Published on October 23, 2014
1. BURSTING THE ‘CARBON BUBBLE’ What is more valuable than Oil? Yet is over 1000% Cheaper! What could possibly be more valuable than oil right now? I'll give you a hint: It is the largest natural energy resource on the planet, has no carbon content, it is of unlimited supply source of hydrogen- the same element that power our sun and here on earth kg/lb to kg/lb packs more energy than oil, coal and natural gas combined and burns 100% clean without any emissions. Still don’t know… it is our everyday ‘WATER’ …read on… The largest Energy Source in the World is safely stored in WATER and not in Carbon based Fossil fuels. It is so safe and crucial that we must drink it, and life on this planet would not happen and sustain without it. Man could not devise better energy storage system than this perfect natural energy carrier and our source for eH2Fuel. The Impending All-Out Struggle for Global Oil Supremacy: eH2Fuel is WHY and HOW…renewable clean energy will win... Water is true domestic resource that we have in abundance and most people already have it in their homes. Small amount of electricity both domestic resource in every country (with production cost of ~$505 per ton) will displace 18 ton/132 barrels of gasoline when comparing its true cost (all external costs included) about $15 gal that adds to staggering ~$ 83 162.00 versus $ 505.00 !!! Water is the true elixir of life and survival. With the efficient use of water, it will be quite easy to burst the carbon bubble and hit the dominance of fossil fuel exporting economies on our politics, society and culture. This is possible now. And the magic is created by none other than Hydrogen based eH2fuel. Hydrogen based eH2Fuel is indeed, fuel flavor of the 21 century. It is different from hydrocarbon structure like oil, coal and natural gas only in one aspect- it contains no ‘Carbon’. But absence of this content makes it clean, safe and affordable. It makes our life less expensive and safer. When it comes to energy, it is the cleanest fuel as there is no carbon content in eH2Fuel and may be converted into electricity and vice-versa, with higher efficiency than any of the fossil fuel currently in use. eH2Fuel may be called the most universal fuel because it may be used by any and all applications where fossil fuels are used today, without or with only minor modifications, mainly due to its significantly higher energy content.
2. More importantly, it is over 1000% cheaper than any fossil fuel that we use? The driving factor behind advancement of technologies has been profit. The need for higher valuations, larger volume, and higher profit margin for the shareholders has been the primary factor in technological innovation or business decision since the beginning of modern civilization. The U.S. has the capacity to become not just champion and leader for democracy but the real leader in GLOBAL ENERGY SOLUTION, introducing and delivering the most profitable product that the whole world needs by using the most revolutionary technology in the world. The U.S. should also set up standards for avoidance of Global Warming and CO2 emissions - one of the most serious and expensive global problems that the entire humanity face. Since fossil fuel leads to multiple threats to human existence itself, why do we promote fossil fuels and spending money on it? Answer is simple. It is this undue focus on fossil fuel that keeps the oil producers in business across the world. Remember the recent “too big to fail” public bail out fiasco with the banks? This is similar... yet much, much bigger. Even if we do not buy fossil fuel and stop providing political support to the greedy oil, coal and natural gas producers, our energy needs‘ will certainly be met and we will be able to drive and provide light and heat for our homes’ . But we must first of all agree ourselves that all negative problems with fossil fuels are now fully avoidable. FACT SHEET: There is an urgent need for the validation of many facts that are typically missing in discussions and most of the papers that describe hydrogen and its energy. The major problems with our fossil fuels are related to its carbon content. Why? Because carbon is major component of all fossil fuels- ranging anywhere from 45% up to 92% of its composition- depending the type, and where the fuels where found. Carbon content in fuels and in any combustion (burning) process will not function without oxygen and provide only limited amount of heat. But because it must combine with oxygen even for burning; by default it creates CO2 and becomes the major pollutant. It is our biggest headache and the most expensive dimension in the fight against Global Warming. Carbon happens to be one of the most versatile of all elements and $5 of products may be manufactured from each gallon of oil. With it, we can make materials that are lighter than aluminum, stronger than steel and that conduct heat or electricity better than copper.
