Published on March 12, 2014
Achieving Appropriate Security Settings in a multi user environment – Darwin International Airport Alex MacDowell Operations Director NT Airports
• Privatised in 1998 • Airport Development Group Pty Ltd • Centrally located – 6kms from CBD • Local Population of 132,000 • Joint User Facility (RAAF) • 311 Hectares (1258 hectares RAAF) • Two runways • 17 aircraft bays
Commercial Operations • Regular A320, A321, A330, B767, B737, B717, EM2, M23, E170, F100 aircraft patronage • 24 hour, curfew free operation • 2.4M Passengers 13/14 (2.3M 12/13) o 1.93M Domestic 13/14 (1.8M 12/13) o 470K International 13/14 (390K 12/13) • A380 Diversion Port • Two storey, modern, integrated terminal • 100% Checked Baggage Screening (Domestic and International) • Currently undergoing $60+M terminal expansion
Military Operations • No regular Defence stationed aircraft • Op Resolute – P3 Orions • Op Slipper – Staging return • Humanitarian operations • Exercises – Pitch Black, Talisman Sabre – multi-national force
The Other Impacts!! – Darwin Specific • Immigration Issues • Asylum Detention Centre on Airport • Key landing pt into Australia • US Marines – increasing presence • USAF – increasing presence – more to come??
• Civil Aviation Context o Prevent Terrorism o Stop Criminality o Safe - Public Perception o Reactive
• Military Methodology o Asset Protection o Response capability o Maintain operational tempo
• Good Communications • Joint Security Risk Register • Security Committees • Airside Patrols
• Increased commercial operations as we grow • Newer larger aircraft – different markets, major market continues to be SE Asia
Challenges Ahead – Darwin remains the second-fastest growing major international airport over the past decade
• Increased commercial operations as we grow • Newer larger aircraft – different markets, major market continues to be SE Asia • Increased military operations eg Exercises – increasing importance - multinational • Growing US Military presence
• Increased commercial operations as we grow • Newer larger aircraft – different markets, major market continues to be SE Asia • Increased military operations eg Exercises – increasing importance - multinational • Growing US Military presence • Asylum Seekers • The adhocs
Alex McDowell (1. April 1955 auf Borneo) ist ein britischer Szenenbildner (production designer). Leben. McDowell wurde in Borneo geboren, seine Familie ...
Alex McDowell, Production Designer: Fight Club. Alex McDowell was born in 1955 in Borneo, Malaysia. He is a production designer, known for Fight Club (1999 ...
Alex McDowell; Born (1955-04-11) 11 April 1955 (age 61) Borneo, Malaysia: Occupation: production designer, producer: Years active: 1992 – present: Spouse(s)
Alex MacDowell is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Alex MacDowell and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes...
View the profiles of professionals named Alex Macdowell on LinkedIn. There are 4 professionals named Alex Macdowell, who use LinkedIn to exchange ...
View Alex MacDowell’s professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Alex MacDowell ...
Alex MacDowell, Production Manager: VH1 Storytellers ... LATEST HEADLINES. Mackenzie Davis to Co-Star With Charlize Theron in Jason Reitman’s ‘Tully ...
Alex McDowells berufliches Profil anzeigen LinkedIn ist das weltweit größte berufliche Netzwerk, das Fach- und Führungskräften wie Alex McDowell dabei ...
Welcome to Alex McDowell’s Dairyside Store. A family business established over 60 years ago
Alex McDowell RDI Creative Director, 5D Global Studio; Professor, USC SCA; Director, World Building Media Lab, World Building Institute