Published on January 4, 2016
1. Alternative Energies in The U.S.: Investment Potential in the near Future
2. Table of Contents Page Title: Page Number: U.S. Profile 3 Alternative Energy Sources 16 Biomass Energy 18 Geothermal Energy 28 Hydroelectric Energy 39 Solar Energy 50 Wind Energy 60 Government Energy Management 75 Top Five States Using Renewable Energy 81 Page Title: Page Number: Top Five States: States Vs. EPA 99 Energy Companies in Each Sector 114 Biomass Energy 117 Geothermal Energy 129 Hydroelectric Energy 141 Solar Energy 151 Wind Energy 159 Investment Outlook 168 Work Cited 178
3. Alternative Energy Sources: The top 5 renewable energy sources used in the United States.
4. Five Types of Renewable Energy: Wind PowerSolar Power Biomass Geothermal Energy Hydroelectric Power Compiled By author from myenergygateway.org
5. Biomass Energy: Six Types- Direct Burning for Domestic Heat Electric Generation Co-generation Gastrification Anaerobic Digestion Biofuels Compiled By author from TriplePundit.com
6. Biomass Energy: Top 10 Trends- Prevents waste build up Diverts 30 million tons of organic waste Makes up 4 percent of power generation capacity Clean energy Reduces carbon dioxide Its carbon neutral Does not threaten forest Uses waste byproducts Most of it is used in the residential sector In the future incentives will increase demand Compiled by author from Sources reenergyholdings.com and reunters.com
7. Biomass Energy: Market Outlook- The market suffered during the economic downturn 2010 saw more movement as co-firing coal plants began to rise
8. Biomass Energy: Market Outlook- In 2011, the market value for electricity generated was over $45 billion Biomass has increased with the employment of tax credits and legislation
9. Geothermal Energy: Facts- U.S. FACT: California has more than 40 geothermal power stations producing five percent of the state’s needs World FACT: Philippines, Iceland, El Salvador are generating more than 25% of their electricity needs through geothermal plants
10. Geothermal Energy: Top 10 Trends- Marginal growth and smaller projects More education on exploration Marketing is a challenge that they will be facing There will be an increase in public engagement More region events to show what geothermic energy can do Industry associations will help promote the industry More activity by larger companies There will be in increase in supply price No big financing deals for the industry Larger interest in direct use projects Compiled By author from source thinkgeoenergy.com
11. Geothermal Energy: Market Outlook- In 2013, investments and emerging technology continue to increase geothermal output Low-temperature electricity generation units have gained popularity and account for a large portion of the overall geothermal market
12. Eight States Operating Large-scale Geothermal Plants: Alaska California Hawaii Idaho Nevada New Mexico Oregon Utah Compiled By author from EIA.gov
13. Hydroelectric Energy: Facts- Hydroelectric provides 20% of the world’s energy needs It is an environmentally friendly energy alternative Resources are not depleted
14. Hydroelectric Energy- Top 10 Trends- Growth still occurring Installed capacity had a net increase of 1.48 GW Upgrades and modernizing is constantly happening Post licensing is taking longer Project size is normally small Projects in FERC amount to 331 or 4.37GW New projects need to operate in such a way so not to harm the dam Incentives have supported new projects Each state defines eligibility a certain way Operational mode of fleet is flexible Compiled by Author from source energy.gov
15. Hydroelectric Energy: Market Overview- Represents 8% of the nation’s capacity Wind is slowly growing in Texas and Iowa Constructing new facilities is limited since most suitable sites have already been exploited
16. Solar Energy: Facts- The are two main solar systems: Panels: Used to collect heat, for hot water, space heating and air conditioning Collectors: Focuses on an intense beam on a vessel or pipe containing fluid
17. Solar Energy: Top 10 Trends- Record PV installations Approaching Price Parity Installations of Solar battery systems New financing models advance Community Solar energy system Solar tariffs are here to stay California in 2015 will become global leader in solar power penetration Very costly All though it is clean and sustainable, building solar panels isn’t Continue to grow in a vertical fashion Compiled by author from sources greenbiz.com and ihs.com
18. Solar Energy: Prices- Compiled By author from SEIA.org
19. Solar Energy: Growth Expected Through 2016- About 20,000 MW of solar capacity is estimated to come online over the next two years More than 16 states expected to top the 100 MW mark by 2016 The upcoming expiration of the reduction of the Investment Tax Credit is expected to lead to a 57% decline of installed solar capacity in 2017 Compiled By author from Seia.org
