Published on February 28, 2016
1. AVIATION CRISIS MANAGEMENT VINAYA SHAKYA T R A V E L C O N S U L T A N T T R I P I T A K H O L I D A Y S P V T L T D T : + 9 7 7 1 4 0 1 7 5 4 6 C : + 9 7 7 9 8 4 9 2 5 2 9 1 1 W W W . T R I P I T A K H O L I D A Y S . C O M | I N F O @ T R I P I T A K H O L I D A Y S . C O M
2. AVIATION CRISIS • Passenger Plane/ Helicopter Accident • Cargo Plane / Helicopter Accident Vinaya Shakya, Travel Consultant, Tripitak Holidays 2
3. BRAND IMAGE RISK • Within a minute, the incident becomes viral news all over the world through social media • In most of the cases they use mobile camera and internet • Within few hours it will be telecast live in Television and video channels and then in paper • Viral: because of competition on breaking news • Live interview with local people, injured passengers for hot news Vinaya Shakya, Travel Consultant, Tripitak Holidays 3
4. CRISIS COMMUNICATION PREPARATION • Establish crisis communication team • Prepare official statement for SPOKES PERSON and educate him or her • Write what to speak and not to speak to the press • Mention the FACTS only, no exaggeration • Do not panic, stress • Brief the office staff and board member first regarding the incident • Use social media of the staff too communicate the facts Vinaya Shakya, Travel Consultant, Tripitak Holidays 4
5. CRISIS MANAGEMENT ACTION PLAN 1. Emergency evacuation 2. Rescue mobilization 3. Communication with all the board members, staff, CAAN, local government authority: CDO, Army, Police, Hospital, Health post, VDC 4. Emergency board meeting 5. Inform insurance company 6. Cash management 7. Helicopter arrangement 8. Human resource assignment at the airport, incident venue, hospital, police station, Bank, insurance, transport, lodge, food, media 9. Co-ordinator at office: Briefing to staff not to panic and stay calm 10. Co-ordination with Hospital & Ambulance Vinaya Shakya, Travel Consultant, Tripitak Holidays 5
6. COURTESY VISIT AND CALL • Courtesy visit or call to bereaved family and passengers • Condolence on 13th day or as per ritual • Collect the Photos of deceased person • Condolence message for advertisement and family in case of • Compensation to bereaved family or insurance documents • Medical treatment to injured passengers and crew members • Insurance procedure Vinaya Shakya, Travel Consultant, Tripitak Holidays 6
7. SOCIAL MEDIA IN CRISIS • Best media during crisis is social media • Use properly • Handle with photo, facts and figure • Press release in official website or social media official page. • Monitor social media and response as quicky as possible before it become viral. Vinaya Shakya, Travel Consultant, Tripitak Holidays 7
8. CONCLUSION • In accident case, it is very difficult to keep the brand image intact. • So, operators should keep communicate updated facts and figures as much as possible. • Save the brand image. Vinaya Shakya, Travel Consultant, Tripitak Holidays 8
9. CONTACT FOR CONSULTANCY Vinaya Shakya Travel Consultant Tripitak Holidays Pvt Ltd 272/41 Ka, Kapan Marg, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal T: +977 1 4017 546 C: +977 9849 252 911 www.tripitakholidays.com | firstname.lastname@example.org Vinaya Shakya, Travel Consultant, Tripitak Holidays 9
While serious accidents can have a devastating impact on an aviation com-pany, lesser events can be equally damaging. Aviation companies can suffer
Air Navigation; Global Plans. Global Aviation Safety Plan (GASP) Safety Priorities. Runway Safety; Controlled Flight Into Terrain (CFIT) Loss of Control ...
Aviation Crisis Management in Europe 9 Volcanic ash dispersion Nuclear emissions dispersion War Hazardous chemicals dispersion Fire Security threats
Definition. Crisis management helps organisations to identify potential, impending or actual crises and to respond to them in a co-ordinated and successful ...
Aviation Crisis Management 2011 – ‘Putting People First’ The world’s leading aviation crisis management specialists will be coming together later ...
Aviation Crisis Management Training. Commercial Aviation - Twelve Principles This workshop-based training provides the overview and the detail of the full ...
Aviation Crisis Management in Europe Cyber Attack Exercise – CYBER 13 Žarko Sivčev Advisor to the Director EUROCONTROL/Network Manager Directorate
Aviation crises demand extreme sensitivity, precise timing, global delivery capabilities, constant communications, and the best possible medical care.
This is a specialized course designed for aviation security middle and senior management personnel who have been assigned to organize, plan, conduct and ...
Home » Crisis management - Aviation&Consulting Delays, organizational incidents, accidents, reputational crises, collapse of computer systems: ...