is world’s largest health, nutrition and wellness company. Although globally it is twice in size of its nearest FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) competitors, relatively business expansion is still in the developing stage in Bangladesh. However in the most recent times, it has experienced an organic growth of 40% and this trend predicted to continue in the coming few years.
6. About Nestle • The company dated to 1967 • Founder - Henry Nestle • Henry Nestle developed a milk based baby food and soon began marketing which was the first product of nestle. • Headquartered in vevey, Switzerland.
7. Nestlé Bangladesh • Nestlé started its operation in 1994in Bangladesh • its factory is situated in Sreepur, Gazipur. • Nestlé Bangladesh directly employs more than 650 people and more than 1000 people are employed by suppliers and distributors in connection to Nestlé.
8. Globally recognized brands of Nestlé: The brand portfolio delivers the message once again how big Nestlé in the food industry. Today Nestlé covers almost every food and beverage category. • Baby foods • Bottled water: • Chocolate & confectionery: • Coffee • Noodles & Many more
9. Nestles product list • Nestle milk maid • Maggi Noodles • Maggi pickup • Maggi pizza maze • Maggi sauces • Nestle munch • Nestle Milo • Nestle ice tea etc .
10. The Brand popular In Bangladesh India Australia Malaysia New Zealand Singapore South Africa
11. Nestlé brands to Bangladesh NESCAFE, CERELAC, LACTOGEN, MUNCH ROLLS and MAGGI became some very common products.
12. The Brand Maggi • It was found by the Maggi family in Switzerland in the 19th century. • The Maggi brand originates from Switzerland where in 1863 Julius Maggi created a recipe of flavors to bring added taste to meals. This marked the beginning of the Maggi brand and its convenient products.
13. MAGGI in Bangladesh • 1997‐MAGGI-2-Minute Noodles was launched in Bangladesh in 1997 with local production. • 2000‐ MAGGI Soups were launched. • Today‐ MAGGI is the market leader in instant Noodles & Soups.
14. Recognized by BSTI • Bangladesh Standards and Testing Institute (BSTI) testing authority has found no ingredients above harmful levels in Nestle’s Maggi Noodles.
15. Initial Strategies of Maggi • Maggi has faced lot of hurdles in its journey in Bangladesh. • Initially Nestle tried to position the noodles in the platform of convenience targeting the working women. • The noodles tagline, “ FAST TO COOK, GOOD TO EAT ” was also in keeping with this positioning. Effective tagline communication .
16. STPD Analysis: STPD SEGMENTATION TARGETINGDEFERENCIATION POSSITIONING
17. SEGMENTATION • Based on life style habit of urban Families.
19. POSITIONING দারুন মজা ,দারুন পুষ্টি Maggi 2 Minutes
20. DEFERENCIATION • Taste: IT is different in test • Flavors:Its flavor is unique from the other product • Packaging: we always try to make a different packaging.
21. MARKETING PENETRATION STRATEGIES Promotional campaigns in school Advertising strategies; focusing on kids New product innovation according to the need of consumers -VEGATTA NOODLES-DALL ATA NOODLES
23. Current scenario of Maggi • Maggi is the leading brand in Bangladesh as well as world. • Reasonable competitive pricing. • Focus mainly on health benefits.
24. Eat healthy be healthy
25. • This slide we made for our class presentation for the sub BUS101 • In this Presentation we used some our own photo (this are not official photo of Maggi noodles) • others photo & all information collected from internet. Extra page-----