Published on March 1, 2014
“All About the Benjamins” Jerrod A. Henderson, Ph.D. February 26, 2014 1
Motivation for this lesson radio interview on “In the Market with Janet Parshall” http://www.moodyradio.org Look for past programs (Monday, February 24th ‘1st hour’ 2
Proverbs 3:5-6 Proverbs 3: 5Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. 3
Introduction • Scripture constantly puts before us two choices/two paths – Choose who you will serve (Joshua 24:14-15) – Choose broad vs. the narrow way (Matthew 7:13-14) • Proverbs speaks of the way of wisdom and the way of foolishness – The way of wisdom leads to life & the way of foolishness will lead to devastation • Many stressors/devastations of life produced because we lack wisdom in “all of our ways” • We’ve trained people how to perfect prayer, the dance, teaching, preaching yet neglected the natural WE LACK THE PROPER CURRENCY TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN CERTAIN ARENAS BECAUSE WE LACK WISDOM 4
WE LACK THE PROPER CURRENCY TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN CERTAIN ARENAS • Political arena: the vote currency • Educational arena: Degrees (associates, bachelors, masters, Ph.D., M.D., J.D.) currency • Life: Health & wellness currency • God’s system: Faith currency (Hebrews 11:6) • Market place: Money currency • Church we should be teaching how to use all types of currency • Dilemma is we’re asking people to give what they don’t have and what they have not budgeted for Tonight we are going to talk about: money, dinero, mula, benjamins, bread, cheese, coins, etc. 5
Questions • If the money you were given tonight is your budget for the month. Please describe how you plan on using it. • If the money you were given is a surprise gift. Describe how you plan on using it. 6
1. God is the Source • Philippians 4:19 “My God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” – God will supply – All belongs to Him • 2 Corinthians 9:8 “And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency.” – In other words when we take this approach we’ve got what we need – It’s in our hand (Moses what’s that in your hand?) – Question now becomes how are we stewarding HIS stuff? 7
2. Giving is Essential • Luke 6:38 “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give unto your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.” – Stay in the flow… while you are taking care of God’s business, he’s taking care of yours – Try it…. Distribution center vs. safe deposit box • According to Deuteronomy 14: 23, one purpose of tithing was to teach the people of Israel to put God first in their lives – Never meant to be a burden but as power and demonstration for us 8
3. Live Within Your Means • Secret of Contentment - Hebrews 13:5 "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." – Old car (paid off) vs. new car with payments – II Corinthians 6:10 “As sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.” • Allows room for things to happen • Remove emotion from giving, saving & spending – Next day test: shoes Contentment quote “Use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without.” 9
4. Increase Your Saving • Proverbs 21:20 “There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.” • Saving every little bit helps $25/mo $50/mo $75/mo $100/mo $300 Year 1 $300 $600 $900 $1200 $3600 Year 2 $600 $1200 $1800 $2400 $7200 Year 3 $900 $1800 $2700 $3600 $10,800 Year 4 $1200 $2400 $3600 $4800 $14,400 Year 5 $1500 $3000 $4500 $6000 $18,000 Year 6 $1800 $3600 $5400 $7200 $21,600 Year 7 $2100 $4200 $6300 $8400 $25,200 Year 8 $2400 $4800 $7200 $9600 $28,800 Year 9 $2700 $5100 $8100 $10,800 $32,400 Year 10 $3000 $6000 $9000 $12,000 $36,000 10
Savings & Group Giving • Takes advantage of the principle of multiplicity • What if we had a corporate gift – See how we could reach goals corporately $1,000 $5,000 $10,000 $35,000 25 members $40 (each) $200 $400 $1400 50 members $20 (each) $100 $200 $700 100 members $10 (each) $50 $100 $350 11
5. Keep Out of Debt • Psalm 37:21 “the wicked borroweth, and payeth not again." The minute a person goes into debt, he loses a portion of his freedom.” • Proverbs 22:7 "The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender." • Keep a budget – Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established: and by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches" (Proverbs 24:3,4) – Teach our children • • Write down a name for all of your debts... list them all. Rank them in the order you’d like to get rid of them. How might I better manage my finances? 12
Ways to pay down debt • Set small goals • Pay off lower balances first and pay slightly above the minimum payment on all other debts. Once the debts with the lowest balances are paid off, use the extra money to pay off the next lowest balance. Continue to do this until you are debt free. • Don’t enter into any “new” debts until old ones are paid off • ALWAYS PAY MORE THAN THE MINIMUM BALANCE 13
Budget • Can be as simple or as complex as you’d like January February Income $7000 Balance Tithes & Offering $800 $6200 Savings $300 $5900 Mortgage $800 $5100 Electricity $150 $4950 Cable $150 $4800 Groceries $200 $4600 Gas $200 $4400 Car Note $400 $4000 Student Loan $300 $3750 Credit Card 1 $100 $3650 Entertainment $50 Balance $3600 $400 14
Where do we go from here? • http://billiondollarpaydown.com/ (free resource) • Invest in the book (dfree Breaking Free from Financial Slavery) DeForest B. Soaries, Jr. • Register for our Financial Vitality Workshops – February 26 (tonight- Introduction) – May 1 (a banker/financial planner will lead) – October 2 (a banker/financial planner will lead) 15
With Ice Cube, Mike Epps, Tommy Flanagan, Carmen Chaplin. A bounty hunter chases and catches suspects all over Miami . He ends up getting shot at and start ...
Puff Daddy ft. The Notorious B.I.G., The LOX & Lil' Kim - It's All About the Benjamins [Official Video] No copyright infringement intended ...
All About the Benjamins is a 2002 American action comedy film directed by Kevin Bray, and starring Ice Cube and Mike Epps as a bounty hunter and a repeat ...
"It's All About the Benjamins" Single by Puff Daddy featuring Lil' Kim, The LOX and The Notorious B.I.G. from the album No Way Out; Released: June 30, 1997
Navigation überspringen. Home; Menü; Drinks; Reservierung; Über uns; Kontakt . Menükarte | Catering | News | Jobs | Kontakt | 360° Diner Ansicht
Besuchen Sie Benjamins American Diner in Mannheim. American Burger, Pommes, Spare Ribs, Pancakes and many more!
About us. John Benjamins Publishing Company is an independent, ... All our books and journals are also available electronically. Online Journals.
All About the Money (Originaltitel: All About the Benjamins) ist eine US-amerikanische Actionkomödie aus dem Jahr 2002. Regie führte Kevin Bray, das ...
Directed by Kevin Bray. With Ice Cube, Mike Epps, Tommy Flanagan, Carmen Chaplin. A bounty hunter chases and catches suspects all over Miami . He ends up ...