Published on October 9, 2014
1. Business & Financial Information Resources for Banking & International Finance Students Samantha Halford Subject Librarian, Cass Undergraduates firstname.lastname@example.org 020 7040 4151 www.city.ac.uk/library
2. www.city.ac.uk/library Online: most databases are available for you use at home as well as on campus. However, some can only be accessed on particular computers in the libraries. • Find the link using the library catalogue: http://www.city.ac.uk/library • To identify which database to use: http://libguides.city.ac.uk/banking Other username and passwords available on Moodle or from the Library service desk. How do I access databases?
3. www.city.ac.uk/library What we’ll look at today: • CityLibrary Search and Literature search databases • Bloomberg • Thomson One • Datastream • Eikon • MorningStar Direct • WRDS (Wharton Research Data Services) • Bureau Van Dijk: Bankscope, Fame, Orbis, Zephyr • Newspapers • PI Navigator • SDC Platinum 10 Minute Break around 12:00
4. www.city.ac.uk/library Key Business Information Databases Only available on specific PCs: • Bloomberg • Datastream • Eikon • MorningStar Direct • Other very specialist databases at Bunhill Row: see Cass Library Services pages for details. Available online anywhere: • Fame • Orbis • Bankscope • Zephyr • PI Navigator (used to be called Perfect Filings) • WRDS Thomson One Slightly different: Thomson One is available on-campus, and Thomson One Banker can be used from off- campus using a separate username and password.
5. General Starting Point: CityLibrarySearch www.city.ac.uk/library Use the search box on the Library website: look for subject words or company names. CityLibrarySearch will search across all our books, most articles and some reports. Use the facets on the left-hand side to narrow your search: ‘Full Text Online’ gives you just things you can read online.
6. www.city.ac.uk/library Key General Databases Business Source Complete Use for articles, market research, company, industry and country profiles, case studies, trade magazines, peer reviewed research, Harvard Business Review, images. ProQuest New database: peer-reviewed articles, newspapers, data, reports, trade journals... All sorts of stuff, not just business-specific. Wide-ranging and useful. Science Direct Huge database focused on academic, peer-reviewed articles. Also contains actual science, but huge amount of business and management information as well. More journal databases are available - see http://libguides.city.ac.uk/banking/eresources
7. www.city.ac.uk/library • Huge amount of current financial information • Professional financial tool used in firms • 8 terminals in Financial Resources Suite, 1 in UG Student Lounge, more at Bunhill Row • Sign up for your own account using the terminal • Take Bloomberg Certification: you can add it to your CV as well as learn how to use Bloomberg. Get started: http://libguides.city.ac.uk/banking/bloomberg Book a terminal: http://libcal.city.ac.uk/ Bloomberg
9. www.city.ac.uk/library On Campus – ThomsonOne (see Moodle for on campus link) Off campus – Thomson One Banker (see Moodle for password) ONLY WORKS IN INTERNET EXPLORER Thomson One • M&As with some criteria • Issuing equity • Broker reports • Ownership • Create peer groups for comparisons
10. www.city.ac.uk/library Thomson One Mergers and Acquisitions info Finding Broker Reports
11. www.city.ac.uk/library Thomson Reuters Datastream • Company accounts, stock prices, snapshots, time series • 2 computers in the Financial Resources Suite, 1 in the UG Student Lounge, more in the Thomson Reuters Room at Bunhill Row. • Get started: http://libguides.city.ac.uk/banking/datastream • Training: http://training.thomsonreuters.com/datastream/ • Includes a Certification programme (use your Cass emai!l)
12. www.city.ac.uk/libraryDatastream: Finding Time Series Data
13. www.city.ac.uk/libraryDatastream: Company Accounts
14. www.city.ac.uk/library Similar coverage to Bloomberg – professional finance tool for wide range of current and historical financial information Quite new: will eventually replace other TR products Thomson Reuters Eikon • Training: https://training.thomsonreuters.com/eikon4/ • Get started: http://libguides.city.ac.uk/banking/eikon • Video: About Eikon 4 (note: some tools are not available to academic users)
15. www.city.ac.uk/library • Global investments information, particularly fund analysis and commentary • Best place to look for Mutual and Hedge Fund data • Also covers OEICs, unit trusts, investment trusts and ETFs • New resource for this year • Help, training and Certification available in the resource Morningstar Direct
16. www.city.ac.uk/library • https://wrds-web.wharton.upenn.edu/wrds/ • Register for an account using ‘Masters Student’ then wait for us to verify you. • Plenty of help, training and support available, use the tabs at the top of the screen. Wharton Research Data Services: WRDS Lots of datasets within one platform, such as… AuditAnalytics, COMPUSTAT, CRSP, CUSIP, DMEF Academic Data, Factset, IBES, LSPD Option Metrics, and more.