20. Wind Energy: Facts- Wind power contributed 4.5% of U.S. electricity demand in 2013 and was used in 39 states The U.S. can produce more than 10 times its energy needs using wind power
21. Wind Energy: Top 10 Trends- Wind Jobs are increasing Wind installations are moving up Wind benefits every state Cost are going down Wind is a top source of new GEneration Wind is a top source of new GEneration Corporations want wind Carbon and water savings greater than previously thought New transmission opens new areas for development New Wind records show its Reliability U.S Leads World in Wind Compiled By author from source aweablog.org
22. Utility-scale wind deployment through 2013 Wind Energy: Market Overview- Compiled By author from Energy.gov
23. Work Cited: "Abengoa Bioenergy." Abengoa Bioenergy. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Sept. 2015. <http://www.abengoabioenergy.com/web/en/index.html>. "About Us." About Us. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Sept. 2015. <http://www.nahydro.com/about-us>. "Berkshire Hathaway Energy." Berkshire Hathaway Energy. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Sept. 2015. <https://www.berkshirehathawayenergyco.com/>. "Biomass Georgia." Biomass. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Sept. 2015. <http://www.gabiomass.com/about/>. "Biomass Magazine - The Latest News on Biomass Power, Fuels and Chemical." Biomass Magazine - The Latest News on Biomass Power, Fuels and Chemical. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Sept. 2015. <http://biomassmagazine.com/plants/listplants/biomass/US/>. "Caletta Renewable Energy." Caletta. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Sept. 2015. http://www.calettarenewable.com/home.html "Calpine - Committed to Providing Environmentally Responsible, Renewable Energy." Calpine - Committed to Providing Environmentally Responsible, Renewable Energy. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Sept. 2015. <http://www.calpine.com/>. "Clean Energy." Deepwater Wind. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Sept. 2015. <http://dwwind.com/>. "Community Energy, Inc." Community Energy. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Sept. 2015. <https://www.communityenergyinc.com/>. "Company Profile." FPL. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Sept. 2015. <https://www.fpl.com/about/company-profile.html>. Corporate Responsibility Report 2013. Luxembourg: EIB, 2013. Http://www.abengoabioenergy.com/. 2013. Web. 2 Sept. 2015. <http://www.abengoabioenergy.com/export/sites/abg_bioenergy/resources/pdf/acerca_de/en/20140708_2013_RSC_Abengoa_ Bioenergy.pdf>. Earth Justice “Because the Earth Needs a Good Lawyer” http://earthjustice.org/features/map-coming-clean-state-of-u-s- energy Geology.com Trends in Renewable Energy Production and Consumption in the USA http://geology.com/articles/renewable- energy-trends/ Geothermal Energy Association – Geothermic Basics-Policy http://geo-energy.org/geo_basics_policy.aspx
24. Work Cited: "Geothermal Energy Association Major Companies." Geothermal Energy Association Major Companies. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Sept. 2015. <http://geo- energy.org/Major_companies.aspx>. “Green Power Partnership." EPA. Environmental Protection Agency, 27 June 2015. Web. 31 Aug. 2015. <http://www.epa.gov/greenpower/toplists/top100.htm>. Greentechefficiency http://www.greentechmedia.com/channel/efficiency Greentechsolar: Investment Bankers Think Solar and Wind Will Grow Way Faster Than the IEA Forecast http://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/investment-bankers-think-solar-and-wind-are-going-to-grow-faster-than-IEA "Home." Terra-Genpower. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Sept. 2015. <http://www.terra-genpower.com/Home.aspx>. "Hydroelectric Energy." -Duke Energy. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Sept. 2015. <https://www.duke-energy.com/environment/hydroelectric-power.asp>. Into The Wind: The AWEA Blog 10 Top Trends for Wind Power in 2014 http://www.aweablog.org/ten-top-trends-for-wind-power-in-2014/ MyEnergyGateway 5 Types of Renewable Energy http://www.myenergygateway.org/whats-up/5-types-renewable-energy "Narenco." Narenco. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Sept. 2015. <http://www.narenco.com/>. NRDC Natural Resources Defense Council http://www.nrdc.org/energy/renewables/biomass.asp “Next Era Energy Annual Report." Next Era Energy. N.p., 2014. Web. 3 Sept. 2015. <Next Era energy/Downloads/NEE%20Annual%20Report%202014.pdf>. "NextEra Energy, Inc. | Renewable Energy, Solar Energy, Wind Energy, Clean Energy." NextEra Energy, Inc. |. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Sept. 2015. <http://www.nexteraenergy.com/index.shtml>. "Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy." Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Sept. 2015. <http://energy.gov/eere/office-energy-efficiency-renewable-energy>. "ORENCO Hydropower, Inc." Values. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Sept. 2015. <http://www.orencohydropower.com/values>. Red, White and Renewable: The Top Ten U.S. States for Alternative Energy http://www.ecomagination.com/top-ten-u-s-states-for-renewable-energy ReEnergy Holdings, LLC Renewable Engergy http://www.reenergyholdings.com/renewable-energy/environmental-benefits/ Research and Markets: Global Biomass Market Forecast - Assessment of Opportunities, Trends and Challenges 2014-2023 http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/13/research-and-markets-idUSnBw135407a+100+BSW20150213