3. Carbon is a major component of thousands of products that are essential for our life in the modern world and there is no need any more to burn it as part of our fuel security because there is a much better and cheaper way!! Minimum energy content of kg of eH2Fuel is (142 MJ/kg) or 39.7 kWh/kg. It contains the same amount of energy as ~2.6 kg/5.72 lb of natural gas or ~3.3 kg/1.2 gal of gasoline. 1 kilowatt-hour = 3412 BTU 1kg Hydrogen H2 + O2-142 990 kilojoules = 135 456.4 Btu = 39.7 kilowatt hours 1kg Natural gas CH4+ air-55 528 kilojoules = 52 544.8 Btu = 15.4 kilowatt hours 1kg Carbon C (s) + air-32 794 kilojoules = 31 049.2 Btu = 9.1 kilowatt hours 1kg Gasoline (l) * air- 41 000 kilojoules = 40 602.8 Btu =11.9 kilowatt hours eH2Fuel on kg/kg basis has over 14 times the energy of coal, 3.7 times the energy of natural gas and 3.3 times the heat energy of gasoline. Therefore hydrogen will always be more efficient at least by those differences of more energy content. Why is the above data important? Because eH2Fuel has the highest energy content, it shows all the properties of hydrocarbon fuels and works exactly the same way or far better than the other options. It has more energy per mass kg/lb than oil, coal and natural gas combined. It may be produced on demand in few minutes; no need to wait millions of years to be created like oil, coal and natural gas reserves. It doesn’t need to be stored or transported because it is produced on demand, where it is used cheaper and cleaner and precisely the amount the application need all the time, anytime, anyplace no matter if it is kg/lb or thousand kg/lb per hour without any technical restrictions. If we use hydrogen in more efficient systems like CHP ImPS – Independent micro Power Station where combined efficiency is reaching 96%, the economy of hydrogen fuel should be obviously remarkable. Ton of Heptanes (base of gasoline (petroleum) contains ~113 kg/248.6 lb of hydrogen- the true fuel, and 886 kg/1949 lb of carbon along with 1kg/2.2 lb of impurities, the major pollutant, the stuff that oil companies are trying desperately to clean up and remove from their fuels. Water has the highest concentration of hydrogen of any known, stable, non-carbon substance and is safely bound with Oxygen.
4. In every ton of water there is 111.89 kg/246.14 lb of pure hydrogen. It is the cleanest and most practical and affordable fuel that may be easily and cheaply extracted. No carbon is ever needed to be involved!!! We could not device better energy storage than nature already providing for us, created billions of years go. There is no less or more water than there was when humans entered the scene. We can’t make it and we can’t destroy it just as the 1st law dictates. (The 1st Law of Thermodynamics simply states that energy can be neither created nor destroyed (conservation of energy). Thus power generation processes and energy sources actually involve conversion of energy from one form to another, rather than creation of energy from nothing). But we may use the difference in energy released from combustion and transformation of its elements back to water creating never ending cycle. Hydrogen is the main and only important ingredient in all the fuels, the carbon in any combustion process is the “pollutant” and undesirable part… the one we are trying to clean up (Decarbonizing our fuels).Oil companies reluctantly spend billions to remove it from their fuels so that they will be allowed to keep selling their fuels globally. World over, through taxes, we spend trillions of dollars trying unsuccessfully to remove it from our atmosphere and escape from the threat of Global Warming. The West may not be self-sufficient in oil anymore, but it is blessed with a yet untapped wealth of much larger energy storage source “WATER”. Municipal tap water in most countries range from 2-7 dollars per 1000 liters/264.2 gal/ ton, from which Hydrogen cycle based eH2Fuel -- is capable of powering plants both large and small and generating unlimited electricity, our new fuel for electric vehicles. This fuel can be now generated far cheaper than any fossil fuel we use now, it cost just below 50 cents per kg/2.2 lb to produce assuming 10 cents per kWh electricity in U.S. Just a prospective: One inch of rain falling on one acre of surface if collected represents 27,200 gallons of water(gal/3.785 liters) that equals to 102 952 liters/kilos or almost 103 tons of fresh water, that = to 11 523 kg or ~11.5 ton of eH2Fuel per acre may be produced. 11.5 ton of eH2Fuel will displace as much as 207 ton/ 1517 bbl of oil or 63 727 gal of gasoline and with the true cost of $15 gal that equals to $ 955 905.00 saved by collecting water from one acre of land. No imported oil is necessary; one inch/ acre of water collected is free domestic resource and will avoid spending close to million dollars and sending money to unfriendly nations. But what we may do very effectively is waste less from the energy that is available to us.
