Published on March 16, 2016
1. Hello! We are F.G.C. Group. (Future Greek Consulting) We are here to demonstrate a brand new product for Volvo.
2. Panagiota Lemoni F.G.C. Group General Manager
3. “ Fashion fades. Only Volvo remains!
4. 1.1 Volvo’s History - Milestones 1927 200719731959 2013 Volvo was established by Assar Gabrielsson and Gustaf Larson. The first Volvo Truck were introduced in the American market. Volvo Trucks introduces the “Volvo Dynamic Steering” technology with the viral “Epic Split” video. In September, the company presents the world's first CO2-neutral vehicle plant in Ghent, Belgium. Bulb monitor is invented by Volvo. This is a lamp that lights up when any of the car's instruments are not working. Source: http://www.volvogroup.com, 2016 http://www.volvotrucks.com, 2016
5. 1.2 Volvo Nowadays Volvo operates in the automotive industry with subsidiary brands like Renault Trucks, Volvo construction equipment, Volvo Buses, Volvo Trucks. The company has 3 main vehicle production plants in Belgium, China and Sweden. Volvo has branches and representatives in over 100 countries. Volvo employs more than 92,000 people across the globe. Volvo’s worth is approximately $25,2 billion with $41,2 billion in sales last year. The company is ranked #490 in Market Value. Source: http://www.forbes.com, 2016 http://www.statista.com, 2016
6. Vasilis Tsardaklis F.G.C. Group Marketing Director
7. 1.2 Volvo Nowadays – SWOT Strengths: • Efficient and world class safety • Inclination towards maintaining quality of driving experience • Attracts elite class with its elegant as well as classic style • Volvo subsidiaries include big automotive brands Opportunities: • Expanding automobile market share • Craft a technological breakthrough • Manufacturing new vehicles and services • Possible partnership Weaknesses: • High competition • Exclude people from a low social class • Absence from the motorbike market Threats: • Financial capacity • Fluctuation in exchange rates • Increasing usage of government transport and high fuel costs • Different environmental regulations and norms in various countries
8. 1.3 Automotive Market Analysis
9. 1.4 Competitor Analysis
10. Emmanouil Toulis F.G.C. Group Consultant Executive
11. 1.5 Consumer Profile
12. 2.1 Automotive Market Trends Sooner than we think 50% of the vehicles will be driven with electric power. Big automotive brands are investing billions in electric vehicles. Technological evolution will make vehicles more personalized. Automotive industry has recovered from the crisis and it’s value has increased by $78 millions. By 2020 is predicted that there will a further increase of 24.7%. Regulations & restrictions by the International Transport Federation forces automotive brands to produce more eco- friendly vehicles. Source: www.forbes.com, 2016 KPMG’s Global Automotive Survey, 2015 www.bloomberg.com, 2016 McKensey Analysis: The road to 2020 and beyond, 2015 www.itfglobal.org, 2015
13. 2.2 Perceptual Map – Market Gap
14. Nikolaos Vozaitis F.G.C. Group Product Analyst
15. 2.3 Brainstorming Session New Volvo Product Excellent Excellent Useless Interesting Interesting • Noise Reduction • Eco – Friendly • Economy • Innovation • Environment Aware • Electric Engine • Arrogant Style • 3-wheel motorbike • Reduced Sales in general • Uniqueness • Break Recharging System • Costly • Completing the market gap
16. 2.4 Mind Mapping
17. 2.5 Lateral Thinking New Product: Volvo Future Electric - Engine Motorcycle Features & Specifics: Electric Engine Traveler Style Modern Design Breaking Recharging System Smart LED lights GPS Tracking Software Driving Range: 200 – 300 miles Capability of function with petrol fuel
18. Conclusions Volvo is a leading brand in automotive industry. The company focuses on safety and innovation. The automotive industry has overcome the crisis years and there is a significant growth rate. Electric engine vehicles will emerge as automotive brands invest billions of dollars in the new technologies Brainstorming & mind mapping are tools that helped us to generate the final product, the Electric Engine Motorcycle.
