Published on December 6, 2016
1. APPROACHES IN LANGUAGE TEACHING
2. TOTAL PHYSICAL RESPONSE (Language - body conversations) -Developed by James Asher - Adults learning second language vs. children learning mother tongue Extra materials are not always necessary
3. Based on two theories
4. THEORY OF LANGUAGE Verbs in imperative and nouns Comprehension, production and communication are not important
5. Theory of learning 1) Bio programming – Developing of languages 2) Brain Lateralization – Uses of the two hemispheres 3) Stress
6. OBJETIVE Proficiency of a language
7. ESTRATEGY Kinesthetic activities Decoration
8. ROLES STUDENT VS TEACHER Depend on each other
9. THE MAIN APPROACH TO TEACH A LANGUAGE Humanistic approaches Communicative approaches
10. COMUNICATIVE LANGUAGE TEACHING (CLT)
11. The teaching-learning process language
12. Language as this helps to improve speech
13. METHOD Curriculum
14. TECHNIQUES Role-play Make easy dialogues but where the language factor is visible Cooperative activities that allow to develop creativity
15. AUTOLINGUAL METHOD Structural linguistics Principles of behavior psychology
16. Theory of language Theory of learning
18. Teacher and learner roles
19. THE NATURAL APPROACH Language acquisition in the classroom hypothesis: 1. The acquisition-learning distinction hypothesis 2. The monitor hypothesis . The natural order of acquisition hypothesis 3. The natural order of acquisition hypothesis 4. The input hypothesis 5. The affective filter hypothesis
20. METHOD It is aimed for beginners. It is not based on grammar It is based on observation and interpretation.
21. TECHNIQUES Brainstorming Basic Communicative expresions Oral recognition Reading Dialogues
Approaches and Methods in Language Teaching Third edition is an extensive revision of this highly successful book. As in previous editions Books ...
Cambridge Core - ELT Applied Linguistics - Approaches and Methods in Language Teaching - by Jack C. Richards
Approaches and Methods in Language Teaching (Cambridge Language Teaching Library) - Kindle edition by Jack C. Richards. Download it once and read it on your Kindle ...
Language Teaching Methods Teacher’s Handbook for the Video Series by Diane Larsen-Freeman Office of English Language Programs Materials Branch United States ...
Language teaching methodologies. Listed below are brief summaries of some of the more popular second language teaching methods of the last half century.
This second edition is an extensive revision of this successful text. Like the first edition, it surveys the major approaches and methods in language teaching, such ...
An approach is a way of looking at teaching and learning. Underlying any language teaching approach is a theoretical view of what language is, and of how it can be ...
This module provides a description of the basic principles and procedures of the most recognized and commonly used approaches and methods for teaching a second or ...
Dogme is a communicative approach to language teaching and encourages teaching without published textbooks and instead focusing on conversational communication ...