5. How? A tank of gasoline has a certain potential energy that is converted into kinetic energy by the engine. The engine has only 13% of efficiency. When the potential is used up, you're out of gas! But we wasted 87% of perfectly good energy locked in fuel. Burning coal to generate electricity is only 30-38% efficient and for every 100 ton of coal, 62-70% of energy contained in the coal is completely wasted. But there are completely valid and proven systems that are already used and have 90% efficiency range for electric car and 96% for combined heat and power. This can be achieved by using the energy rather than wasting it. Over 70% of our globe is covered with oceans with average depth of 2.9 miles, estimated to be around 340 million cubic miles. (We already burned through half of Oil reserves estimated at very questionable unproven 30- 40 cubic miles still in ground). 200 Million tons of ocean water is available for every person on earth, family of five “owns” enough sea water to fill lake 6 miles by 6 miles and 40 feet deep. Hydrogen is safely stored in this vast amount of water in our oceans, lakes and rivers and polar ice caps. The calorific value of a fuel depends upon the nature of the fuel and the relative proportions of the elements present, increasing with increasing amounts of hydrogen. More hydrogen improves the quality of the fuel. Gasoline and diesel doesn’t have much use outside of internal combustion engine. Gasoline (C8H18) The chemical formula for water is H2O and the chemical formula of gasoline is C8H18. By molecular weight; C8*12 = 96g and H18*2 = 36g The real purpose of the Carbon atoms in the hydrocarbon fuel source, are simply to act as a storage system for the hydrogen which is the true fuel just like hydrogen is stored in water. Gasoline contains ~ 120 MJ/US gal equals to 3.785 liters, weights on average 2.8 kg/6.16 lb with heating value of about 42.86 MJ/kg that translate to 11.93 kWh/kg. The C8 portion is - 2.4 kg/5.28 lb -- 86% carbon. When we burn gallon of gasoline in engine, we are primarily burning carbon mixed with 13% of hydrogen and some sulfur with oxygen in air and inescapably creating 8.78 kg/19.32 lb of CO2 emissions. Net gain from the 11.93 kWh of energy locked in gasoline is only 1.55 kWh work performed (moving the car) while 10.38 kWh is utterly wasted to engine inefficiency. Carbon in any burning process is the pollutant that oil industry is reluctantly trying to remove, (De-carbonizing our fuels) or at least clean up by rather costly efforts by refineries to comply with stricter clean air regulations so they are able to keep selling us their fossil based products. As a society, globally we spend trillions and fail to remove it from our atmosphere.
6. The carbon in any combustion (burning) process is reacting with oxygen unavoidably producing CO2 and every kg/2.2 lbs of carbon, whether contained in petrol, diesel, kerosene, or any other hydrocarbon fuel in a vehicle, leads to approximately 3.66 kg of CO2 emissions. The H18 is hydrogen; the other part of the gasoline is the good stuff and the one we want to keep. So why not use only hydrogen that doesn’t have all the bad stuff in it, after all it is cheaper, cleaner and we have much more of water than oil. That is precisely the problem for oil companies, how you attach meter and make money selling fuel from water that anybody can make in their home just by turning on the tap and little bit of electricity. For illustration, it takes 7000 liters (1,850 gallons) of water to refine only one barrel of crude oil to usable products such as gasoline or diesel. If 7000 liters of water is used for generating clean eH2Fuel, it will produce 308 693 kWh, deducting 4% for losses, it would allow to generate 296 000 kWh of clean power to use. The 296 000 net kWh that may be generated from 7000 liters of water and takes to process only one barrel of oil would run 72 Nissan Leaf cars for one year using 12 000 miles as a yearly driving habit. According to the US EPA, the Nissan Leaf consumes 34 kWh for 100 miles. At a grid electricity cost of $0.11/kWh, driving 100 miles would only cost $3.74. A comparably sized gasoline engine car giving 33 mpg would travel 1386 miles on 42 gallons of gasoline (1 barrel) and it would cost about $168 at the current price of gasoline in US ($4.00/gallon) and $294 in the EU based on ($7.00/gallon). However; with the true cost of gasoline of $ 15 gal, 42 gallons cost $630 or $0.45 mile compared to cost of $6.93 to travel 1386 miles by electric car charged at home by eH2Fuel/ImPS at less than 2 cents per kWh. With all “Externalized” Economic Costs Included; means the “Hidden Costs” that doesn’t show in price at the pump but we non less pay through taxes would raise price of a gallon of gasoline to about $15, a fill-up would be over $300. The true cost of driving cars on gasoline and diesel is much, much higher that political leaders are willing to openly admit. There are number of different estimates but it is likely to be very close to $15 per gallon. Assuming ~13% efficiency of car engine = 87% energy from gasoline is lost and only 1.57 kWh is moving the car which is like driving our cars with true cost of gasoline $ 15 gal. Here, we are wasting the fuel, polluting our environment at burning our money, at staggering $ 9.50 per kWh!!! , when price of retail electricity is 12 cents per kWh. It is not reflecting the additional cost of environmental damage and other societal costs are not included in price of power. Adding all external cost may raise cost of electricity 3 to 4 times to just below 50 cents per kWh; driving electric cars are by far cheaper and produce no CO2 emissions. So when you spend $ 60 to fill your tank $ 52.20 of your money is actually totally wasted. Coal is primarily used in power generation with only ~ 30-38% efficiency some 62-70% of the heat value in coal is totally wasted.