19. Thanks! Any questions? You can find us at:
20. Drive future with safety!
21. References: Kakkar, A. et al, (2015), ‘2015 Auto Industry Trends’ Strategy&, [online] Available at: http://www.strategyand.pwc.com/perspectives/2015-auto-trends Dieter, B. (2015), ‘KPMG’s Global Automotive Executive Survey’ KPMG, [online] Available at: https://www.kpmg.com/Global/en/IssuesAndInsights/ArticlesPublications/global- automotive-executive-survey/Documents/2015-report-v1.pdf Randall, T., (2016), ‘Another Oil Crash is Coming and There may be No Recovery’ Bloomberg, [online] Available at: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-24/another-oil-crash-is-coming-and-there-may-be- no-recovery Gao, P. (2016), ‘Disruptive Trends that will Transform the Auto Industry’ McKinsey&Company [online] Available at: http://www.mckinsey.com/industries/high-tech/our-insights/disruptive-trends-that-will-transform-the- auto-industry Meyer, S. (2015), ‘Five Trends Changing Automotive Marketing in 2016’ 9CLOUDS [online] Available at: https://9clouds.com/2015/12/17/5-trends-changing-automotive-marketing-in-2016/ (2015), ‘Market Research on the Automotive Industry’ Euromonitor [online] Available at: http://www.euromonitor.com/automotive ‘History time-line’ Volvogroup [online] Available at: http://www.volvogroup.com/group/global/en- gb/volvo%20group/history/ourhistory/1920/Pages/1920.aspx Lacroix, Y. (2014) ‘The Global Automotive Market’ Eulerhermes [online] Available at: http://www.eulerhermes.com/mediacenter/Lists/mediacenter-documents/Economic-Outlook-The-global- Automotive-market-Sept14.pdf (2016), ‘Global Automotive Forecast Statistics’ Report Linker [online] Available at: http://www.reportlinker.com/d0111266833/Global-Automotive-Forecast-Statistics.html?pos=1
22. Elie, P., (2014), ‘Driving Value: 2014 Automotive M&A Insights’ PWC, [online] Available at: https://www.pwc.com/gx/en/automotive/publications/assets/pwc-auto-m-and-a- insights.pdf (2011), ‘Transportation & Shipping Market Research Reports & Industry Analysis’ Market Wired, [online] Available at: https://beta.finance.yahoo.com/news/Car-Industry-Will-Grow-to-904-iw- 761650321.html (2012), ‘Automotive Manufacturing Industry to Reach 1.7 Trillion by 2015’ Market Wired, [online] Available at: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-24/another-oil-crash-is-coming-and-there-may-be- no-recovery (2014), ‘2014 Global Automotive Consumer Study The changing nature of mobility’ Deloitte [online] Available at: http://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/au/Documents/manufacturing/deloitte-au-mfg-2014- global-automotive-consumer-study-changing-nature-mobility-290914.pdf (2013), ‘Στοιχεία για την παγκόσµια παραγωγή αυτοκινήτων’ OICA Organisation [online] Available at: http://documents.scribd.com.s3.amazonaws.com/docs/85k31udji82j6kwn.pdf (2016), ‘The road to 2020 and beyond: What’s driving the global automotive industry?’ McKinsey&Company [online] Available at: file:///C:/Users/vasil/Downloads/McK_The_road_to_2020_and_beyond.pdf
Taking into consideration the evolution of technology and economy globally, we introduce you the next gen vehicles, with an example. Volvo ...
AIAG is where auto industry members collaborate to develop common global standards for Quality, Supply Chain, and Corporate Responsibility issues
The Automotive Industry in the United States began in ... The automotive industry caused a massive shift in the ... Minor automotive manufacturing groups;
... Automotive, Liquid, Process and Refining. ... Evolution of FGC; Divisions. ... Filtration Group protects our future.
The automotive industry in Germany is one of the largest employers in the country, ... Minor automotive manufacturing groups; Organisations:
AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY ANALYSIS. ... AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY ANALYSIS BUSINESS POLICY GROUP ASSIGNMENT, ... Automotive Industry Analysis ...
The automotive industry, ... Despite challenges within the industry in recent years, the U.S. automotive sector is at the forefront of innovation.
Boston Consulting Group ... a dynamic analysis of the global automobile industry. ... The Evolution of the U.S. Automobile Industry and Detroit as ...
Automotive data available for graphing, ... Upcoming Automotive News and other industry events. ... VW GROUP: 262,670: 243,819: 7.70%: