Published on September 27, 2015
1. Avoid The Two Tragedies of Life
2. One thing your brain is good at is categorizing things.
3. Scientists have discovered that primitive cultures have an inherent knowledge of different plant species.
4. They intuitively know which plants, even when they see them the first time, whether they'll be good for medicine, or eating, or clothing.
5. Surprisingly, these instinctive categories match up pretty closely with scientific categories.
6. One of the Meta Programs, those semi-permanent filters we carry around with us, is to sort by similarity, or sort by differences.
7. Like if you looked at a bunch of shapes, you might automatically see how they were similar to each other, or different from each other.
8. Knowing how you do this can help.
9. Sometimes sorting by similarity is helpful, sometimes sorting by difference is helpful.
10. If you always choose "bad" relationship partners, for example, you might be sorting for something similar when you should be sorting for something different.
11. They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
12. One way to get out of any rut is to make a pretty big change.
13. Nothing HUGE, like moving to new city, but rearranging all your furniture, or changing your schedule around.
14. This can kind of shake up the way you look at things, so you'll see things a bit differently.
15. Start noticing things that are helpful, and suddenly not notice those things that aren't helpful.
16. Often times we think we want something, but only part of us does.
17. Or we want only part of what we think we want.
18. Whenever we're attempting to manifest something, we often overlook two crucial areas.
19. One is what we'll have to give up if we get it.
20. The other is what we'll have to accept if we get it.
21. They say there are two tragedies in life.
22. One is not getting what you want. The other is getting it.
23. Why is this?
24. Well, if you never get what you want, or never even try, that clearly sucks.
25. But if you DO get what you want, what then?
26. Sit around and watch TV?
27. Hang out down at the bar and watch TV there?
28. The truth is that the pursuit of goals is where you're most happy.
29. When you're taking action, measuring your results, and getting closer and closer.
30. Think about this.
31. You've got this HUGE goal out there.
32. You figure it may take a couple of years.
33. So you start taking action.
34. Then you start getting closer.
35. Then you come to a FANTASTIC realization.
36. That original goal is simply to big enough.
37. The closer you get, the bigger you make it, and the further you push it out there.
38. If you haven't chosen something BIG, or haven't started moving toward it, you should.
39. It's pretty exciting when you do.
Avoid The Two Tragedies of Life. ... we often overlook two crucial areas. ... They say there are two tragedies in life.
Oscar Wilde There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it. My Account Help:
There are two tragedies in life one is to lose your heart's desire. The other is it gain it.? DISCUSS: “Life contains but two tragedies.
... "The biggest tragedies always require two..." ... but cannot avoid it, ... As well as the fact that it's called 'two for tragedy', ...
... From the Chhath Puja Tragedy, Tales of Heroism and Advice to Avoid ... Chhath Puja is the biggest ... biggest reward of my life ...
George Bernard Shaw There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. ... Users who liked, "There are two tragedies in life.
... The 5 Biggest Tragedies This Year. ... including two police officers, ... SWAT Raids Take Another Texas Cop's Life.
... the term overfishing can be used instead of overexploitation, ... Tragedy of the commons ... The rich diversity of marine life inhabiting coral reefs ...
Tragedy takes away much of the good in life. ... Finding peace after a tragedy. ... How to avoid the 7 biggest deathbed regrets;