7. Assuming $ 100 per ton pulverized/ready to burn coal; $62 to $70 is completely wasted not counting the additional ~ 10% in electrical transmissions losses to get the electricity to our houses. Cheap and unlimited clean energy, it sounds good, doesn't it? Sure it does, at least to the consumer. It is amazing to think about affordable clean hydrogen fuel from water which will never run out. This is a fuel that can be produced by anyone. But the oil industry still insists and lie to us that getting hydrogen from water and energy out of hydrogen fuel is impossible because, when hydrogen is burned, more energy is needed than energy gained. Only way we can have hydrogen energy according to them is to have them extract it from hydrocarbons. That way we will have to pay them for it, as we do for gasoline now. Even if they have to create these hydrocarbons themselves from Carbon and Water and then split (reform) these artificially created hydrocarbons, again using water, in order to end up with the hydrogen that they want to sell. “Oil is a greasy business” Calouste Gulbenkian as quoted in The Seven Sisters Calouste Gulbenkian: “Mr. Five Percent,” long ago discovered a basic truth about oil. Oil generates a great deal of money and in last six years more than ever before. The “pen may be mightier than the sword,” but money trumps the pen! Jessup’s Law: politicians can’t handle the truth because they fear their electorates. The result is almost always an inferior solution to an energy dilemma. At $100 oil, OPEC’s market capitalization based on its un/proven?? Reserves stands today at roughly $92 trillion. This is about half of the world’s total financial assets or almost twice the market capitalization of all the companies traded in the world’s top 27 stock markets. For America, and EU, a perpetuation of the petroleum standard protecting our own oil industry guarantees a metastasizing sovereignty loss, economic and political decline and eventual enslavement to OPEC and its whims. With our global predicament of Global Warming, the perfect knowledge of global coal oil and natural gas resources may become irrelevant, since most of the fuel in the ground will likely remain undisturbed, too costly to mine, and too polluting to burn. However, much more important… Energy is all about heat and Btu’s and cleaner and more efficient the better! Energy Independence is now in reach for all countries.
8. This is the only technology without any limitation and has the full capability over next twenty years to completely displace burning of fossil fuels and avoid the majority of CO2 emissions and reverse the Global Warming if we are the only one responsible. Humanity has evolved from wood to fossil and soon to Hydrogen based fuel, and in the process; the carbon content in our atmosphere will be reduced and we evolve towards a cleaner society.....and more pristine environment fundamental for humanity survival. But, greater efficiencies and mandated global warming gas reductions, by themselves, are not enough to adequately address the unprecedented crisis of global warming and global peak oil. Looking to the future, we must help our governments to explore this new energy path and help establish new economic models with the goal of achieving as close to zero carbon emissions as possible. Any properly designed no carbon cycle will be over 1000% cheaper. The cleanest and most economical Energy System (ES) is ImPS. Using eH2Fuel without Carbon content produced from Water at fraction of the fossil fuel cost, it operates in full harmony with the environment. This will ultimately make our fossil fuels based energy system obsolete and irrelevant. First stage; in power generation, cheap and clean electricity may be generated with less than 2 cents kWh, to fuel our transportation in fast transition to Hydrogen Energy and Economy. Easy retrofit of existing plants paid from enormous fuels cost savings. Savings in regulatory compliance may be achieved in months rather than years. Second stage; transition from central to individual power generation will put an end to wasting money and resources in low efficiency energy transfers. Part of the 2 stage will ensure that every future car put on the road is an EV car, and long distance fleet trucks and busses run on eH2Fuel generated on board from water a domestic feedstock, with NO CARBON. This new feature will enable us to generate our own fuel and run any IC engine more efficiently and cleaner with only water vapor coming out. A non-fossil future is highly desirable and inevitable, but a civilization built on fossil fuels is ginormous and may take some time to implement the necessary scale largely due to long life cycles of power plants typically some 40 years, and average lifetime of ICE car is 17 years. But we may speed up the process considerably. How? By simply retrofitting all existing coal, biomass, waste and oil fired power plants. There are over 50 000 of them around the world. eH2Fuel/ImPS – complete energy producing system may be built in any size from 1 kW per hour to million kWh per hour or more, and anything in between and in many different variations. This pair has the potential to render competition from any fossil fuels completely irrelevant. It is just as easy as to attach meter to this system without creating environmental disaster as one oil and central power generating utilities use now and ten times more as profitable. The fossil fuels energy providers must decide if it is better business to join in and go clean and help themselves to create structured and orderly transition to Hydrogen Energy and Economy without much
9. financial damage. They can even become the leaders in new hydrogen energy age, or keep fighting the change to protect their status quo at whatever the cost and at the end loose inevitably. Replacing the Carbon Cycle Why do we turn our face away from this magical remedy to save our energy, environment and the entire humanity???? The implementation and operational mechanism, nevertheless, need political will power and future vision. Oil producers want to sell the oil first to the last drop no matter what damage their products create, because they never made more money they do now, but not paying anything for the environmental and health damage that the use of their product cause. We pick up the tab for that in our taxes, thanks to fossil fuel lobby, national security interests in oil as strategic commodity and our willing politicians’. Join me in our most important cause. Let’s make sure that our politicians identify with the real solution and not by protecting the fossil fuels industry problems. Genie is out of the box – never underestimate power of masses, and power of cheap. In the past, kings lost their heads and in recent history, governments fell when masses join together for a cause and demand regime change. Energy change is a must and indispensible because our human survival is at stake. eH2Fuel is Domestic Energy Source Will provide energy independence Will be economic without subsidies Will not increase use of fossil fuels Will not increase prices of other sectors (like food) Will not create additional environmental problems Will substantially reduce CO2 and threat of GW Will create millions of new long term job opportunities Will provide independence from fossil fuels Will reduce dependency on all energy imports Will guarantee security of energy supply Will reverse the negative world trends Crazy enough to think we can change the world! Ready to build new energy companies? I want to share everything I know to help you see a bigger picture! We need help in crushing this fossil fuels party.
10. We need: • Experienced business personnel/entrepreneurs to join startup teams in every country • Experienced CEO’s/CFO’s/Lawyers to mentor startup teams • Students to help with market research and business plans • Angels/Venture Capitalists and Investors to provide early stage funding Business and Individuals should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges; Undertake initiatives and supporting role to promote greater environmental responsibility, and; Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies. Companies that pursue eH2Fuel sustainable approach can generate benefits from the following: Cost savings through improved efficiencies; Enhanced revenue as a result of related products, services, and technologies; Building corporate and brand reputation; Improving employee and community health; Helping to create sustainable societies and new markets. While more and more companies have embraced environmental sustainability as a management imperative, it is also clear that even more comprehensive strategies and actions will be required if eH2Fuel related business is to reach its full potential with respect to global and local environmental challenges. If you are interested to join our teams please contact me to discuss. firstname.lastname@example.org
L'Arbre à Vent, système éolien innovant en forme d'Arbre dont les feuilles agissen...
Perspectives on German-Norwegian Energy Cooperation Kåre Fostervold, State Secre...
Interconnecting Germany and Norway: Nordlink in the Context of Energy Security, ...
Value Creation by Interconnecting Norwegian Hydro and European Markets in Transiti...
Putting a Price on Security of Supply – Capacity Mechanisms Stefan Göbel, Head o...
Fossil fuel companies should start accounting for the risk that their vast reserves may ultimately end up as stranded assets, says ACCA’s Rachel Jackson ...
The numbers were set out in a report called ''Unburnable Carbon'', which was released last year by the Carbon Tracker Initiative, a group of analysts and ...
I admit it. I felt sorry for those poor, duped oil, gas and coal company investors back during the early part of 2015. Many of these guys, fed a constant ...
Fresh predictions of a worldwide economic collapse are beginning to gather pace, with warnings voiced that up to $6trn could be tied up in stranded carbon ...
One of the world’s fastest-growing social movements is calling for citizens and institutions to sell out of fossil fuels – but it’s not just a matter ...
Kevin Gallagher: The world economy may be recovering, but inaction on climate change could cost far more than the current financial crisis
Carbon Bubble according to data by the Carbon Tracker Initiative 2013. A carbon bubble is the idea ... a disruptive "bursting of the carbon bubble".
As with the housing bubble, the carbon bubble is based on the expectation that we are in a never-ending bull market: energy will always be available in ...
Could fossil fuel divestment end our emissions addiction and prevent the ... Can Fossil Fuel Divestment Prevent The Carbon Bubble From Bursting?
bursting the “carbon bubble” global issues with extinguishing the worlds dependence on fossil fuel