25. Work Cited: SEIA Solar Energy Industry Association Solar Industry Data Solar Industry Breaks 20 GW Barrier - Grows 34% Over 2013 http://www.seia.org/research- resources/solar-industry-data “Social Responsibility." Social Responsibility. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Sept. 2015. <http://brookfieldrenewable.com/content/social_responsibility-30415.html>. "Solar Energy." Global Leader in Industry – Black & Veatch. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Sept. 2015. <http://bv.com/home/capabilities/market/energy/renewable- energy/solar-energy>. "Solar Energy Installation & Renewable Energy Design: About RED Group, L3c." RED Group L3C. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Sept. 2015. <http://redgroupnc.com/>. Ten Solar Trends to dawn in the New Year http://www.greenbiz.com/article/top-10-solar-trends-dawn-new-year The Outlook for Renewable Energy in America http://www.acore.org/files/pdfs/ACORE_Outlook_for_RE_2014.pdf "The Top 10 Biggest Geothermal Power Plants in the World." - Power Technology. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Sept. 2015. <http://www.power- technology.com/features/feature-top-10-biggest-geothermal-power-plants-in-the-world/>. "Think GeoEnergy - Geothermal Energy News." Think GeoEnergy Geothermal Energy News. N.p., 27 Dec. 2013. Web. 03 Sept. 2015. <http://www.thinkgeoenergy.com/our-top-10-trends-for-geothermal-in-2014/>. Top Solar Power Industry Trends for 2015: https://www.ihs.com/Info/0115/top-solar-power-industry-trends-for -2015.html Top 10 Renewable Energy Sources http://listverse.com/2009/05/01/top-10-renewable-energy-sources "United Renewable Energy." United Renewable Energy - About URE. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Sept. 2015. <http://www.u-renew.com/about.php>. U.S. Energy Information Administration Annual Energy Outlook 2015 With Projections till 2040 http://www.eia.gov/forecasts/aeo/pdf/0383(2015).pdf U.S. Department of Energy: Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Wind and Water Power Technologies Office http://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2015/04/f22/2014%20Hydropower%20Market%20Report_20150424.pdf "Welcome to DTE Biomass Energy." Welcome to DTE Biomass Energy. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Sept. 2015. <http://www.dtebe.com/index.html>. "Windland - Clean Energy from Wind." Windland - Clean Energy from Wind. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Sept. 2015. <http://www.windland.com/default.aspx>. "Wheelabrator Technologies Inc. Is a World Leader in the Safe and Environmentally Sound Conversion of Municipal Solid Waste - and Other Renewable Waste Fuels - into Clean Energy." About Us. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Sept. 2015. <http://www.wtienergy.com/about-us/index.html>.
Alternative energy is often ... second highest market cap within the alternative energy ... of how alternative energies work and why ...
energy2market ist ein unabhängiges Stromhandelshaus. Wir sind auf die Direktvermarktung von Energie aus dezentralen Erzeugungsanlagen spezialisiert.
Anmeldung. Benutzername: Kennwort: * * angemeldet bleiben; Kennwort vergessen?
Renewable Energy Big Pic: Part 2 ... there are already some companies looking to bring home energy storage systems to mass market. For ...
Renewable energy commercialization ... Many energy markets, ... to the Corporation in 2009 as part of a program to promote alternative ...
Alternative Energy News publishes articles about renewable energy, new technologies, and anything that will help our civilization ... Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 ...
... advances in renewable energy markets ... markets, Europe and the US. In part this was ... 2: GLOBAL TRANSACTIONS IN RENEWABLE ENERGY, ...
MARKET VECTORS GLOBAL ALTERNATIVE ENERGY ETF ETF (WKN A1C4T1 / ISIN FR0010588210) ... Performance 2 Jahre -17,36%: Performance 3 Jahre 32,14%: ...
Alternative energy refers to energy sources that ... the use of clean alternative energies such as the home use of solar ... Stock market investors who ...
The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) accelerates development and facilitates deployment of energy efficiency and renewable energy ...