Published on May 31, 2016
1. Enterprise Mac Management
2. Per Larsen Solution Architect | firstname.lastname@example.org | m: +45 3078 1828 | f: +45 7025 2575 in: http://www.linkedin.com/in/perlarsen1975 | t: @PerLarsen1975 Blog: http://osddeployment.dk
3. • Parallels Mac Management vs. SCCM 2012 R2 • Deploying Parallels Mac Management • Packages / Applications • OS X Patch Management • OS Deployment Agenda
4. Parallels Mac Management vs. SCCM 2012 R2 Parallels SCCM 2012 R2 Discovery and Enrollment Network discovery and automatic enrollment Manual enrollment Inventory Hardware and software inventory Collect AppleCare warranty status Compliance Deploy Mac OS X Configuration Profiles Easy to use OS X Configuration Profile editor Push scripts as SCCM Configuration Items Enable FileVault 2 encryption Escrow and retrieve FileVault 2 personal keys
5. Parallels Mac Management vs. SCCM 2012 R2 Parallels SCCM 2012 R2 Software and Patch Deployment Deploy software via SCCM Package Deployment Deploy software via SCCM Application Deployment Self-Service Application Portal for Macs Silent & interactive deployment modes OS X Image Deployment Deploy OS X images via SCCM Support for SCCM Task Sequences and Task Sequence steps Remote Assistance Remote Assistance via VNC and SSH Configuration Works without PKI infrastructure
6. • Parallels Proxy a service app that acts as a proxy between SCCM and Macs. • Parallels Mac Client enables communication between the Mac computer and the Proxy. • Admin Console Extensions extend the Config Manager console to provide a graphical UI enabling you to manage Macs. • NetBoot Server optional component needed for OS X imaging • OS X Software Update Point a service app that publishes Apple Software Updates to Config Manager Deploying Parallels Mac Management
7. Parallels Mac Client Auto-upgrade When a new version of PMM is installed, PMM automatically creates a SCCM package with the latest version of Parallels Mac client. • Reduces workload and increases productivity of SCCM admins by automating upgrade package creation. • Eliminates a chance of unsuccessful PMM client deployment due to incorrectly created SCCM package. PARALLELS CONFIDENTIAL DO NOT DISTRIBUTE
8. Automatic Upgrade of Parallels Mac Client Starting with v4.5 it has become extremely easy to upgrade Parallels Mac Client on managed Macs to a newer version. All the needs to be done is to enable the upgrade option under SCCM site settings.
9. Parallels Application Portal
10. How to repackages .dmg to .cmmac Download SCCM client for Mac OS X “macclient.dmg” Extract: CMAppUtil Run : ./CMAppUtil -c ./filepath/file.dmg –o ./filepath
11. OS X Patch & Update Management Extends SCCM with OS X patch and update management functionality. • By far the most requested feature at Ignite’15. • Automates the process of downloading patches and updates from Apple Update server and creating SCCM update packages. • An easy to market feature. Patch Notification Receive Patch Import Create SCCM Package Publish Report PARALLELS CONFIDENTIAL DO NOT DISTRIBUTE
12. OS X Patch Management Parallels Mac Management v4.5 adds “Apple” category to the properties of Software Update Point Component (located under Administration Overview Site Configuration Sites
13. OS X Patch Management Apple updates appear under All Software Updates folder
14. OS X Patch Management Just like with PC updates, you need to create a Software Update Group and then deploy it to a collection with Macs.
15. Capture OS X Image Task Sequence Step Continuous improvements to the OSD functionality. The v4.5 introduces support for the following task sequence steps: • Capture OS X image: significantly simplifies process of preparing OS X “golden” image. Removes requirement to create second HDD partition on a Mac used to create “golden” image. PARALLELS CONFIDENTIAL DO NOT DISTRIBUTE
16. Capture OS X Image Capture OS X Image task sequence step significantly simplifies and shortens the process of creating OS X images. As the first step, you need to create task sequence with Create OS X Image step and publish the task sequence.
17. Capture OS X Image And then execute the task sequence on a Mac. Upon completion the Mac’s image will be copied to a Windows file share.
18. MacBookAir EFI boot
19. Parallels TS Wizard – Log in
20. Parallels TS Wizard – Select TS
21. Parallels TS Wizard - Hostname
22. Parallels TS Wizard – Select a Destination
23. Parallels TS Wizard – Executing TS
25. © 2015 Atea A/S. All rights reserved. This presentation is for informational purposes only. Atea A/S makes no warranties, express or implied, in this summary. Thank you
11.00-11.30 Mac management med Parallels Mac Management til SCCM v/ Solution Architect Per Larsen, Atea. Mac management gennem SCCM .
Parallels Management Suite extends Microsoft SCCM with advanced ... Atea Global Services. Service ... Parallels Management Suite extends Microsoft SCCM ...
MAC OSX PKG deployment. ... Atea 11 hours 32 minutes ago; ... ex Parallels Mac Management for SCCM. Kind regards . Per Larsen. Twitter: ...
Download free docs (pdf, doc, ppt, xls, txt) online about Web Interface For Sccm 2012 Preview the pdf eBook free before downloading.Web Console For ...
Partner Solution Search ... Parallels Management Suite extends Microsoft SCCM with advanced support for Mac OS X systems. ... Adaptiva extends SCCM, ...
Last week, we had a blast at Microsoft Ignite talking with IT professionals about our business solutions, including Parallels Mac Management.
View Ken Kristensen’s professional profile on LinkedIn. ... Ken Kristensen. Systems Consultant at Atea . Location ... SMS and SCCM. Building and ...
Plan, deploy, secure, and manage Microsoft software on your IT systems with Solution Accelerators.