Published on October 21, 2014
1. Beyond the POC Adopting NServiceBus
2. Introduction Adam Fyles Solution Architect Using NSB since v1.9 NServiceBus Champ Upstate NY, US Contact Info adamfyles.blogspot.com email@example.com
3. The tablescape Regional Grocery Retailer - Wine & Spirits - Restaurants 90+ Stores in 6 states Millions of customers Medium to large IT department (~250) Extremely high volume stores
4. Let me in! Lots of competitive products, why do we need another one? Batch jobs work just fine! Lack of SOA understanding Operations used to FTP
5. The progression Pub/Sub Sagas Point to Point Load Balancing
6. Load Balancing: OMS Determines how to best source product in the supply chain based on demand Inherently batch based due to wave planning in either WMS or MFG Requires massive throughput (by order line item) in a tight window No commercial system could do it without heavy custom configuration and a ridiculous amount of hardware Team was experienced PowerBuilder developers
7. Solution Solution was to decompose orders and optimize by distribution “network” Run aggregate demand through with the Distributor Distributor Worker 1 Worker 2 DB WMS Transportation Publish Orders Order Entry Order Entry Order Entry
8. Distributor Demo
9. Master Data Forecasted Orders Store Supply Chain Proliferation Corporate Purchased WMS Integration Endpoint HTTP DataBus Purchased CAO Other Systems
10. DataBus Customization Demo
11. Takeaways… Replaying messages!! Required more DevOps MSDTC Tricks Stay inside the stack
12. Point 2 Point: Mobile Built an entire REST API around all of our Marketing tools Products Recipes Shopping Lists Online Ordering Search Ratings and Reviews It must be fast and durable!
13. Request/Response is not an option
14. Mobile Solution Solution was point to point integration to backend systems of record Flaky DB Mobile API View Model Reads Writes Web 3rd Party Writes NSB
15. Customer Facing Proliferation API Reads RX Portal Offisite Vendor RX System Writes NSB Writes Customer Care RX Service Desk
16. Custom Fault Manager Demo
17. Takeaways… Asynchronous performs well Messaging trumps fragile backends Leverage local resources
18. Pub/Sub: Pricing Legacy Mainframe System Lots of price changes Wide Distribution Network All Stores – POS, Scales, Signs Online – Web, mobile, email
19. Legacy Integration Find the weak point where you can enter the host
20. Solution DB Publisher Mobile Email Web Signs Scales POS Mainframe CDC
21. Workflow: Benefits Registration Series of questions Plan selection Open window of opportunity
22. Solution Step 1 Step 2 Step 3 SharePoint Site NServiceBus Saga Storage Reporting Metrics
23. Takeaways… Don’t reinvent the wheel Focus on business process
24. Sum it up!
Speaker: Matt Stine Developing for the Cloud Track Marc Andressen has famou...
This presentation explains how to develop a Web API in Java using (JAX-RS or Restl...
How to bring innovation to your organization by streamlining the deployment proces...
Cisco Call-control solutions can handle voice, video and data
Nathan Sharp of Siemens Energy recently spoke at the SAP Project Management in Atl...
NSBCon 2014 - The "All About NServiceBus" conference ... Beyond the POC: Adopting NServiceBus. Advanced NServiceBus Deployment Kijana Woodard
NSBCon NYC 2014 - All about NServiceBus ... both adopting NServiceBus to accomplish their goals of scaling the consumption of massive ... Beyond the POC, ...
How Google broke the OSS compact with Angular ... Google does deal with Microsoft that will see AngularJS 2 adopting ... The original POC ...
... internal and external, and contributing to broader goals and growth beyond the scope of a single or your current project.
For information on obtaining additional copies, reprinting or translating articles, and all other correspondence, please contact: Em...
On vous propose de venir vous détendre avec nous le temps d'une soirée, que se soit pour faire une pause pendant vos révisions, de souffler après les ...
Search for available job openings at Dell ... Search our Job Opportunities at DELL