Published on January 21, 2016
1. © SOL MARKETING | 1 YOUR IDEAL CUSTOMER ARCHETYPE January 21, 2016 Tweet the event! #IdealCustomer #BrandingIsSex @Sol_Marketing @Deb_Sol @AustinAMA Drop your business card in the basket to enter to win a free brand coaching session!
2. © SOL MARKETING | 2 AGENDA • Branding basics • Three existential questions • Who is your brand for? • How do you create an ideal customer archetype?
3. © SOL MARKETING | 3 Brand or be branded.
4. © SOL MARKETING | 4 What is a brand?
5. © SOL MARKETING | 5 The collective emotional response to your product or service
6. © SOL MARKETING | 6 Expectations
7. © SOL MARKETING | 7 Memories
8. © SOL MARKETING | 8 Stories
9. © SOL MARKETING | 9 A relationship
10. © SOL MARKETING | 10 Differentiation that’s meaningful to customers
11. © SOL MARKETING | 11 An intangible asset
12. © SOL MARKETING | 12 A financial asset
13. © SOL MARKETING | 13
14. © SOL MARKETING | 14 A BRAND IS A PROMISE
15. © SOL MARKETING | 15 Functional Benefits and Attributes Emotional Benefits Self-expressive benefits, beliefs and values addressed Hardest to deliver Hardest to imitate Most differentiating and defining Longest shelf-life Key element of emotional brand BRAND VALUE PYRAMID
16. © SOL MARKETING | 16 THE TOP OF YOUR BRAND PYRAMID THE THREE EXISTENTIAL QUESTIONS What does it say about a person that use/drive/eat/ drink/wear your brand? What is the SINGULAR thing a person gets from your brand she/he can’t get anywhere else? How do you make your customer the hero in her/his own story?
17. © SOL MARKETING | 17 THE LURE OF SEGMENT MARKETING 1:1 and personalization are not trends; they are mandates How do you protect your brand with all these individualized interactions?
18. © SOL MARKETING | 18 WHO IS YOUR BRAND FOR? YOUR IDEAL CUSTOMER Who is the archetypal person who is MOST highly predictive of your brand’s success?
19. © SOL MARKETING | 19 THE IDEAL CUSTOMER ARCHETYPE • What do they LOOK like? • What is their day like? • What keeps them up at night? What are they afraid of? • What are their goals? • What are their challenges? • What do they care most about in life?
20. © SOL MARKETING | 20 DIAL IT IN • What makes them feel good? • What makes them feel SEXY? • What makes them feel bad? • How do they measure success? • What role does our brand play in creating that success for them? • What’s the story of their life, and how do we make them the hero?
21. © SOL MARKETING | 21 ASSESS THEIR PERSONALITY • What personality traits do they have? • Where do they like to go on vacation? • What do they wear? • What car do they drive? • Where do they hang out? • What do they aspire to be? • How do they spend their time? • What movie character do they wish they could be?
22. © SOL MARKETING | 22 EXERCISE #1 LET’S PRACTICE: IDEAL CUSTOMER ARCHETYPE • Who is the ideal customer? Draw a picture, write a song, or tell a story! • Work together in groups of 3-4 people. • You have 6 minutes. You will work on one brand: • Whole Foods • Trader Joe’s • H-E-B • Costco • Sustainable Food Center Farmer's Market
23. © SOL MARKETING | 23 EXERCISE #2 YOUR BRAND’S IDEAL CUSTOMER ARCHETYPE • Who is YOUR brand’s ideal customer? • Draw a picture, answer the questions, write a song, or tell a story! • You have 6 minutes.
24. © SOL MARKETING | 24 LET’S START SOMETHING 512.445.4807 email@example.com @Sol_Marketing Facebook.com/ SolMarketingConcepts These slides and more will be posted at blog.solmarketing.com Let’s draw the winner for the free brand coaching session!
Deb Gabor's presentation and worksheet from AMA Austin's event, How Brands Create Irrational Loyalty.
... using the Ideal Customer Archetype ... Sol Marketing's Deb Gabor can show you how ... Gabor, Founder of Sol Marketing and EO Austin ...
10.6K tweets • 97 photos/videos • 4,152 followers. Check out the latest Tweets from Austin AMA (@AustinAMA)
AMA Luncheon Series – Cuvee Coffee, A 17 Year Branding Story. ... Grow. with the AMA Luncheon Series. Presenter. Mike McKim Founder & CEO, Cuvée Coffee.
Austin entrepreneurs say branding is their ... American Marketing Association CEO Deb Gabor Entrepreneur Organization Ideal Customer Archetype Sol Marketing.
Get to Know Katharine Rovinsky, Our June Volunteer of the Month. ... 2015 AMA, austin ama, Member ... Where do you go for marketing information and thought ...
American Mathematical Society. ... My Account · My Cart · Customer Services · FAQ . Publications. Book Program; Bookstore; eBooks; Journals ...
"Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Credit Card Companies, ... Discover is serious about safeguarding your personal information online.
... news, events and other important information from Anadarko Petroleum Corporation. Latest News; Media Library; ... Marketing; Overview; Overview ...
Sofitel luxury hotels blend French elegance with local culture and gastronomy, creating a magnifique experience in the world's most exciting destinations.