Published on March 14, 2016
1. Market Study: Pigments 4th Edition
2. 2 Market Study Pigments (4th ed.): 16 Countries, 95 Producers, 430 Pages www.ceresana.com/en Ourstudies-Yourbenefits Gain new customers• Our studies show who are potential new customers and where you can find them Locate new procurement• markets Recognize better or alterna- tive sources of supply Improve your understan-• ding of your competitors Who exactly are your com- petitors - and what are their strengths and weaknesses Obtain a more detailed pic-• ture of your segment Learn which time is the best for entering or leaving a mar- ket Have a look at the future• Find out if new investments and technologies are worth- while and how to gain access to future markets. We also show possible market scena- rios Recognize opportunities• and risks Identify opportunities and risks on your target markets in time Nowadays, information is avai- lable at the push of a button, always, and in overwhelming amounts. But what is the best way to find the crucial data amongst all that information? That is why several thousand companies use the know- ledge of our employees. Based on their extensive experience, they provide decisive data for the benefit of their customers. The clearly arranged and prac- tice-oriented studies of Cere- sana offer precise analyses and well-founded forecasts - also for your markets! Why you should make use of our knowledge Our time-tested understan- ding of the markets helps you to even better assess potential chances, new products and technologies, but also your competitors. Use this know- ledge to shape an evermore effective and efficient future for your company. We provide you with reliable forecasts regarding products andmarkets.Getvaluableinfor- mation about global trends as well as opportunities and risks. Our studies will save you time and money and help you pre- vent costly wrong decisions. We are your market experts Ceresana is the most trusted market research company for the industrial sector. In addi- tion to single-client studies, our clients also profit from al- ready more than 90 multi-cli- ent market studies. We would be pleased to assist your company in this challeng- ing market environment! Yours faithfully, Oliver Kutsch Dear readers, This study is useful for: Manufacturers and distributors of titanium dioxide, carbon• black, iron oxide, organic and inorganic pigments Manufacturers of paints and varnishes, plastics, paper,• construction material, printing inks, and many more Associations and Institutes• Executive board, technology and production, strategic plan-• ning, R&D, market research, marketing, sales and distribution, procurement In this brochure you will find the following information: An introduction on page 3• A summary of the table of• contents on page 4 Following this, there are• example pages from the study Please use the form on the last• page to easily order your copy or a free reading sample! Order online now!
3. For the fourth time now, the market research company Ce- resana analyzes the market for pigments: Global demand amounts to almost 9.7 mil- lion tonnes. The most impor- tant sales market in 2014 was the production of paints and varnishes which accounted for 45% of total global de- mand. Processing of pigments in plastics ranked second at a considerable distance, fol- lowed by the application areas construction material, printing inks, and paper. Titanium Dioxide Dominates The global pigment market is dominated by titanium diox- ide (TiO2). This pigment type accounted for 59% of total de- mand. Thereby, paints and var- nishes register the major share of TiO2 demand. The presence of titanium dioxide enables the protective potential of the coating material to be fully exploited. Coatings measur- ing just a few micrometers are enough to fully cover the sub- strate. Titanium dioxide pig- ments are also used on a large scale for very white paper and for production of plastics. Second largest sales market are iron oxide pigments, fol- lowed closely by carbon black. Iron oxides are the most com- monly used