Published on March 16, 2016
1. Brand Yo’self 4.0 Kelsey Schriver September 10, 2015
2. About AdInk • Advertising club at Northwest • Our purpose is to help students interested in advertising learn about advertising • Two big events: • AAF-KC’s Career Day • Off Broadway • Guest speakers, agency visits, networking opportunities, professional portraits, real world experiences.
3. About me • Interactive Digital Media: New Media major, Advertising minor • AAF-KC foundation scholar x2 • Events attended: • AAF-KC Career Day • Gas Can Creative Conference • NWMSU Career Day and Mock Interview Day • Current position: Digital Intern with Eagle Communications in St. Joseph
4. 1 2 3 4 5 Branding Résumé Business Cards Portfolios Social Media
6. Branding Social Website Resume & Business Cards • Basics of a good brand:
13. Résumés • One page with references on separate page • Cater résumé to job you are applying for • Use action/power words • Leave photos off • Keep high school information off unless you are one in a million Power Words: Trained Built Introduced Strengthened Directed Oversaw Improved Planned Managed Increased Solved Initiated
14. Résumés • Readability > Creativity • Go outside of word template • Don’t be afraid to have more than one • Ask for help • Career Services • Academic Advisers • Mentors
15. Résumés • Be aware of: • Your audience • Computer programs reading your résumé • Font issues (always use PDF) • Colors and graphic elements
16. Objective Education Experience Skills
17. Education Experience Skills
18. Education Relevant Experience Skills Highlights
19. Business Cards
20. Business Cards • Directs people to your website • Convenient when trying to get contacts and develop your network MOO: $19.99 for 50 cards Thicker cards Vistaprint: $20 for 100 (one-side cards) Cheap, great for starters Office Depot: $9.99 for 100 cards Quick turn around MOTTO: “Be so good they can’t ignore you.”
21. Networking • Hand those business cards out! • When talking to professionals, be smart about what you talk about. • What is your favorite thing about the place you work? • Describe the culture of your workplace • Who are your clients (research this before networking events) • Be genuinely interested in what they are saying if you don’t want to work there. Networking tip: Networking is difficult at first, but get out of your shell and I promise you won’t regret it. What’s the point? You are cultivating relationships. People know people who know people.
23. Traditional Portfolios • Up to 10 pieces • Leave out high school work • Purchase professional book Digital Portfolios • Use same pieces as traditional • Upload word documents via Scribd.com • Showcase additional, more flashy work • Add personal “flair”
24. Digital Portfolios • Purchase branded URLS • NC.ME is giving out FREE domains for people with .edu email addresses • Create mobile site • Templates make it easy • Unless you want to write script then you shouldn’t use template. Portfolio sites: Weebly Wix Squarespace Blogger Flavors.Me Shown’d deviantART PortfolioBox Tumblr Flickr
25. Social Media
26. Contribute to conversation Personalize profile Make yourself easily searchable Social Media • Ambra Benjamin, Recruiter at Facebook • “I care less about what (potential hires) are saying but more about who is following them” • Social profiles and résumés • Contribute to conversations with companies that you might apply or work for in the future Post frequently
27. LinkedIn • Digital resume • Connect with people you network with About.Me • Networking • Put shortened link in your email signature Behance & Dribble • Post creative projects • Share ideas Twitter • Follow industry influencers • Contribute to conversations Facebook • Share links to relevant stories • Keep content clean and semi-professional Before posting on ANY site, stop and think. “Would my grandmother like to see this?”
28. LinkedIn • Customize your url • Get involved in groups • Share relevant articles • Show examples of your work • Send messages to people you are not connected to • Request introductions • Recommendations/Endorsements For networking:
29. Twitter • Get professional headshot taken (With AdInk!) • Search and follow hashtags • Search for jobs by location, titles and hashtags • Show knowledge and interest • Keep up with relevant trends in the industry
30. BrandYourself.com • SEO for your website • Points added and bumped with free version • Bump more posts with paid version
31. Itchin’ for more? • Twitter - @NW_AdInk • Facebook – NW AdInk • Portfolio tips website: Nwjobs.blogspot.com/p/portfolio- tips.html • A copy of this presentation will be available at adink.org/BrandYourself Our first meeting is TONIGHT at 4pm in Meeting Room A #AdCats
32. THANK YOUThank You! Adink.org/ brandyourself
BrandYourself4.0 - Free download as PDF File (.pdf), Text file (.txt) or view presentation slides online. Headed by Kelsey Schriver, presented on campus ...
Amazon.com: Inside Yourself: Godsmack: MP3 Downloads Amazon Try Prime Digital ... Shopbop Designer Fashion Brands: Soap.com Health, Beauty & Home Essentials:
( Brand: Restar ), ( MPN: RestarAL0005-BK ), Review (mpn: restaral0005-bk for sale) RESTARAL0005-BK Rf Ppt Powerpoint Usb 2.4ghz Al0005 Wireless Control ...
What is a brand guideline? A brand guideline is the basic directions for which Siteimprove's brand is designed and should be perceived.
Which radio brands are at the top on Facebook ? Details Category: What's New Published on Tuesday, 09 July 2013 13:31 The June Facebook Report by Social ...
Amazon.com: Brand New Year: Shedaisy: MP3 Downloads Amazon Try Prime Digital ... 2. Santa's Got a Brand New Bag (5/5) - A SHeDAISY original, ...
Brands; BioChem; BSN; Dymatize Nutrition; Jarrow Formulas; Maximum Human Performance, LLC; MRM; Muscle Pharm; Muscletech; Now Foods; Optimum Nutrition ...
Does it matter to brands whether consumers trust them or not? ©Europanel 4 OVERVIEW How can you build trust? Does trust matter? Who do consumers
Brand new to Forum and Diabetes. Page 1 of 2: 1: 2 > Shared Thread: Thread Tools: 10-30-2010, 19:05 #1: lindylou. Active Member . Join Date: Oct 2010.