Published on September 29, 2016
1. ARE YOU AWARE OF THESE UROLOGY MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING CHANGES? www.advinurology.com
2. As an Urologist, is your in-house medical billing and coding staff effectively reporting CPT 2016 code changes, including new and re-examined E/M codes for delayed services and procedures? Is it true that you are frustrated by many code augmentations for infusion methods that are leading to increased number of billing and coding errors? Is it correct to say that you as a qualified Urologist are looking for extraordinary options to streamline the work process? Well, if it is the case, then allotting the important workload to outsourced billing and coding agency is the best option available for you. firstname.lastname@example.org www.medicalbillersandcoders.com
3. In the following article, we would discuss Modifier - 25 and - 57 as it is presumably the most misjudged modifiers and there is very little difference between the two. When urologist chooses to perform surgery after examining the patient, he can get paid for the initial procedures just by affixing a modifier. For coders, it's confusing whether to utilize modifier - 57 (choice for surgery) or modifier - 25 (critical, separately identifiable evaluation and management by the same doctor around the same time/day of the procedure. email@example.com www.medicalbillersandcoders.com
4. What Is The Difference Between Modifier - 25 and - 57? At the time of filing medical billing claims, modifier 25 and 57 are now and again hard to separate as the distinction is very slight. By and large, Medicare use modifier - 25 on all E/M administrations connected with minor procedure, which means the evaluation and management ought to be paid for separately and not bundled with the surgical reimbursement. It might be important to point out that on the day a procedure recognized by a CPT code was performed, the patient's condition required a critical, independently identifiable E/M administration well beyond the other services provided or past the typical preoperative and postoperative consideration connected with the procedure that was firstname.lastname@example.org www.medicalbillersandcoders.com
5. Use modifier - 57 for an E/M administration, when a physician chooses a major surgical procedure should be done around the same time or the following day. This, similar to modifier 25, requires separate repayment for the E&M and for the surgery. As the distinction is very slight between these two modifiers for medicinal billing, modifier 25 is utilized as a part of restorative charging for minor methods, while modifier 57 is utilized as a part of medical billing for major procedures. Furthermore, another difference is that modifier 57 could mean the surgery will be done the following day, while medical billing modifier 25 implies the surgery will be done on the same day. email@example.com www.medicalbillersandcoders.com
6. So, when should you ‘NOT’ use the Modifier 25? When billing for procedures performed amid a postoperative period if identified with the past surgery When there is only one E/M service performed during office visits (no procedures done) At the point when on any E/M on the day a major procedure is being performed When a patient came in for a scheduled procedure only. firstname.lastname@example.org www.medicalbillersandcoders.com
7. So, when should you ‘NOT’ use the Modifier 57? When appending to a surgical procedure code At the point when an E/M procedure code is performed on the same day as a minor surgery. Or when the option to perform a minor procedure is done instantly before the services, it is viewed as a routine preoperative administration and not billable in addition to the procedure. When a patient visits the doctor’s facility for a preplanned or prescheduled surgery Along with the above mentioned Urology medical billing and coding perquisites, practitioner should also remember to report about the day of surgery, if the surgical system demonstrates procedures executed in various sessions or stages. email@example.com www.medicalbillersandcoders.com
8. Contact Us firstname.lastname@example.org www.medicalbillersandcoders.com Expert Urology Billing Services 108 West, 13th street, Wilmington, DE 19801 email@example.com Follow Us on
Are you aware of these Urology medical billing and coding changes? As an Urologist, is your in-house medical billing and coding staff effectively reporting CPT 2016 ...
... Are you aware of these urology medical billing and coding changes, Author: Stella Jones, Name: Are you aware of these urology medical billing and coding changes, ...
Download Presentation PowerPoint Slideshow about 'Are you aware of these Urology medical billing and coding changes' - StellaJones An Image/Link below is provided (as ...
Ring in the New Year with Proper Urology Coding. ... of the latest changes in urology billing and coding rules ... Urology coding should be based on these ...
Keeping up with all these changes is a 24/7 job by itself not ... with a niche specialization in urology medical coding and billing that generates unprecedented ...
QuestNS offers professional urology medical billing and coding services to ensure that you get paid maximum reimbursement for your urology practice.
2015 medical billing changes | ClaimCare's Medical Billing ... be made aware of the changes to the ... medical billing coding . All Posts. Medical ...
Correct Coding to Maximize Reimbursements: Common Urological Coding and Billing Errors Michael A. Ferragamo, ... Coding Tips for Urology