inorganic color pigments. The continually in- creasing importance of iron oxide pigments is based on their non-toxicity, chemical stability, wide variety of colors (ranging from yellow, orange, red, and brown to black), and good performance-price ratio. About 1.9 million tonnes of iron oxide were processed worldwide in 2014. Carbon black is mainly used as filler for rubber applications, especially in car tires. How- ever, the present study deals with the use of carbon black as a pigment. Carbon black is the most common black pigment used in the painting industry. The smaller the particle size, the deeper the black. Growth Market Organic Pigments Registering a total volume of less than 1 million tonnes, or- ganic pigments as well as other inorganic pigments only ac- count for a small share on glo- bal pigment market. However, they are suitable for a wide range of applications. Depend- ing on the chemical composi- tion, inorganic and organic pigments can be differentiated: Organic pigments are based on carbon; inorganic pigments usually are metallic salts. They can be combined at times. Or- ganic pigments have a lower coverage, but exhibit higher color strength and gloss than inorganic pigments. Compared to many inorganic pigments, organic pigments are much more expensive. Most often, they are used as printing inks, followed by paints and plastics. Organic pigments constitute a small group of pigments. The amount used and the range of application is increasing sig- nificantly at present. The Study in Brief: Chapter 1 provides a descrip- tion and analysis of the global pigment market, including forecasts up to 2022: The de- velopment of revenues, de- mand volumes and production is analyzed for each region. Chapter 2 offers a detailed analysis of 16 countries: De- mand, export, import, produc- tion, and revenues. Additional- ly, demand split by applications is examined in regard to these countries. Market data on de- mand volume for each country is split by the single types of pigments. Chapter 3: Regional markets for pigments are analyzed in detail: Data and influential fac- tors of application in paints and varnishes, plastics, paper, construction materials, print- ing inks, and other application areas. Chapter 4 examines the de- mand for pigments - split by the types titanium dioxide, carbon black, iron oxide, other inorganic pigments, and or- ganic pigments. Chapter 5 offers a useful direc- tory of the 95 most important producers of pigments, clearly arranged according to contact details, revenues, profit, prod- uct range, production sites, and profile summary. The most important manu- facturers include: BASF, Akzo Nobel, Altana, Clariant, Cristal, DIC, Evonik, Ferro, Huntsman, Kronos, Lanxess, Merck, Mit- subishi Chemical, and Tronox. 3 Market Study Pigments (4th ed.): 16 Countries, 95 Producers, 430 Pages www.ceresana.com/enOrder online now!
4. 4 Market Study Pigments (4th ed.): 16 Countries, 95 Producers, 430 Pages www.ceresana.com/en 1 Market Data 1.1 World 1.1.1 Demand 1.1.2 Revenues 1.1.3 Production 1.2 Western Europe ... 1.3 Eastern Europe ... 1.4 North America ... 1.5 South America ... 1.6 Asia-Pacific ... 1.7 Middle East ... 1.8 Africa ... 2 Country Profiles 2.1 Western Europe 2.1.1 France 22.214.171.124 Demand and Revenues 126.96.36.199 Production and Trade 2.1.2 Germany ... 2.1.3 Italy ... 2.1.4 Spain ... 2.1.5 United Kingdom ... 2.1.6 Rest of Western Europe ... 2.2 Eastern Europe 2.2.1 Poland ... 2.2.2 Russia ... 2.2.3 Turkey ... 2.2.4 Rest of Eastern Europe ... 2.3 North America 2.3.1 Canada ... 2.3.2 Mexico ... 2.3.3 USA ... 2.4 South America 2.4.1 Brazil ... 2.4.2 Rest of South America ... 2.5 Asia-Pacific 2.5.1 China ... 2.5.2 India ... 2.5.3 Japan ... 2.5.4 South Korea ... 2.5.5 Rest of Asia- Pacific ... 3 Applications 3.1 World 3.1.1 Paints and varnishes 3.1.2 Plastics 3.1.3 Paper 3.1.4 Construction materials 3.1.5 Printing inks 3.1.6 Others 3.2 Western Europe ... 3.3 Eastern Europe ... 3.4 North America ... 3.5 South America ... 3.6 Asia-Pacific ... 