Published on March 2, 2014
photo by BA Data An introduction to CLEANWEB by email@example.com facebook.com/cleanwebespana @cleanwebES
CLEANTECH Cleantech refers to the development and application of technology with the aim to improve resource efﬁciency. It includes, amongst others: • Renewable energy • Mobility • Water-related technologies Photo: USACE
CLEANTECH CHARACTERISTICS • • • • Technology-based: mainly hardware Capital intensive Long development periods Highly dependent on gov. decisions Photo: Brookhaven Nat. lab.
CLEANTECH CHALLENGES Current challenges are not about fundamental science. Are about: • Complex ﬁnancing & incentives • Failure to communicate to consumers • Poor sales channels
Many opportunities await in the digitalisation of green
CLEANWEB Efﬁciency CLEANTECH Cleanweb INTERNET OF THINGS Data & networks COLLABORATIVE CONSUMPTION Market re-structuring
CLEANWEB A form of clean tech that takes advantage of the Internet, social media, and mobile communications to alter how we consume resources, relate to the world, interact with each other, and pursue economic growth. Sunil Paul & Nick Allen. MIT Technology Review Photo: Lightmash
ELEMENTS • • • • Network-based technology is core Resource-focus Deﬁned business model Scalability Photo: ogimogi
VALUE CREATION • • • Helping consume resources more efﬁciently Making environmental data meaningful Disrupting cleantech ﬁnancing models Photo:MetroMile
ADVANTAGES • • • • Agile development Capital light Low-risk Scalability Photo: Desarrollando America Latina
6 BUSINESS MODELS 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Customer engagement platforms Collaborative ﬁnancing models Decision-making tools Loyalty programs P2P lending resources Data monitoring & management Photo: szwerink
1. CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT PLATFORMS • • Use data from utilities and public service providers (energy, water, transport) to create customer value though visualisation of data in ways that is meaningful and actionable Who? Opower, Tendrill, Dropcountr, Watersmart
2. COLLABORATIVE FINANCING MODELS • • Crowdfunding of renewable energy projects with a deﬁned return of investment Who? Solar Mosaic, Milk the Sun, Tangerine Power
3. DECISION-MAKING TOOLS • • Saas to evaluate the potential of commercial and private (PV) projects. Simulations include: how much power can be generated, costs of an installation, ROI, efﬁciency Who? QuickSolar, Solarist
4. LOYALTY PROGRAMS • • Get rewards for your sustainable/green actions: saving water, energy, produce your own energy, using public transport Who? Changers, Ecostastic, PlaytoRide
5. PEER-TO-PEER LENDING RESOURCES • • Lending and/or renting between individuals of hight costs goods, like housing and cars. Access to functionality, instead of ownership Who? Airbnb, SocialCar, Relay Rides
6. DATA MONITORING & MANAGEMENT • • Combination of hardware & software to monitor energy, temperature, or smart homes Who? Nest, Valta, Envirocar, Metromille
SUMMARIZING • Cleanweb is about developing ICT-based business solutions that aim to make a more efﬁcient use of resources ! • The digitalization of green brings opportunities that create environmental, user, and business value ! • Join the conversation and learn more about Cleanweb at The Cleanweb Initiative (cleanweb.co)
facebook.com/cleanwebespana @cleanwebES firstname.lastname@example.org
“It’s very hard to run a privately run business incubator in Europe and be profitable,” said Oriol Pascual, ... An Introduction to Cleanweb. Keep ...
The Introduction to the Cleanweb event held at Bristol’s Engine Shed this month as part of Digital Bristol Week did a fantastic job of bringing together ...
This NASA video provides an introduction to aerosols: their varied sources, brief lifetimes and erratic behavior. ... About the CLEAN Project.
8:45 AM | Welcome and Introduction. 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM | Brainstorming Session ... The Boston Cleanweb Hackathon is free for all participants. ...
Cleanweb January 2014 ... Harvard i-lab | UX Design: An Introduction with Scout Stevenson - Duration: 58:06. by Harvard ilab 38,656 views. 58:06
Introduction. The Web Application Projects add-in provides a Visual Studio 2005 Web project model option that works like the Visual Studio .NET 2003 Web ...
Introduction. Designers everywhere gush with admiration upon seeing a web design and exclaim "its beautiful, it's so clean!".
An Introduction To Practical AOP Using PostSharp. ... Concluding his look at combining MbUnit and Watin to produce clean web integration tests, ...