Published on February 4, 2014
B2b SOCIAL MEDIA CURATION: Tips and Tricks By: Miranda Steinway (@MIRANDASTEINWAY) from Brainrider
Before we Begin: What is social media curation?
SOCIAL MEDIA CURATION is: Gathering and repurposing content from sources outside of your business to improve and diversify your social media marketing.
SO... WHY curate?
• It establishes you as more of an expert in your ﬁeld…
…which exposes you to a broader audience and can increase your social media followers.
• It’s an excellent addition to your SEO strategy and increases linking… ✔
…especially if you’re using Google+.
• It allows you to discuss innovations, trends, and news related to your industry that your business hasn’t written about yet.
• It takes some pressure oﬀ of your team to constantly produce content, especially during busier times.
• It helps your business identify which topics are most popular with your followers, so that your business can incorporate these topics into your content strategy.
Where Should You curate from?
• Like-minded individuals and businesses that produce visual and interesting content related to your business.
• Blogs that are related to your industry. • Reliable news sources that reference your industry.
How do You find sources?
• Search for LinkedIn Groups based on or related to your industry or start a discussion in a LinkedIn Group. • Find Facebook Pages based on or related to your industry.
• Discover Twitter hashtags, recent tweets, and accounts related to your speciﬁc keywords. • Go on Google+ to search for active groups related to your industry.
• Search for sources on Quora or write a Quora post asking where to ﬁnd sources on the topics your business is interested in.
THEN: • As you build a list of valuable and relevant resources and blogs, put them into an RSS feed tool, such as Feedly.com or Scoop.it. • It becomes a one-stop shop for all of your content curation!
• Make the curated tweets and posts relevant to your customer’s needs and pains.
• Make sure the social media messages are compelling and explain what the link is about. Think of the interesting attributes of social media accounts that you follow and apply them to your account.
• Avoid just copying their exact content when you tweet or post. Give it a little bit of your company’s personality!
• Avoid curating from sources that are selling their own products in their content, have too many ads or pop-ups, have typos or errors (it happens!), or have a negative tone.
• Don’t just curate from one or two sources. Build diverse mix of valuable sources to curate from. • Always give credit to the author or creator of the source.
For more TIPS ON Social Media:
Follow us on… Twitter= @brainrider Or check out our latest blog post on social listening.
Images from: Slide 1 http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/facebook_logo_detail.gif http://readwrite.com/ﬁles/google-Minus-icon.png http://a2.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple/v4/fb/cd/2e/fbcd2ea4-d829-5fc9-5392-1ef5f9160bf2/mzl.hslvxbvk.png http://scm-l3.technorati.com/13/02/19/75101/Twitter.png%3Ft%3D20130219104123 Slide 5: http://tinasibley.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/expert.gif Slide 6: http://i.haymarket.net.au/News/universal_3d_glasses.jpg Slide 8: http://readwrite.com/ﬁles/google-Minus-icon.png http://www.renodiscontent.com/wp-content/michaeljackson_01.jpg Slide 9: http://the1owe1report.ﬁles.wordpress.com/2012/05/breaking-news-ron-burgundy3.png Slide 10: http://img.webmd.com/dtmcms/live/webmd/consumer_assets/site_images/articles/health_tools/ preparing_for_middle_school_tweens_slideshow/getty_rf_photo_of_stressed_tween_boy.jpg Slide 11: http://onmilwaukee.com/myOMC/authors/andytarnoﬀ/popularitycontest.html Slide 13: http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/ﬁles/2013/04/brain-990x622.png
Images continued: Slide 14: http://www.myrealestatecareerblog.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/11/Blog-idea-xsmall-for-blog.jpg Slide 16: http://a2.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple/v4/fb/cd/2e/fbcd2ea4-d829-5fc9-5392-1ef5f9160bf2/mzl.hslvxbvk.png http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/facebook_logo_detail.gif Slide 17: http://readwrite.com/ﬁles/google-Minus-icon.png http://scm-l3.technorati.com/13/02/19/75101/Twitter.png%3Ft%3D20130219104123 Slide 18: http://s3.amazonaws.com/crunchbase_prod_assets/assets/images/resized/0007/2415/72415v4max-250x250.png Slide 19: http://www.thinkbelle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Feedly-Logo-300x300.png https://int-dir.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/1570_1570_logo_scoopit_bg-white.jpg Slide 23: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/86/Einstein_tongue.jpg Slide 24: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1a/Pop-up_ads.jpg Slide 25: http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/how-make-decisions-1.jpg
Brands are more invested today than ever before on curating and distributing paid,...
Marketers need to be creating and publishing original content across many differen...
As content marketing continues to increase in popularity in every industry, more m...
Il Direct Email Marketing (DEM) è una tipologia di marketing diretto che usa la po...
This presentation contains all 120 rules from Part 1 of the 2nd edition of "Email ...
What is social media curation? Social media curation is: Gathering and repurposing content from sources outside of your business to improve and diversify ...
How To Curate Content For B2B Marketing. ... Tips and tricks for how to effectively use content curation for B2B social media marketing.
... Tips, B2B Contentcuration, Content Curation, ... and tricks #infographic Creative Content Curation ... Content, Curation Visualized, Social Media, ...
How Curation Fits into your Marketing Mix ... tips and tricks for effective and ethical curation. ... Social media strategy, advice, and tips delivered ...
Content Creation & Curation ; Social Media ... Inbound Marketing tips and tricks ... Others tips and tricks. Who should attend this Webinar. B2B Technology ...
Many marketers who have discovered tips or tricks about their ... social media reach, list size ... tricks you should be doing to make your B2B lead ...
View 3301 B2b Social Media posts, ... (B2B). Yes, B2B Social Media Is Worth It! ... B2B Social Media Curation: Tips and Tricks.
... See more about Content Marketing, Infographic and Social Media. Content curation are constant or periodically repeated actions, ...
All » Uberflip Blog » 5 Tips for More Efficient & Effective Content ... saving trick for social media ... on leveraging social media for B2B ...