17. www.city.ac.uk/library Bureau Van Dijk Products Bankscope – international banks, including comparisons Zephyr – information on deals: Mergers & Acquisitions, IPOs, private equity and venture capital deals Fame – UK companies (public and private) Orbis – Worldwide company information
18. www.city.ac.uk/library Newspapers Online Nexis – includes company and industry information as well as articles Factiva – international newspapers, trade magazines The Economist – full access to website, current online edition and archive, thanks to a generous donation from The Worshipful Company of International Bankers. FT.com subscription for all students – search CityLibrary Search for FT.com for sign up link for premium access.
19. www.city.ac.uk/library PI Navigator • International Company Information from original documents • Annual Report and Accounts & Interims, Circulars (IPOs, M&A documents, etc.), RIS (regulatory & non-regulatory news), SEC Filings and Bond prospectuses • Use on or off-campus: needs separate username, password and cost code - see Moodle for details
20. www.city.ac.uk/library Analyzing deal trends, identifying comparable deals, monitoring deal activity and generating league tables Includes… • M&A • Corporate Governance • Global New Issues • Venture Expert (Also on Thomson One) • Securities Trading • Corporate Restructurings • Global Public Finance Only available from 1 PC in Bunhill Row campus: book! Thomson Reuters SDC Platinum
21. Training Sessions www.city.ac.uk/library • Workshops for BIF students over Weeks 3, 4 and 5, Fridays 13:30 to 14:30 • Bloomberg Training • And, coming soon, practical referencing sessions • Watch out for emails as usual to find out when new sessions are available Book sessions here: http://libcal.city.ac.uk/librarytraining
22. Any Questions? www.city.ac.uk/library Help In Person: Library desks on the 2nd and 5th Floor, and at Cass Contact Samantha: email@example.com or 020 7040 4151 General enquiries email for Cass: firstname.lastname@example.org Enquiries phone number: +44 (0) 207 040 8191 Help Online: Library Website: http://www.city.ac.uk/library/ Subject Guides: http://libguides.city.ac.uk/cassbusinessschool
Banking and International Finance FYP Library Resources 2014 15 Jun 20, 2015 ... × Close Share Banking and International Finance FYP Library Resources ...
FRM03_Assignment 1 Brief_Managing Finance Resources and Decisions ... Share FRM03_Assignment 1 Brief_Managing Finance Resources and Decisions-edit 23.10.2014.
Share FRM03_Assignment 1 Brief_Managing Finance Resources and Decisions-edit 23.10.2014. ... Download FRM03_Assignment 1 Brief_Managing Finance Resources ...
Library / Online Resources; Sport; ... International. Study in Malaysia; ... Fifth FEGT FYP Poster Competition ...
Fyp Adil Final (2) - Free download as Word Doc (.doc / .docx), PDF File (.pdf), Text File (.txt) or read online for free. e-banking research. e-banking ...
Students relaxing under the shade of the pergola located nearby UTAR Main Library. U ... Finance, Islamic banking ... 2014) and the International ...
2014/15 Reference; Course categories: ...
Slide 1 Accessing library resources and on-line databases Autumn 2014 Slide 2 We are ... Accessing library resources and on-line databases Autumn 2014 ...