3.7 Middle East 3.8 Africa 4 Products 4.1 Titanium dioxide 4.1.1 World 4.1.2 Western Europe 4.1.3 Eastern Europe 4.1.4 North America 4.1.5 South America 4.1.6 Asia-Pacific 4.1.7 Middle East / Africa 4.2 Carbon black ... 4.3 Iron oxides ... 4.4 Other inorganic pigments ... 4.5 Organic pigments ... ... 5 Company Profiles 5.1 Western Europe Belgium (1 Producer) Germany (10) Italy (1) Luxembourg (1) Sweden (1) Switzerland (3) The Netherlands (2) 5.2 Eastern Europe Croatia (1) Poland (1) Czechia (2) Russia (3) Serbia (1) Slovenia (1) Ukraine (2) 5.3 North America USA (13) 5.4 Asia-Pacific China (21) India (9) Japan (16) South Korea (2) Taiwan (1) 5.5 Middle East Iran (1) Saudi-Arabia (2) Order online now! 2006 2008 2010 2012 2014 2016p 2018p 2020p 2022p billionUS$ Western Europe Eastern Europe North America South America Asia-Pacific Middle East Africa Worldwide pigment revenues from 2006 to 2022 – split by region Example from chapter 1 Analyses of production, demand, and revenues of pigments 4
5. Market Study Pigments (4th ed.): 16 Countries, 95 Producers, 430 Pages 5 www.ceresana.com/en 1.2 Western Europe 1.2.1 Demand and Revenues Demand for pigments in Western Europe totaled approximately X million tonnes in 2014. Thus, demand fell by an average of X% p.a. since 2006. We forecast total demand for pigments in Western Europe to increase again by presumably X% p.a. until 2022. Given this growth rate, West European share on global pigments demand is likely to fall from X% in 2014 to roughly X% in 2022. Pigment revenues in Western Europe amounted to EUR X billion in 2014. We forecast market value to increase by X% p.a. in the next eight years. Graph: Pigment revenues in Western Europe from 2006 to 2022 in billion USD and billion EUR About X% of West European demand originated in Germany, followed by Italy and France. Demand in the United Kingdom and Spain is relatively low. The remaining West European countries (the Netherlands, Sweden, Austria, Portugal, Belgium, Denmark, Switzerland, Finland, Norway, and Ireland) reached an aggregated market share of X%. 2006 2008 2010 2012 2014 2016p 2018p 2020p 2022p billion US$ billion € Chapter 1: Extensive market data from 2006 to 2022: Western Europe• Eastern Europe• North America• South America• We forecast Germany to maintain its share of the West European market until 2022 as this country is likely to generate the most dynamic growth rates for the upcoming eight year period. Spain is expected to incur the weakest development as we anticipate de- mand to fall slightly. in 1.000 tonnes 2006 2008 2010 2012 2014 2016p 2018p 2020p 2022p 2014- 2022 Germany X X X X X X X X X X% p.a. France X X X X X X X X X X% p.a. United Kingdom X X X X X X X X X X% p.a. Italy X X X X X X X X X X% p.a. Spain X X X X X X X X X X% p.a. Others X X X X X X X X X X% p.a. Total X X X X X X X X X X% p.a. Table: Demand for pigments in Western Europe from 2006 to 2022 – split by major countries 1.2.2 Production About X million tonnes of pigments were produced in Western Europe in 2014. Ac- counting for a share of X% of total Western European output in 2014, Germany is the largest producer of pigments in this region. The United Kingdom and Italy ranked sec- ond and third. We expect output in Germany to continue to increase by X% p.a. until 2022 while development in Italy and the United Kingdom is anticipated to be less dy- namic. Order online now! • Asia-Pacific• Middle East• Africa• 188.8.131.52 USA – Demand and Revenues Around X million tonnes of pigments were processed throughout the USA during 2014. The USA are the second largest consumer of pigments worldwide, surpassed only by China. We forecast overall demand for pigments in the USA to rise to approx. X million tonnes in 2022. Compared to 2014, this constitutes an average increase of X% per year. In 2014, market value of pigments in the USA amounted to USD X billion. Until 2022, market value is likely to increase to approx. USD X billion. Compared to 2014, this con- stitutes an increase of, on average, X% per year. Graph: Demand for pigments in the USA from 2006 to 2022 The pigment reporting the highest market volume in the USA is Titanium dioxide; in 2014, about X tonnes of this product were consumed. Demand for iron oxides was slightly higher than demand for carbon black. We forecast consumption of all products to rise during the next eight years after some sectors suffered losses during the previ- ous eight year period. 2006 2008 2010 2012 2014 2016p 2018p 2020p 2022p 1,000tonnes in 1.000 tonnes 2006 2008 2010 2012 2014 2016p 2018p 2020p 2022p 2014- 2022 Titanium dioxide X X X X X X X X X X% p.a. Carbon black X X X X X X X X X X% p.a. Iron oxides X X X X X X X X X X% p.a. Other Inorganics X X X X X X X X X X% p.a. Organics X X X X X X X X X X% p.a. Total X X X X X X X X X X% p.a. Table: Demand for pigments in the USA from 2006 to 2022 – divided by types of pig- ments in 1.000 tonnes 2006 2008 2010 2012 2014 2016p 2018p 2020p 2022p 2014- 2022 Paints and Var- nishes X X X X X X X X X X% p.a. Plastics X X X X X X X X X X% p.a. Paper X X X X X X X X X X% p.a. Construction ma- terials X X X X X X X X X X% p.a. Printing inks X X X X X X X X X X% p.a. Others X X X X X X X X X X% p.a. Total X X X X X X X X X X% p.a. Table: Demand for pigments in the USA from 2006 to 2022 – split by application Application of pigments in the production of paints and varnishes accounted for the largest share of demand in the USA in 2014, registering an amount of X tonnes. De- mand of the plastics industry ranked second. We forecast all applications for pigments to experience sound growth until 2022. Demand for pigments on part of processors of paints and varnishes will rise by X% p.a. in the coming years. This increase is mainly due to demand for pigments in the segments OEM coatings and paints and varnishes for the construction industry. Chapter 2: Market analyses for 16 countries: Production• Demand• Import and Export• Revenues• Demand split by application• Demand split by product types•
6. Market Study Pigments (4th ed.): 16 Countries, 95 Producers, 430 PagesMarket Study Pigments (4th ed.): 16 Countries, 95 Producers, 430 Pages 4.1 Titanium Dioxide Titanium dioxide (TiO2) is used universally and has almost entirely replaced other white pigments. The most important application areas are paints and varnishes, plastics, and paper. Titanium dioxide pigments are suitable for very white paper that has to maintain opacity even when being very thin (air mail or thin printing paper). TiO2 can be incor- porated into the body of the paper or applied as a coating to offer a superior quality. Titanium dioxide is widely used in the plastics industry to color goods such as toys, electric appliances, automobiles, furniture, and plastic films. Paints and coatings ac- count for the largest share of TiO2 production. The presence of titanium dioxide ena- bles the protective potential of the coating material to be fully exploited. Coatings measuring just a few micrometers are enough to fully cover the substrate. Graph: Global titanium dioxide demand from 2006 to 2022 – split by region Over the past eight years, global demand for titanium dioxide rose by an average of X% per year. Out of the X million tonnes of titanium dioxide used worldwide in 2014, about X% were used in Asia-Pacific. Thus, this region enjoyed a considerable lead over North America and Western Europe. The highest relative increase at rates of X% p.a. between 2014 and 2022 is anticipated for Asia-Pacific. 2006 2008 2010 2012 2014 2016p 2018p 2020p 2022p 1,000tonnes Western Europe Eastern Europe North America South America Asia-Pacific Middle East Africa 6 www.ceresana.com/enOrder online now! 3.6 Asia-Pacific - Applications The production of paints and varnishes consumed X% of the X tonnes of pigments processed in Asia-Pacific in 2014; thus, this segment is the most important sales market in this region. Demand on the part of producers of plastics was only slightly lower; recorded market volume was X million tonnes. The sales market construction materials ranked third, followed by printing inks and paper. The highest relative increase at an average rate of X% p.a. during the next eight years is forecast for the segment printing inks. All other application areas will experience a positive development as well. The highest absolute growth in 2022 however will be recorded by the plastics industry. This sector is projected to consume about X million tonnes of pigments that year. We forecast total regional market volume to rise at an average rate of X% p.a. in the upcoming eight years and market volume to amount to approx. X million tonnes of pigments in 2022. Graph: Demand for pigments in Asia-Pacific from 2006 to 2022 – split by application 2006 2008 2010 2012 2014 2016p 2018p 2020p 2022p 1,000tonnes Paints and Varnishes Plastics Paper Construction Material Printing Inks Others Chapter 3: Demand split by the following applications: Paints and varnishes• Plastics• Paper• Construction materials• Printing inks• Other Applications• Chapter 4: Demand split by product types: Titanium dioxide• Carbon black• Iron oxides• Other inorganic pigments• Organic pigments•
7. Specific Information About Pigments The Swiss enterprise provides organic pigments, pigment preparations and specialty dyes. The range of application includes mainly coatings, paints, printings, plastics, consumer products and other spe- cial applications. Production Sites The company and its subsidiaries operate more than 120 production sites lo- cated across five continents. Profile Summary Clariant was formed in 1995 as a spin-off of the chemical company Sandoz, which had been founded in Basel in 1886. In 2014, the company employed a total workforce of 17,003 people. The firm is listed on the SIX Swiss Ex-change. In 2014, the company held total assets amounting to CHF7.9 billion. In the same year, Clariant sold its detergents & intermediates business and its joint venture ASK Chemicals, divested its water treatment business to South African AECI, but acquired the Chinese healthcare packaging specialist Vita- pac and Plastichemix Industries. In 2015, 3 acquisitions and 1 divestment took place. The last one was the di- vestment of the company’s Energy Storage Business to Johnson Matthey. The company’s acquisitions in 2015 include a part of Vivimed Labs Limited’s per- sonal care portfolio, the Swedish de-icing specialist Aerochem AB and the re- maining shares of Companhia Brasileira de Bentonita. Clariant’s quality and environmental management systems are certified ac- cording to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. In addition to that, the company has been awarded the OHSAS 18001 certification as well. 7 www.ceresana.com/en Order now your market studies or• free reading samples• online at www.ceresana.com/en, via fax, phone or e-mail - quickly and easily. Thank you very much for your confidence! For more than a decade, we have been sup- plying several 1,000 customers from more than 55 countries: medium-sized companies, multi- national enterprises as well as associations. Market analyses for your strategic management. Do you have any further questions? Please do not hesitate to contact us! Ceresana Blarerstr. 56, 78462 Constance, Germany Phone: +49 7531 94293-0 Fax +49 7531 94293-27 E-Mail: email@example.com Order online now! Market Study Pigments (4th ed.): 16 Countries, 95 Producers, 430 Pages Chapter 5: In-depth profiles for the largest manufacturers, inclu- ding BASF, Akzo Nobel, Altana, Clariant, Cristal, DIC, Evonik, Fer- ro, Huntsman, Kronos, Lanxess, Merck, Mitsubishi Chemical, and Tronox. Clariant Group Rothausstrasse 61 4132 Muttenz Switzerland Tel.: 41 61 469 51 11 Web: www.clariant.com Financial Key Data (in million CHF) Consolidated financial figures in million CHF General Information About the Company Divisions, Product Range The product portfolio includes: The company operates in the (following) business fields: 7370 6038 6076 6116 251 203 323 235 2011 2012 2013 2014 Net Income Sales 42% 25% 21% 12% Plastics & Coatings Care Chemical Natural Resources Catalysis & Energy 2014 sales divided by business segments 37% 23% 8% 16% 16% Europe Asia/ Pacific Middle East & Africa North America Latin America 2014 sales divided by regions Chapter 5: Data and facts on major producers, clearly arranged by: Contact details• Turnover and profit• Production sites• Profile summary• Product details•
8. 1) Please Choose Market Studies or Country Profiles Plastics Bioplastics Butanol Plastic Films - World Engineering Plastics Carbon Black Rigid Metal Packaging - Europe Expandable Polystyrene Catalysts Industry Plastics - Europe* Chelating Agents Adhesives - Europe Polyamide - PA6 & PA66 Ethylene Adhesives - World Polyethylene - HDPE Flavors Bitumen - Europe Polyethylene - LDPE Fragrances Doors & Windows - Europe Polyethylene - LLDPE Hydrofluoric Acid & Fluorochemicals Insulation Materials - Europe Polypropylene Propylene Insulation Materials - World Polystyrene Solvents Paints & Varnishes - Europe Polyurethanes & Isocyanates Styrene Paints & Varnishes - World Polyvinyl Chloride Surfactants Pipes - Europe Silicones Titanium Dioxide Plastic Pipes - Europe Synthetic Rubber Toluene Plastic Pipes - World Thermoplastic Elastomers Xylene Printing Inks - World Additives Packaging Agriculture Antioxidants Bags & Sacks - Europe Ammonia - World Biocides Bags & Sacks - World Crop Protection - World Fillers Caps & Closures - Europe Fertilizers - Europe Flame Retardants Corrugated & Solid Board & Carton Fertilizers - World Pigments Flexible Packaging - Europe Urea - World Plasticizers Food Packaging - Europe Value Chains Stabilizers Plastic Bottles - Europe Ethylene - China Chemicals Plastic Caps & Closures - Europe Ethylene - USA Benzene Plastic Caps & Closures - World Propylene - China Butadiene Plastic Containers - World Propylene - USA *Individual Country Profiles for the Market Study: Plastics - Europe Belgium France Germany Italy Poland Russia Spain The Netherlands Turkey United Kingdom 2) Language German English Please send us free reading samples first 3) Edition (Content is identical) Prices When ordering 2 studies: 10% discount 3 studies: 20% discount Basic (= book) for one site €2,700 Premium (= PDF file + book) for one site €3,900 Corporate (= printable PDF file) for all sites €5,900 all data in Excel (available with Corporate or Premium) for licensed site(s) €750 ____ additional book(s) for licensed site(s) €200 *Country Profiles (PDF file) for one site €500 each Upon receiving your order we will send the invoice immediately. PDF-files can be sent by email. Prices include shipping. (Customers from Germany: plus 19% VAT.) Our GTC apply. If paying by credit card: Card Number: _________ _________ _________ _________ Expiry date: ____ /____ 4) Contact Details 5) Order by Title/Name Phone +49 7531 94293 0 Company Fax +49 7531 94293 27 Department Email firstname.lastname@example.org Address Web www.ceresana.com Post Ceresana Technologiezentrum 78462 Constance Email Germany Phone Order now!
Approved Standard Work: Ceresana Publishes Fourth Market Report on Pigments . For the fourth time now, the market research company Ceresana analyzes the ...
... the world market for pigments: ... Approved Standard Work: Ceresana Publishes Fourth ... markets market studies market reports prices ...
For the fourth time now, the market research ... Approved Standard Work: Ceresana Publishes Fourth ... on total global pigment market, ...
For the fourth time now, the market research company ... Approved Standard Work: Ceresana Publishes Fourth ... the world market for pigments: ...
... analyzes the world market for pigments: ... Standard Work Ceresana Publishes Fourth Market ... report on happiness says a lot ...
... Ceresana analyzes the market for pigments: ... Approved Standard Work: Ceresana Publishes ... fourth time now, the market ...
Approved Standard Work: Ceresana Publishes Fourth Market Report ... Approved Standard Work: Ceresana Publishes ... total global pigment market, ...
Press release - CERESANA - Approved Standard Work: Ceresana Publishes Fourth Market Report on Pigments - published on openPR.com
Approved Standard Work: Ceresana Publishes ... ceresana.com www.ceresana.com For the fourth time now, the market research company Ceresana analyzes the ...