Published on March 7, 2014
“Android is a software stack or software development kit for mobile devices that includes an operating system, middleware and key applications”
• It's a consortium of 84 companies such as Google, Samsung, AKM, Synaptics, KDDI, Garmin, Teleca, Ebay, Intel etc. • It was established on 5th November, 2007, led by Google. It is committed to advance open standards, provide services and deploy handsets using the Android Platform.
• Initially, Andy Rubin founded Android Incorporation in Palo Alto, California, United States in October, 2003. • In August 17, 2005, Google acquired Android Inc. Since then, it is in the subsidiary of Google Inc. • Key employees of Android Inc. are Andy Rubin, Rich Miner, Nick Sears and Chris White.
• • • • There are many advantages of android. They are as follows: It is open-source. Anyone can customize the Android Platform. There are a lot of mobile applications that can be chosen by the consumer. • It provides many interesting features like weather details, opening screen, live RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds etc. • It provides support for messaging services(SMS and MMS), web browser, storage (SQLite), connectivity (GSM, CDMA, Blue Tooth, Wi-Fi etc.), media, handset layout etc.
Version s Kitkat Android 4.4
• • • • • • • • Activity View Intent Service Content Provider Fragment AndroidManifest.xml Android Virtual Device
• Android supports java, c++, c# etc. language to develop android applications. Java is the officially supported language for android. All the android examples of this site is developed using Java language and Eclipse IDE. • The simplest technique to install required softwares for android application. It includes: Eclipse IDE Android SDK Eclipse Plug-in • Download the ADT from android site, you don't need to have eclipse IDE, android SDK and eclipse Plug-in because it is already included in adt bundle.
• The modern JVM is high performance and provides excellent memory management. But it need to be optimized for low-powered handheld devices. The Dalvik Virtual Machine is optimized for mobile devices. It optimizes the JVM for memory, performance, and battery life. • The Dex compiler converts the class files into the .dex files that run on the Dalvik VM.
Introduction to Android How Android started Android is an operating system for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers. It is developed by ...
Android provides a rich application framework that allows you to build innovative apps and games for mobile devices in a Java language environment.
Developing Android applications This tutorial describes how to create Android applications. It describes the usage of Android Studio. It is based on ...
Android applications are written in java programming language. Android is available as open source for developers to develop applications which can be ...
To develop apps for Android, you use a set of tools that are included in Android Studio. ... Developer Workflow; close. Developer Console
Android Introduction Platform Overview @2011 Mihail L. Sichitiu * @2011 Mihail L. Sichitiu * What is Android? Android is a software stack for mobile ...
Developing for Android - An Introduction Author: Rupali Sharma What is Android? Android is the world's most popular operating system for mobile devices and ...
Introduction. This article will make you understand the basics of Android Operating System and the architecture behind it. The topics which will ...
Kick start the learning journey to Android development with an introduction to Android, a comparison with other mobile platforms, followed by a ...