Published on September 22, 2015
1. Livestock Network Workshop: Workshop Objectives Dr. Vivian Iwar, ECOWAS Commission 21st-25th September 2015, Abuja-NIGERIA
2. Outline of Presentation Objectives Expected Outcomes Methodology of Meeting Updates on Recommendations Conclusion
3. Objectives Overall: To review the activities of animal health networks (RESEPI, RESOLAB & CVOs) To deliberate on the report of assessment of accreditation structures of veterinary drugs/biologicals To review and validate the African swine fever project plan To develop mechanism of collaboration for the prevention and control of emerging and re-emerging zoonosis To develop a framework for operationalization of epi-surveillance, lab, and CVO network To review the terms of reference for the establishment of Animal Production network To introduce information on the standards measures and procedure for Animal Health To present information and work plan on FAO institutional capacity support for livestock development on TCP/RAF/3505
4. Expected Outcomes The report of the assessment of accreditation structures of veterinary drugs/biologicals reviewed and validated The African swine fever project document is reviewed and validated The operational, funding and coordination mechanism for the sustainable management of Networks is developed The collaboration mechanism for the prevention and control of emerging and re-emerging zoonosis is developed The terms of reference for the establishment of Animal Production network is reviewed and recommended for its establishment Information on standards measures and procedures on animal health reviewed Information and work plan on FAO institutional capacity support for livestock development in TCP/RAF/3505 reviewed and refined
5. Organization of Meeting The workshop will utilize presentations and the work group approach Presentations by various presenters will provide clarity on the identified subject matter Presentation of information and work plan on TCP/RAF/3505 by FAO Work groups on various presentations Information on other activities on the continent and internationally
6. Report on Progress Accra-Ghana 2012: Recommendation for ECOWAS to take responsibility for coordination and sustainability of Networks Support from FAO for developing the strategy for the prevention and control of ASF Sharing experiences with SADC (Supported by FAO) Lagos-Nigeria 2013: 1st Annual ECOWAS Network Workshop Development and review of PPR strategy Initial attempts at developing Operational guidelines for the Networks 2014 No annual meeting due to outbreak of Ebola Study on Transhumance & review of the relevant instruments
7. Conclusion Strengthening and coordination of the ECOWAS networks for efficiency is important for food and nutritional security, income generation and wealth creation. Continuing support and building partnerships for strengthening Networks will be helpful Continued peer review and prompt information exchange among MS is essential as early warning is necessary for early action There is need for inter-professional and inter-agency collaboration for disease prevention and control
8. www.ecowas.int Thank you for your kind attention firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
THE WORLD ORGANISATION FOR ANIMAL HEALTH ... with headquarters in Abuja , ... hereinafter referred to as "ECOWAS", AND The World Animal Health ...
Hier sollte eine Beschreibung angezeigt werden, diese Seite lässt dies jedoch nicht zu.
Copyright © 2015 ECOWAS|CEDEAO. Designed by Community Computer Centre. SCHEDULE OF MEETINGS ...
... in Bamako as a Specialized ECOWAS centre on animal health. ... An ECOWAS presentation at the ... Health (OIE) and Reseau Billatal (Network for ...
Eastern Africa Regional Animal Health Networks Meeting ... and the HPAI Consultation held in Abuja, ... December 2015.Countries ...
Good presentation skills. Age: ... shall be based at the ECOWAS Commission in Abuja. ... At The Federal Ministry Of Health; 2015 vacancy At Workforce ...
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS ; French: Communauté économique des États de l'Afrique de l'Ouest, CEDEAO) is a regional group of ...
2015 Merial Vet Scholars Winner ... and find out how they've helped shape Merial into the animal health company it is today. ... industrial network.
Fifteen years. That is the target international animal health specialists have set themselves to eradicate peste des petits ruminants (PPR). This is only ...
Network linking all Member State ... Climate impacts public and animal health ... The PowerPoint PPT presentation: "ECOWAS Initiatives in Statistical ...