Published on October 3, 2014
1. Brainstorming and Outlines (Try Mind Mapping, n.d.)
2. Overview • Learning Objectives • Advantages of planning your writing • How to brainstorm • Choose a topic and practice • Generate an outline • Feedback
3. Presented by: The Learning Curve Assiniboine Community College For appointments, please contact Student Services: Room 235 (Victoria Ave) 204-725-8700 (ext. 6639) This presentation can be viewed and downloaded here: http://bit.ly/
4. Objectives • Practice brainstorming using XMind™ software • Generate new ideas • Organize, prioritize and structure ideas • Formulate a complete and logical outline
5. Advantages (O'Mealia, 2011)
6. Getting Started Use XMind ™ ("Welcome to Xmind," n.d.)
7. How to Brainstorm Effectively • Place that topic in the center of the page • Record ideas that come to mind • Draw branches from the main topic • Be concise (single words/phrases) • Draw lines between ideas • Look for connections • Have fun with it! (Brain Idea and Problem, 2014)
8. Choose a topic
9. Generate an Outline (Saurette, 2014)
10. References References Brain idea and problem solving [Image]. (2014). Retrieved from http://www.gograph.com/illustration/brain-idea-and-problem-solving-gg60556377.html How to make a mind map. (n.d.). Retrieved 2014, from http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Mind- Map O'Mealia, S. (2011). How can prewriting strategies benefit students? (Master's thesis, St. John Fisher College, Rochester, NY). Saurette, M. (2014). Outline [Table; Xmind map]. Try mind mapping [Image]. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://upbeatmarketing.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/try-mind-mapping-mind-map2. gif?w=640 Welcome to xmind. (n.d.). Retrieved 2014, from http://www.xmind.net/
15+ simple to use brainstorming techniques (free Powerpoint and PDF downloads available for each activity)
We did a strategic workshop with various stakeholders to achieve a shared understanding of the ... Stormboard is an online brainstorming and collaboration ...
Brainstorming helps you develop creative solutions to a problem, and is particularly useful when you need to break out of stale thinking patterns. Includes ...
Brainstorm Web & Template Brainstorming is an activity that stimulates the mind and produces multiple ideas around the topic. There are many variations to ...
Focus Groups, Brainstorming Sessions, and Large Group Planning ... brainstorming workshop involves eight to ten ... the facilitator or moderator outlines
2 4 The NetSyMoD CSM workshops Modelling and Literature Stakeholders/ Experts Input Shared understanding brainstorming 5 Hodgson’s Hexagons Brainstorming:
43 Responses to “How to run a brainstorming meeting ... Uh, actually, writers do workshops all the time to refine their ideas. And musicians JAM.
Free workshops formats and guidelines, how to run training workshops, plus free online business training for management, sales, marketing, project ...