Published on October 15, 2014
1. Bull’s-Eye: Targeting Your Website and Email in Blackbaud NetCommunity™ SEAN PATRICK HOLLAND
2. Tweet this now #bbcon #LearnLab #BlackbaudNetCommunity #SeanPatrickHolland 2 #bbcon
3. Agenda • Segment email content using conditional formatting • Customize webpage content using targeting and security 3 #bbcon
4. Overview 4 #bbcon
5. Ways to Target Content Pages 5 #bbcon Email Content Parts
6. Setting up Roles 6 #bbcon
7. Types of Roles Visitors 7 #bbcon Alumni Members Donors
8. Roles Determine Targeting • Roles determine the content users see. • Roles can be created using a query or by manually adding 8 #bbcon users. • The Everyone role is included with Blackbaud NetCommunity and includes all visitors to your site whether logged in or not. • Targeted content can encourage people to visit your website.
9. Demonstration 9 #bbcon
10. Targeting Pages and Parts 10 #bbcon
11. Target Pages 11 #bbcon • Entire pages can be created for specific roles, for example, board members. • You can target the entire page so that only board members can access it.
12. Demonstration 12 #bbcon
13. Target Parts on a Page 13 #bbcon Targeting & Security Tab • Use this tab if a user does or does not see a part. • For example, if multiple parts are on one page, a user could see them all depending on their Role membership. Targeted Content Part • Use this part if a user should see one thing or another. • You can have as many parts as you need. • The order of the parts on a page determines who sees what.
14. Demonstration 14 #bbcon
15. Previewing Targeted Content 15 #bbcon In the View as field, select Everyone. Click View to preview the targeted content.
16. Add Conditional Content to Emails 16 #bbcon
17. Conditional Content in Emails 17 #bbcon Recipient List Determines who receives the email message. Conditional Content Displays only for certain recipients. Email
18. Demonstration 18 #bbcon
19. Summary • Segment email content using conditional formatting • Use roles, recipient lists, and conditional content to determine who receives emails • Customize webpage content using targeting and security • Use the targeting options and security settings to determine which pages and parts are available for each role 19 #bbcon
20. Steps to Create a Role 1 On the toolbar, click Users & Security. 2 Click Roles. 3 Click New Roles. 4. Enter a Role name. 5. Select an existing role and copy security rights from this role. 6. Select a query to base the role on or select the Members tab to manually add users. 7. Click Save. 20 #bbcon
21. Steps to Target a Page 1 On the toolbar, click Site Explorer. 2 Click Pages & Templates. 3 Create a page or open an existing page. 4 Click Page properties. 5 Select Targeting and security. 6 Click Add users and roles to assign permissions. 7 Select the View and Edit checkboxes as necessary. 8 Click Save. 21 #bbcon
22. Steps to Target a Part 1 On the toolbar, click Site Explorer. 2 Click Parts. 3 Create a part or open an existing part. 4 Select Targeting and security. 5 Click Add users and roles to assign permissions. 6 Select the View and Edit checkboxes as necessary. 7 Click Save. 22 #bbcon
23. Steps to Create a Targeted Content Part 1 On the toolbar, click Site Explorer. 2 Click Parts. 3 Click New part. 4 Define part properties. 5 Click Next. 6 Click Add New Part to create a part or click Add Existing Part to add parts you have already created. Note: Correct targeting for roles and users takes place on the individual parts which are then added to the Targeting Content Part. 7 After all parts are added, drag and drop the parts into the preferred order. 8 Click Save. 23 #bbcon
24. Steps to Add Conditional Content to Emails 1 Create an email message. 2 Select the Insert tab. 3 Click Conditional Content. 4 Enter a conditional block name, and then click Insert. 5 Click Add Condition. 6 Select a query or enter a list of recipients. 7 Enter the conditional content to display. 8 Repeat steps 5-7 to add additional conditional content. 9 Click Save. 24 #bbcon
25. Are you pumped up and ready to go? Don’t forget to complete a session survey! Each completed survey enters you into a drawing to win a complimentary registration to bbcon 2015 in Austin, Texas*. *Blackbaud reserves the right to change or withdraw this promotion at any time, without advance notice. Promotion has no cash value and may not be exchanged, applied to, or combined with any other offer. 25 #bbcon
26. Training and Certification Make Your Daily Tasks Easier Execute Faster Increase Your Effectiveness Visit the Expo’s Training Booth 26 #bbcon
This package reviews your NetCommunity™ website against ... This package reviews your NetCommunity™ email ... Are you currently a Blackbaud ...
Blackbaud NetCommunity Spark activates your site ... Blackbaud NetCommunity Pro takes your website to ... via email or on your website. With Blackbaud ...
Connect your supporters, and they will connect with you. Blackbaud is one of the leading fundraising websites for nonprofits because of NetCommunity.
Blackbaud® NetCommunity™ Fundamentals: Maintaining an Online Presence ... Blackbaud NetCommunity website ... Blackbaud NetCommunity o Describe user mail ...
... in Blackbaud NetCommunity Sending Email Messages in Blackbaud NetCommunity Targeting ... on Your NetCommunity Website Sending an Email in ...
Blackbaud NetCommunity; ... We want to hear from you! Please find our contact information for ... please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your feedback is ...
Blackbaud NetCommunity; ... http://www.blackbaud.co.uk/ Email. ... Consultation and search engine marketing support for the Blackbaud family of websites by ...