Published on March 13, 2014
WEEK 6 T.Gruenbaum / ASIS / Y1 – Q3
Today’s Programme Grammar: Quantifiers In Class Tasks 2 & 3 Homework Week 6 Tasks 1-3 & In- class Task 1
1. Some & Any 2. Small Quanitites 3. Large Quanitites 4. The Right Amount 5. Few & Little Comparisions Quantifiers
1. Some & Any Countable & Uncountable singular nouns Some refers to a certain amount but not all. (+) Any refers to unlimited number of thingts ( ? /-) I’ve got some money. Have you got any stamps? I bought some clothes yetserday. He doesn’t speak any foreign langauges? Do you know any good shoe shops?
1. Some & Any Any – positive sentence Some in a ? = we expect: yes If clause: I love any (kind of) chocoloate. He can mend any car. Can I have some milk please? Compare: Have you got any milk? (Perhaps) If you need any help / some help, call me.
2. Small Quantities Let’s just make a few sandwiches for lunch. We had a little trouble with the traffic. Would you like a bit of wine? A few: Countable Nouns A little / a bit of: Uncountable Nouns
2. Small Quantities I speak little Italian, unfortunatly. Few people remember their first day at pre-school. After only one week he’s already met a few people. I know quite a few good restaurants. Negative: Few or little a Postitive: a few / a little
2. Small Quantities She speaks several languages. Counatble Nouns: Several
3. Large Quantities Mainly used in ? / - Much = uncountable Many = countables Hurry up we haven’t got much time. Did you buy many books? Mean the same Countable & Uncountable Nouns + He’s got lots of friends. Much / Many A lot of / Lots of
4. The Right Amount Too much / Uncountable & Too many / Countable Enough Plenty (of) More than we need / than is good I feel a bit sick. I have eaten too much / too many cakes. As much as we need More than we need
Few – Little: Comparisons
Task 2: Some & Any Task 3: Few & Little In Class Task
Anwers 1. some 2. any 3. any 4. anyone 5. anything 6. someone 7. any 8. anyone 9. somewhere 10. Some 1. little 2. less 3. fewer 4. less 5. fewest 6. least 7. little 8. least 9. Few 10. fewer
Answers week 6 Tasks 1-3 In-class Week 6 Task 1 Homework
Anwers 1. have been raised 2. have risen 3. were reduced 4. has been decreasing 5. would have been lowered 6. has slumped 7. will have been cut 8. will have plummeted 9. fell 10.reached 11.has been declining 12.would level off 13.were raised 14.rose 15.would have dropped 16.will have been increased
http://www.better-english.com/grammar/fewest.htm The End – Thank You.
Week 6 of the music Vlog: ... This is a simplified (but still very technical) look at why recorded cover songs on YouTube (or anywhere) ...
in the army, "asi" stands for ... equipment (alse) q3 echelon ... maintenance x2 preventive denistry specialty y1 transition y2 transition y3 transition y6 ...
This children's ministry curriculum for K-6 is designed to meet the unique needs of small Sunday schools and ... Kid Connection Y1 Q3 Family/Student ...
How to use ‘Big Maths, Beat That!’ to rapidly raise standards How do I get started? • Getting started with ‘Big Maths, Beat That!’ is easy.
Review the latest MOSAIC CO/THE ... Asia Pacific +65 6212 1000. ... The Mosaic Company to Report Q3, 2015 on Nov 03, ...
C. HART . N. O. 2. CLASSIFICATION OF THE MIRACLES OF JESUS . I. MIRACLES OF NATURE . 1. Water turned to wine at Cana 3. The draught of fishes 13. Stilling ...
IBM REPORTS 2014 THIRD-QUARTER ... Asia-Pacific revenues decreased ... The company’s total gross profit margin from continuing operations was 48.6 ...
... Yahoo today reported its Q3 ... 11 Stories You Don’t Want To Miss This Week. ... GAAP net earnings per diluted share was $6.70 ...
Review the latest HOME DEPOT INC ... Asia Pacific +65 6212 1000. ... The Home Depot, Inc. to Report Q3, 2016 on Nov 17, ...
AutoWeek is one of the leading automotive media in Europe and the largest in the Netherlands. ... Audi RS Q3 road test ... Mazda 6 road test